WCW / NWO Textures

wwwfchamp

Young Lion
Reaction score
Hey, all:

I've been transplanting textures from Revenge into WM 2000 edit characters. I've been able to successfully dump textures and overwrite WM 2000 textures, but I can't seem to get the "backs" of the heads from Revenge characters to overwrite properly. Does anyone know how to do this? I'd like to get the correct "backs" for Savage and Hogan (bandannas) and for Piper's hair.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

PinkFloyd

Midcard
Reaction score
Revenge and Wrestlemania back of the heads won't work properly. You actually have to takes the heads and paste them on to the wrestlemania image format.
TL:DR Copy paste the back of the heads in revenge to wrestlemania 2000 back of the heads.

One problem I do have is that when I backpaste Macho or Sting, the ingame result looks like a burnt rainbow so sometimes I make the image lighter.
Hope this helps

wwwfchamp

Young Lion
Reaction score
Hey, thanks for the info. I'm still a bit new to replacing textures, so where can I find the Wrestlemania image format?

Thanks!

PinkFloyd

Midcard
Reaction score
What I mean for image format is Dimensions 64 x 32
OR
you could just paste over an existing image of the back of the head in wrestlemania
rick.jpg

Adding this pic in case ur wondering

wwwfchamp

Young Lion
Reaction score
Hey, thanks for the info! I understand what you mean by pasting over an existing back of head in WM 2000. I did just that when I created Vader in WM 2000 (got him from VPW2).

Are you saying I need to reformat the WCW Revenge backs of heads to 64 X 32? Sorry, still quite new to all this. Thanks for your patience.

Also, I've tried to use the ninja patcher to get the English translation for VPW2. Do you know if there is a video guide for doing this? Thanks!

PinkFloyd

Midcard
Reaction score
just the 1st one, you don't need to have it 64x32
as for a video give me bout a day or 2 and I'll make one

wwwfchamp

Young Lion
Reaction score
Hey, just curious, but how do you reformat backs of heads from Revenge to be 64 x 32? Do you use Paint? Thanks!

PinkFloyd

Midcard
Reaction score
I wouldn't recommend using paint as that blurrs the image

wwwfchamp

Young Lion
Reaction score
Really? I've been using Paint and I didn't notice any blurring. The results have been pretty decent. I reformatted Hogan's bandanna and Savage's, and they both look pretty decent. Savage's hair under the bandanna looks a little odd (plastered to the neck, making him look almost bald), so I had to use a default hair texture from the CAW mode and combine them.

I have Dr. Frank's head pretty close to Revenge, except for the bolts in his neck. I got executioner 95% accurate, too, except that his mask is not pointed like it is in Revenge. That's ok, since it looks like a black Lucha mask.

I would use Photoshop, but I am not sure how to overlap one PNG over top of another, and I'm not sure how to "transform" images. Thanks for the input, though.
Hey, another quick question:

What's the best method for dumping and replacing ring/arena textures from WM 2000, VPW2, Revenge and No Mercy?

I'm trying to replace the WM 2000 ring, canvas and turnbuckles with textures from No Mercy, but I can't find the WM 2000 turnbuckles textures. Any thoughts? Thanks!

wwwfchamp

Young Lion
Reaction score
Oh, ok. So is it not possible to replace the WM 2000 turnbuckles with the ones from No Mercy or another mod, like Wrestling Legends? Thanks!

S.K. Stylez

Backstage Worker
Reaction score
It can be done, but you need a code that gives the turnbuckle pad a texture.

wwwfchamp

Young Lion
Reaction score
Do you know the code and how to do it, or can you point me in the right direction?

S.K. Stylez

Backstage Worker
Reaction score
I haven't seen the correct address posted, and I need to find it. They're just before the arena addresses. You can check the long list of GS codes that are on gamefaqs.

wwwfchamp

Young Lion
Reaction score
Amigo, I really am a beginner. I'm not even sure I'd know what to do with the GameShark codes, even if I had them. Is there a decent tutorial I can read or watch on how to use GameShark codes? I don't have my N64 console anymore. I use only emulators. Any help is more than appreciated, thanks!

S.K. Stylez

Backstage Worker
Reaction score
81047918 0580
81047920 057E

This will give the Turnbuckle Pads a texture. When you dump the texture, it should be Blue with a Green strip going down.

wwwfchamp

Young Lion
Reaction score
Hey, thanks, SK, but I'm not sure what that code is or how to use it. Would you mind explaining to me exactly what to do, thanks!

S.K. Stylez

Backstage Worker
Reaction score
In Project 64 press Ctrl + C to bring up the cheat menu while the game is loaded and enter the code. Go into the match and the turnbuckle pads will be blue. You can dump the texture and change it to your liking.