Why Taker-Cena Match At WM 34 Is Too Short?

nadimmania

Legend
Reaction score
John-Cena-Undertaker-695430.jpg

Source: Wrestling Inc.
WWE officials decided on John Cena vs. The Undertaker for WrestleMania 34 several months back and at some point realized that The Dead Man couldn't do any kind of lengthy match, which is why they ended up having Taker defeat Cena in just 2 minutes and 46 seconds, according to The Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

Taker's health going into the match was the catalyst for the odd build to the match, which never saw Taker appear on WWE TV to accept the challenge. WWE wanted everyone to know Taker would be in New Orleans to face Cena but they wanted to downplay the idea that it was one of the biggest matches on the show as people would expect it to be if there was a normal build that you might see for other matches.

My Analysis:

Although I love the Loyalty that Undertaker has, the Value that he brought to WrestleMania every time he showed up, his dedication to the business, I think it's time (and IT IS time) for The Undertaker to retire. Looking at his next match against Chris Jericho on WWE's Greatest Royal Rumble, which is a Casket Match, I believe it's the most perfect time for The Undertaker to retire, by being put into the Casket by Jericho.

Looking at the Marketing and the Promotion that WWE did for this WWE's Greatest Royal Rumble, surely they want to make this event as memorable and as special as possible. It would attract huge crowd, and in turns, it will attract new fan or audience too. And what could be a better way to make this event more special than making a "OMG Once-in-a-Lifetime" moment by having Undertaker retired in this event?

It's a perfect farewell for Undertaker, and it also gives value to WWE's Greatest Royal Rumble itself (which, the more higher the value of the event, the more new audience or fan that WWE could attract to watch their show, or to subscribe to the WWE Network).

Regards,

Nadim