Virtual Pro Wrestling

DCLawliet

Young Lion
Reaction score
Hey bluntfellow, what effects did you do to get the logo with that. I was wondering because your title screen just gave me an idea that I was completely blanking on.

bluntfello

Main Eventer
Reaction score
DCLawliet said:
Hey bluntfellow, what effects did you do to get the logo with that. I was wondering because your title screen just gave me an idea that I was completely blanking on.
First I duplicated the logo 3 times to get the borders a little thicker, then I raised the color balance of red and yellow all the way up. Then I raised the contrast all the way to 100, and ran it through the smart sharpen filter with my own settings, and then I think I used the plastic wrap filter for a little shine. More or less that is how I got it like that.

I was just thinking if someone who is good at coding could make it so that the Press Start layer is 2 layers, and could make it take up half the screen we could get the bottom flames to move using two different layers.

jazz

Midcard
Reaction score
First of all, thank you guys that took it upon yourself to make a start screen. You can send over a PSD to myself or jcsix and we'll take it from there , since we're going for more of an AKI lo-res style so we will convert the textures and edit other small details (such as the tag line and credits). Thank you guys! As far as the other menus, we've already got a wrestler select screen and I've got my own plans for the main menu , so for the sake of consistency with our already completed in-match graphics, we'll be handling the menus. Flattered about the support and appreciate your contributions nonetheless ! I'll be using your guys logo for this initial release . :)

@SLX : your arena texturing work is second to none, you really should look into learning the coding side of things and make the ultimate arenas! I have to admit that looking at your work it is so tempting to want to poly code some of those and make some amazingly detailed arenas, but I'm afraid I don't have the necessary free time to take on other projects at this time .

Here's more previews, Toshiaki Kawada and Genichiro Tenryu
SNNyDXw.png
qICbsqj.png

Citmqd0.png

Tyler Black

Upper Midcard
Reaction score
words cant describe how eager I am for the initial release of this. keep up the good work guys. this will go down as one of the all time great saves

King Bros

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
Kobashi and Kawada! Man I can't wait to see the others.....Bravo

bluntfello

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Yeah this is some of the best AKI style work I've seen. It's not all blurry looking but rather smooth. If you guys want the psd file for the start screen I put together I can get that to you.

jazz

Midcard
Reaction score
Thanks bluntfello, that would be great! You can PM it over to me. We really appreciate your and DClawliet's contribution!

bluntfello

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Yeah no problem. This is giving some ideas for my own save which I think I'll keep to myself lol. So glad there is a Puroresu save to go along with all the rest. One question, will there be legends like The Destroyer, Mil Mascaras, Dos Caras, Bruiser Brody etc?

jazz

Midcard
Reaction score
Cool man! Really look forward to your save, as living in Mexico for the first few years of my life during the big early 90's lucha boom,, I grew up on Lucha Libre long before I knew any other kind of pro-wrestling.

And yes, there will be a lot of legends. Self_destruction has got pretty far on his Destroyer, I've got a Lou Thesz started, and Mil Mascaras, Dos Caras, and Bruiser Brody are certainly part of the roster.

bluntfello

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Great to hear about those legends being in. Also cool that you lived in Mexico and appreciate Lucha Libre. My save won't be too heavy on codes and all that, but it should be a visual treat with a few wacky surprises here and there that should make it a lot of fun.

jordyad

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Mitsuharu Misawa.
8d5Osea.png

Thank to Jcsix for thoses wonderful attire bases. :)

DCLawliet

Young Lion
Reaction score
That Misawa looks fantastic. The day when we get to play this or have a full version avaliable will be one of my happiest

AKI Man

Legend
Reaction score
Website
s4.zetaboards.com
This looks amazing. Flashman.... Is that you Jordy? Well I think that's what your name was when I was more active here. Great stuff.

TheBITW44

Young Lion
Reaction score
So is this just basically going to be a remake of VPW2 or will it have modern guys like Okada, Tanahashi, Omega, etc? I'd really love to see a modern NJPW/puro mod with the legends in it like Misawa. There was the NJPW King of Sports mod a few years ago but it was pretty buggy and the roster and movesets are out of date now.

jordyad

Main Eventer
Reaction score
@AKI Man : Yep thats me :p

@TheBITW44 : Not really a VPW2 remake, but the save is how VPW3 would have been, mostly keeping to the 2000-January 2001 timeline. So no it will not contain current guys.

<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd> </dd></dl><div>The first save will be basically themed around what a Virtual Pro Wrestling 3 game would've looked like, using wrestlers and rosters based on the period between 2000 and January 2001. So you can expect to see most of the VPW2 roster + some new faces
- One wrestler per slot
- One arena: Korakuen Hall (as previewed here. A new, even more detailed version is in the works but will not be part of the initial relase) [/quote]

Also heres my last stuff :

DYioiAQ.png