Update On Border Wars 2013

nadimmania

Legend
Reaction score
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd> </dd></dl><div>
200px-Border_Wars_2013.jpg

- Ring of Honor officials previously announced that for Border Wars 2013 on May 4th, and the first ROH international TV taping on May 5th in Toronto, multiple-time GHC Champion Naomichi Marufuji and current GHC Jr. Heavyweight Champion Taiji Ishimori would be participating. Their matches have just been officially announced.

At Border Wars 2013 on Saturday, May 4th, GHC Jr. Heavyweight Champion Taiji Ishimori will face off against Eddie Edwards in a non-title matchup. Naomichi Marufuji on the other hand, will go one on one with Davey Richards.

At the TV taping on Sunday, May 5th, Taiji Ishimori will fight Roderick Strong in another non-title matchup and Naomichi Marufuji will face off against Michael Elgin.

- Adam Cole will still receive his ROH World Championship shot at Border Wars 2013, even though Kevin Steen is no longer the champion. Nigel McGuinness had this to say to ROHWrestling.com:

"I declared Adam Cole a contender because he held that Television Title with honor. Adam carried it with integrity and continued the prestigious lineage that was established the day Eddie Edwards was crowned the first champion and continued with Christopher Daniels, El Generico, and the other men who have been champion. Adam showed he had the tools when he challenged Davey Richards last year in Dayton, and just like Jay Briscoe, has stood up for Ring of Honor throughout these issues with SCUM. I can think of no better way to ring in a new dawn for ROH than by presenting the first SCUM free World Title match in a year featuring these two athletes!"[/quote]

TheDoctor

Legend
Reaction score
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>HAPPY NEWS LADY</dt><dd>Apr 11 2013, 10:13:42 PM</dd></dl><div>What`s Steen going to do now?Fued with S.C.U.M?[/quote]Kind of looks that way right now, after what happened in the title match, I am expecting Corino to side with Hardy & Steen will feud with Matt.