Virtual Pro Wrestling

jazz

Midcard
Reaction score
[Title] TBA
[Development Team] jazz, jcsix, loco, FTW_Jme
[Release date] Winter 2014
[Style] AKI style wrestler mods, with AKI-esque high-resolution arena graphics. Japanese translated interface and menu text, optional English language pack included.

[Concept] Much like the VPW64 and VPW2, this save will cover the diverse world of Japanese pro wrestling, circa the 1990's. AJPW, NJPW, FMW, Pro Wrestling WAR, Michinoku Pro Wrestling, UWF-i, are the main wrestling promotions featured, along with wrestlers and arenas representing a handful of other pro wrestling companies will be included.

In Puroresu, certain venues have taken on a legendary reputation of their own, sometimes becoming an integral part of a promotion's history and legacy, so this save will be centered around not only recreating promotions and wrestlers that gave us so many classic matches, but also the legendary venues they where held in as well.

As such, taking advantage of unlimited cheat code space in PJ64 1.7 and using every last resource in arena hacking that I've found, this save will feature a different and original arena system: 10 venues, dozens of different arena configurations. Each venue will replace an arena slot, and when selected, different button combinations will allow you to change the arena instantly.
Example: Arena Slot 2 could be Korakuen Hall/default NJPW; pressing Z+C-up will change the arena into AJPW, Z+C-down is FMW, C+Z-left is UWF-i, pressing Z will revert the arena back into the default NJPW configuration. Each venue will have at least 4 different combinations.

[Arena/Venues]
1. 東京ドーム (Tokyo Dome)
2. 後楽園ホール (Korakuen Hall)
3. 日本武道館 (Nippon Budokan)
4. 両国国技館 (Ryogoku Kokugikan)
5. 川崎球場 (Kawasaki Stadium)
6. 福岡ドーム (Fukuoka Dome)
7. Michinoku Pro Wrestling (assorted small arenas)
8. ????
9. Arena Coliseo (México)
10. ????

[Roster]
TBA

More details later.

Suggestions/comments/ideas/questions are always welcome :)

jazz

Midcard
Reaction score
[Title] TBA
[Style] AKI style wrestler mods, with AKI-esque high-resolution arena graphics. Japanese translated interface and menu text, optional English language pack included.

[Concept] Much like the VPW64 and VPW2, this save will cover the diverse world of Japanese pro wrestling, circa the 1990's. AJPW, NJPW, FMW, Pro Wrestling WAR, Michinoku Pro Wrestling, UWF-i, are the main wrestling promotions featured, along with wrestlers and arenas representing a handful of other pro wrestling companies will be included.

In Puroresu, certain venues have taken on a legendary reputation of their own, sometimes becoming an integral part of a promotion's history and legacy, so this save will be centered around not only recreating promotions and wrestlers that gave us so many classic matches, but also the legendary venues they where held in as well.

As such, taking advantage of unlimited cheat code space in PJ64 1.7 and using every last resource in arena hacking that I've found, this save will feature a different and original arena system: 10 venues, dozens of different arena configurations. Each venue will replace an arena slot, and when selected, different button combinations will allow you to change the arena instantly.
Example: Arena Slot 2 could be Korakuen Hall/default NJPW; pressing Z+C-up will change the arena into AJPW, Z+C-down is FMW, C+Z-left is UWF-i, pressing Z will revert the arena back into the default NJPW configuration. Each venue will have at least 4 different combinations.

[Arena/Venues]
1. 東京ドーム (Tokyo Dome)
6. 福岡ドーム (Fukuoka Dome)
8. ????
10. ????

[Roster]
TBA

<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Arena previews</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">

</div>

<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Arena previews (old)</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">

</div>

More details later.

jazz

Midcard
Reaction score
[Title] TBA

[Arena/Venues]
1. 東京ドーム (Tokyo Dome)
6. 福岡ドーム (Fukuoka Dome)
8. ????
10. ????

[Roster]
TBA

<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Arena previews</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">

</div>

<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Arena previews (old)</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">

</div>

More details later.

jazz

Midcard
Reaction score
[Title] TBA

[Arena/Venues]
1. 東京ドーム (Tokyo Dome)
6. 福岡ドーム (Fukuoka Dome)
8. ????
10. ????

[Roster]
TBA

</div>

</div>

More details later.

jazz

Midcard
Reaction score
First previews:

KawasakiStadiumWIP001.png~original

KawasakiStadiumWIP002.png~original

KawasakiStadiumWIP003.png~original

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
This is going to be great.

edit: Holy shit! I used to have that venue on my King of the Deathmatch tape! That's incredible! That camera angle on the first shot, that would be great to use in-game! Makes it feel like such a stadium event. So huge!

AKI Man

Legend
Reaction score
Website
s4.zetaboards.com
I honestly mean this. This could well be one of the greatest save's ever.

Jazz man, that arena. Sweet jesus it looks phenominal brotha! I am a puro fan threw and threw. I honestly can not wait for this.

I am sure you have a idea of the roster already bro, but I would love to see Tiger Mask (Current/Black attire) and my favorite deathmatch wrestler ever!.... Mr Pogo.

Great stuff buddy.

KWG

Promoter
Staff member
Reaction score
Victor said:
Shocked.... It doesn't even look like no mercy. That's awesome!
'Yeah,I thought it was the VPW2 in the first screenshot!

:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

The-K

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
Holy shit.. the best arena i ever seen :blink:

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
Anybody else check that second post about a billion times today?

I can't get over that arena.

jazz

Midcard
Reaction score
There's even more to that Kawasaki Stadium that'll be added when I do the final coding for it: some of the textures will be tied to a clock activator, so every minute or two a new set of these specific textures will be automatically loaded, progressively getting darker as the match wears on to simulate the progression of time. At the 20:00 mark the cycling will stop, so by that point there'll be night-time sky textures, the buildings will be darker, stadium lights will shine brighter, etc. I have yet to test how this looks in-game, I'll post a preview vid once I get it all coded in. :)

@AKiman: All four incarnations of Tiger Mask will be included, and Mr. Pogo (and his trademark sickle) are definitely in ;)

ashhole

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
jazz is save is gonna be EPIC!!!! can't wait for this!!! any idea on wen that guide ur makin will b available?

KG 24

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Calvanater said:
No words...
niocviamnviornmbioawemirmvaoidmcvakdmcl;akcmxlkmlkadmvckdvmdlvknfvmoaiki
I dead.
Almost my exact reaction.

Those screenshots... those ideas... those day to night arenas... so much to wait for.