WWE 2K17 Thread

The NekoMancer

Promoter
Reaction score
Well, since the game is set to release and just saw an update, let's discuss here.

<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Shinsuke Nakamura confirmed</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">
</div>

Who else would you like to see in the game?

I'd go nuts if Kana (Asuka) was in the game.

I pretty much want AJ Styles, Enzo and Cass, The Vaudevillains, the New Day.

Any word on what the "topic" will be this year? More rivalries/wrestler history?

S.K. Stylez

Backstage Worker
Reaction score
I hate 2K for making us fork out so much for the NXT Edition just for Nakamura :(. I hope Gallows and Anderson have made the DLC cut. It's safe to say we'll have to wait another year for Bobby Rooooooo. If Nia Jax is in, Bayley, Carmella, Alexa Bliss, Asuka are all in. If not I shall be shocked.

I kinda want a Bret Hart showcase. That way we can get some more WCW guys in the game.

The NekoMancer

Promoter
Reaction score
Yeah, that sucks. I hope they compensate well enough. I hear it'll be available for PS3. Is that true?

PsychoGirl

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Website
animenationaf.webs.com
They have an NXT Edition and it has Nia Jax, Apollo Crews and Shinsuke Nakamura playable...basically NXT Showcase?

Other than that, I think they'll have 2 showcase modes involving Brock Lesnar and Goldberg.

Champion_Gamer

Promoter
Staff member
Reaction score
I've already put money down on the NXT edition as i really wanted that Finn Bálor statue and shinsuke nakamura poster(going to buy a nice frame for it) however i do think $150 dollars is a bit steep, i just hope the three included NXT wrestlers are available for purchases a couple of weeks after the release as i don't want it to turn into another 2k15 paige situation

on the subject of who i'd like to see in the the game, i'd like to see American alpha,The Revival, rhyno, Tommy dreamer, the Brian Kendrick, pretty much any ECW wrestlers they can get for the game(i can dream lol) *EDIT*oh and kurt angle*EDIT*

i'd love to see the competitors from the cruiserweight classic released as dlc

as for the game i'd love it if story mode was to come back and if they introduced programmable A.I logic to the game :)

*EDIT 2*it will be on ps3 neko it's on 2k's website :) *EDIT 2*

The NekoMancer

Promoter
Reaction score
PsychoGirl said:
They have an NXT Edition and it has Nia Jax, Apollo Crews and one more NXT Wrestler playable...basically NXT Showcase?

Other than that, I think they'll have 2 showcase modes involving Brock Lesnar and Goldberg.

<big>"Nia Jax, Apollo Crews and one more NXT Wrestler "</big>

<big><big>one more NXT Wrestler</big></big>
<big><big><big>
NXT Wrestler</big></big></big>
Seriously, what the fuck?

nadimmania

Legend
Reaction score
PsychoGirl said:
I forgot the name.I am sorry. SSheeshlol
Nadimmania, that's the name you were looking for.

Nah jk. The legend himself, Shinsuke Nakamura. That's the name you were looking for.

Anyway, what I want? return of the holy GM Mode, dammit. That's what I want since many many years ago. BUT I supposed they will save the GM Mode for WWE 2K18 though. I'd heard that Brand Extension will not be in WWE 2K17, due to timing reasons.

For rivalries/story mode, I'm on the same page with PsychoGirl. I'm pretty sure Lesnar will be this year's story mode. First, Lesnar is the man on the cover. Second, Lesnar is the biggest draw WWE has right now. Third, there's Goldberg in it, and even the trailer teased suplex city sign (aside from potential rematch, this could also teased their rivalries at WM 20 will be included within the game, possibly in Lesnar's story mode).

For current roster, I'm sure they will include AJ Styles, Enzo and Cass, The Vaudevillains, and The New Day. If they don't, then 2K or WWE (depends on who have the idea in the first place) going nuts just like a year ago (the whole exclusion of "NXT Four Horsewoman" thing). I'm also sure they will include Anderson and Gallows as well, but maybe as DLC (again, timing reasons).

For legends? since there will be Goldberg and Monday Nitro, then Kevin Nash will have a spot in the game as well. If you asked me which legend I would like to see in the game, then Tatanka is the one. I'm not familiar with his matches, but since he compete at WM 32, he deserve a spot in the game. If Tatanka is not included, and 2K or WWE has a plan to include Gillberg in the game, then 2K or WWE going nuts once again.

And please, for the love of Mankind (bad Michael Cole imitation), don't make the gameplay way too realistic. We need a little bit of SVR "arcade-feels" element back. Not too much, but a little bit. Thank you.

PsychoGirl

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Website
animenationaf.webs.com
AH Shinsuke....i deserve a lot of hate for forgetting his name. Excuse - I was at work when I posted that comment, so couldn't remember. Sorry Nakamura-San if you're reading this . Hai

Oh my God , I agree with nadim...I miss the GM Mode so badly. Oh , yes you're right about WCW thing, a lot of arenas will be featured in the showcase modes as far as news. So basically a Goldberg Showcase which involves his WCW career as well as his WWE run will be there. wooooo

jordyad

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Fuck it! The NXT edition is only available on Next Gen consoles :wall:

Kanon

Main Eventer
Reaction score
First screenshots and Brock Lesnar's entrance

uXL-EGVAh8A.jpg

HvPAurybpsA.jpg

DvE_-HwvQ2c.jpg

XoIOE_O_OeE.jpg

QRqt73kAWoM.jpg

1t9PqDZ5HbA.jpg

xNzEPLF383Q.jpg

<iframe type='text/html' width='400' height='300' src='
' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen=''></iframe>

[/SPOILER]

nadimmania

Legend
Reaction score
<iframe type='text/html' width='500' height='250' src='
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd> </dd></dl><div>2K today announced the in-game soundtrack details for WWE 2K17, the forthcoming release in the flagship WWE video game franchise. Personally curated by legendary hip-hop recording artist, producer, entrepreneur and WWE enthusiast Sean "Diddy" Combs aka Puff Daddy, the soundtrack will feature 13 unique songs from established and emerging artists that span multiple music genres, including hip-hop, indie and alternative rock, heavy metal and electronic dance. The full soundtrack is presented by Revolt Media & TV, a music cable network created by Combs.

The WWE 2K17 in-game soundtrack, curated by Puff Daddy, will include the following artists and songs:

* Action Bronson & Joey Bada$$ (feat. Rico Love) – "What About The Rest Of Us";
* Anderson .Paak – "Come Down";
* Andy Black – "We Don't Have To Dance";
* Axwell ? Ingrosso – "This Time";
* Black Sabbath – "Paranoid";
* Bring Me The Horizon – "Run";
* FIDLAR – "Drone";
* French Montana (feat. Kojak Black) – "Lockjaw";
* iSHi (feat. French Montana, Wale, & Raekwon) – "We Run";
* P. Diddy, Black Rob & Mark Curry – "Bad Boy For Life";
* Travis Barker & Yelawolf – "Out of Control";
* Twenty One Pilots – "Ride";
* Yellow Claw (feat. Lil Eddie) – "We Made It".

Developed collaboratively by Yuke's and Visual Concepts, a 2K studio, WWE 2K17 is not yet rated by the ESRB. WWE 2K17 is currently scheduled for worldwide release on the PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment systems, Xbox One and Xbox 360 on October 11, 2016. Consumers who pre-order WWE 2K17 at any participating retailer will receive two playable Bill Goldberg characters, as well as playable WCW Monday Nitro and Halloween Havoc arenas, at no extra cost on launch day. For more information on WWE 2K17 and 2K, visit wwe.2k.com, become a fan on Facebook, follow the game on Twitter and Instagram using the hashtag #WWE2K17 or subscribe on YouTube.[/quote]

bluntfello

Main Eventer
Reaction score
I'd say that soundtrack is ass aside from Black Sabbath.

Kanon

Main Eventer
Reaction score
New screenies and Bálor's Takeover Dallas entrance

SWszdiVM3g4.jpg

UzDBycv1DbM.jpg

Sx1R5idaZq4.jpg
xbbvfoXtWNY.jpg

v6MKi_19stc.jpg

yXdBz5un1hQ.jpg

<iframe type='text/html' width='400' height='300' src='

WARNING: The screenshots are huge

EDIT: Added Corbin and Charlotte screenshots
First features revealed

<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd> </dd></dl><div>GAMEPLAY

With the WWE 2K franchise, we are striving to deliver the most authentic and realistic WWE experience possible. Fans have been asking us to truly improve the core gameplay experience since we inherited the brand, and we are taking your requests seriously – from controls to presentation to individual features. We’ve shifted the gameplay experience focus from an arcade-centric, fighting game style to simulation-based gameplay, and WWE 2K17 continues pushing in that direction with both improved and new gameplay mechanics. In WWE 2K17, the fans will, more than ever, get to control the action how and where they want, including competing in the crowd and backstage areas. Our community asked for the return of playable backstage and crowd areas, so we delivered on this request. We also greatly improved the responsiveness of gameplay while also updating game systems like Ladders, Taunts and a new secondary submission system. As always, we added thousands of new animations into WWE 2K17, so there is a lot of new gameplay for everyone to discover and enjoy. These are just a few of the gameplay improvements we are delivering in WWE 2K17, all of which will provide the most authentic WWE experience to date.

CREATION

The WWE 2K17 Creation Suite enables the WWE Universe to customize, build and share their own unique WWE Superstars, Arenas, Entrances, Shows and more. For WWE 2K17, we added new creation features, as well as focused on deepening and providing even more options for existing creation features. For example, we added many more parts, more adjustment options and elements like body hair, all of which add to the game’s massive set of customization options. We also added a full Highlight Replay system, which allows players to record video highlights from their matches. The video content can be used in our new Create a Video feature, which lets players create videos for use in things like custom entrance Titan Tron videos for created Superstars. We also deepened the Create a Show feature and added a brand new Create a Victory feature to ensure everyone can create the most comprehensive WWE experience possible. Whether players build their own worlds or simply expand on existing tools, the power is in their hands.

2K SHOWCASE

One of the largest and most difficult decisions we made for WWE 2K17 was to forego building a 2K Showcase. We designed and contemplated several Showcase ideas, including options surrounding our cover Superstar, Brock Lesnar, but all of them were not viable due to the many historic WWE Superstars needed but not available for inclusion in the game. In addition, the team is heavily focused on building and delivering great content that fans can enjoy for years to come, while the Showcases only live in games from year to year. In all, we didn’t feel good about creating a Showcase that was not up to our standards and current development vision, so we decided to take that effort and put it into modes our community requests we keep improving: WWE Universe and MyCareer.

WWE UNIVERSE MODE

In WWE Universe Mode, we are working to recreate the drama and excitement seen every week on Raw, SmackDown Live and NXT. For WWE 2K17, we created a new flow that focuses on these shows. The shows are what we all watch each week, and now with the recent brand split, are even more important. Our new Show Presentation system makes players feel like they are playing through a weekly episode of any WWE television or WWE Network program. We also added more intrigue and possibilities by incorporating run-ins, as well as pre- and post-match attacks. Just like in WWE, we never know what might happen next.

Even with all these new features, presentation and possibilities, we still felt something was missing: promos. In turn, WWE 2K17 will deliver a brand new Promo Engine that lets the WWE Superstars express their thoughts and emotions to the WWE Universe and one another. The Promo Engine creates a new dynamic and brings the experience closer to the actual WWE than ever before. That’s not all – we also are delivering a completely revamped offering of all Universe Mode cut scenes, including familiar and brand new scenarios. Collectively, WWE 2K17 represents the most comprehensive and authentic WWE Universe we’ve attempted thus far.

MYCAREER

MyCareer also gets some exciting new features for WWE 2K17. We incorporated the new Promo Engine, so Superstars can express themselves to the WWE Universe and also call out or respond to other WWE Superstars. Backstage interviews with Renee Young take on a whole new dimension with our new backstage brawling gameplay. Now more than ever, how a player competes, reacts, what is said and even what attire is worn can make a difference in a Superstar’s journey through the WWE. At some point, players are also likely to come face to face with Brock Lesnar and his advocate, Paul Heyman. What happens when confronted by this imposing duo will greatly shape a player’s future career growth in WWE.

WHAT’S NEXT?

The above is a select list of the improvements and additions we are making for WWE 2K17. There is a lot more to discuss in the near future, from the features above to online to all the other components we know you’ll ask about, and we will get into more details as we get closer to the game’s release. We are excited to start sharing what we are doing with the game and look forward to letting everyone in on all the exciting things in store with WWE 2K17. After all, the Beast Incarnate, Brock Lesnar, is waiting for you in Suplex City.

Oh, and since everyone seems to be speculating – yes – the roster is larger than last year.

We know you will enjoy WWE 2K17.

–Mark Little, Executive Producer of WWE 2K[/quote][/SPOILER]

Champion_Gamer

Promoter
Staff member
Reaction score
wow look's like this game is going to kick ass...... I'm liking the direction 2k are taking wit te series at te moment

S.K. Stylez

Backstage Worker
Reaction score
Roman Reigns is in the background being interviewed in the AJ and Bubba screenshot.

Kanon

Main Eventer
Reaction score
New screenshots & Goldberg's entrance

L71NkYLPeCY.jpg

36DI5k0JHwI.jpg

_gM-r2x41Cs.jpg

3y58u1xPzw8.jpg

FgV5LDm43Zo.jpg

-3n780fwh_E.jpg

u2NtX9weKc0.jpg

Xh9-tinH2u0.jpg

HmYWx1EaU3w.jpg

<iframe type='text/html' width='400' height='250' src='
[/SPOILER]

nadimmania

Legend
Reaction score
I'm still interested in "will Gallows and Anderson be included?". We've got Bálor and Styles, so I hope Gallows and Anderson can be included into the roster as well (or at least, as a DLC).

Anyway, it's a good thing that 2K use Goldberg's WCW theme. It's MUCH MUCH better than the WWE version.