SLX

Midcard
Reaction score
1q88.png

Anything I should change guys?

Fofo

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Like I said before, the stage looks amazing. This final preview looks even more solid.
Love the lightning, btw. It brings the whole stage to life. However, I think you should make the stage a little more bright.

Wolfpac_69

Main Eventer
Reaction score
That is the best nitro arena i have ever beautiful work id love to use this in mayhem

SLX

Midcard
Reaction score
RazorInstinct said:
Awesome Work.Did you release your previous work.RAW Arena of 2002-2004?
I haven't actually, But I still intend to. I Updated to the latest 3ds max before rendering Nitro, so I need to get on that as well lol.

Here's a snapshot of 3ds max in action. Most of the effects were added in photoshop, but it sure makes for a nice canvas to start with.

3wYTgUE.jpg

Wolfpac_69

Main Eventer
Reaction score
This rules so much SLX will the 3d stage work in No Mercy? i guess a alteration to the ring steps to make a 'Slope' Shape maybe possible

SLX

Midcard
Reaction score
This 3d stage is 140,000 polygons lol, so it wont work. I personally don't know anything about importing models into no mercy. I just used it as a template to paint over in photoshop.

Wolfpac_69

Main Eventer
Reaction score
man thats a lot of polys lol i can't wait to see the model in game

SLX

Midcard
Reaction score
fwZBCWG.jpg

What else should I work on?

I'm aware of the top alignment problem and i'm on it.

treefrog

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
I logged just to say that model looks incredible. I hope you can get it to look close to that in NM. 3DS is great - an awesome tool to use when modding games. I can't afford it, thought about a free trial but I wouldn't know how to use it so it would be a waste of time.

SLX

Midcard
Reaction score
Thing is though, most of the effects I created by hand in photoshop using blending layers and painting. The model was mostly useful as a base, a lot got redetailed after I moved on to photoshop. So it's in No Mercy pretty much as the snapshot further up showed.

treefrog

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
Still looks great whatever the case may be. Thanks for all the time and effort.

SLX

Midcard
Reaction score
lvW8fsn.jpg

I think this is final unless I need to change something

dbs64

Midcard
Reaction score
This is tremendous but I think there could be a few different things added, the top of the C I would make thinner the bottom part longer, the metal outlines I feel could be more visible, I will just give you one reference pic then

This pic is not truly proportionate but it's close, that is how big the stage should be to the wrestler if he was standing right under it however in game he is like 10 feet in front right there, the last thing is that the metal part should be right ahead of the mini screens and the mini screens are above the ramp, I'm am going to be a bastard about this but this is the stage I wanted to be the closest to perfect.

I hope this helps you and doesn't make you mad instead, your stuff is amazing either way

SLX

Midcard
Reaction score
I would be the biggest prick on the planet to get mad, you provided a few amazing references and that was the most useful post i've received.

I've been working on new lighting techniques and i'm becoming more aware of the more powerful features of max 2014, so I definitely want to take another look at where I rushed Nitro 99. I have a pretty bad case of ADHD and don't mind coming back to stuff when something else helped me advance. Max 2014 feels more like a game engine for developing once you learn how it works, but setting up a render makes things look oh so damn perfect. It's a bit like building the legos, then putting them together. So much faster and more realistic than photoshop once you learn how to create things. Also, i'm using a fair bit of WWE 2k14 textures to speed up workflow. I could draw them, but If its going to look the same either way and I'm not getting paid, who cares. :p

I'll work on getting this perfect for you. This was the first arena so it got the rush job as so many have to be made. I did a LOT of retouching in photoshop, where on the other arenas I recreated them video-game quality. I'm going to redo it almost entirely. Top of the list is increasing the brightness of the scaffolding, and probably redoing it all with a much lower polycount. This arena is one of my faves too, but in the meantime, please enjoy this Nitro 2000 WIP and tell me if the change in style has helped.

oZWZKAg.jpg

SLX

Midcard
Reaction score
Update: Finished :)

vy6AhGY.jpg

I will probably go back and add lights to Thunder and all arenas before release. think the arenas look much better without the clutter of lights, but then again, its for accuracy's sake and really doesn't take that long.