WWE Superstar Tells TMZ He's Gay

nadimmania

Legend
Reaction score
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd> </dd></dl><div>
darrenyoung.jpeg

WWE Superstar Darren Young came out to TMZ and admitted that he is gay. TMZ caught up with Young at an airport and asked if a gay male could succeed in WWE. Young laughed and replied, "Absolutely. Look at me. I'm a WWE superstar and to be honest with you, I'll tell you right now, I'm gay. And I'm happy. I'm very happy."

For more info (And the video proof), Click this link: http://www.tmz.com/2013/08/15/darren-young-wwe-superstar-gay/#ixzz2c2KprM30
[/quote]

TheDoctor

Legend
Reaction score
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>A.K.I</dt><dd>Aug 15 2013, 10:23:15 AM</dd></dl><div>Good for him man. Its nice to see a wrestler open about his sexuality and not ashamed of it.[/quote]This 100%
Here's to you, Darren. :toast:

Edit: Here's the video.
<iframe type='text/html' width='250' height='250' src='
' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen=''></iframe>

Meh.

Midcard
Reaction score
Sexual preference means absolutely nothing and shouldn't mean anything to anyone except the individual and only the individual.

Kevin Crow

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Orton was asked in an interview about this:

<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>PWTorch</dt><dd> </dd></dl><div>
In an interview with satellite radio host Sam Roberts, WWE star Randy Orton was asked for his reaction to Darren Young announcing his sexual orientation to TMZ on Wednesday. Orton stated he was not aware, nor does he think anyone in the locker room was aware prior to Young's announcement.

"I'm close enough to him that if anyone else would have known - the locker room is like high school where one person finds something out and five minutes later everyone knows," Orton said. "

Asked if WWE should work Young's personal life into his character (which many fear will happen), Orton said, "I think people make such a big deal about this stuff. It's preference; to each his own. Let him do his thing."

[/quote]

Nwo Knw

Opener
Reaction score
im shocked black john cena gay white cena straight wow that s all i can say

baal666

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Personnaly, i don't give sh*t if a wrestler is gay, that's none of our business and those things are kinda annoying.
On another note, if there is really discriminations in WWE like Ahmed Johnson said the guy may have burried is carrer before it even began to rise, which would be sad for him.

TheDoctor

Legend
Reaction score
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>Nwo Knw</dt><dd>Aug 16 2013, 07:05:44 PM</dd></dl><div>im shocked black john cena gay white cena straight wow that s all i can say[/quote]That made absolutely no sense whatsoever.....
:sgctc:

KWG

Promoter
Staff member
Reaction score
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>Connor MacLeod</dt><dd>Aug 16 2013, 08:10:13 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>Nwo Knw</dt><dd>Aug 16 2013, 07:05:44 PM</dd></dl><div>im shocked black john cena gay white cena straight wow that s all i can say[/quote]That made absolutely no sense whatsoever.....
:sgctc:
[/quote]I'm shocked,black John Cena(Darren Young is commonly refered as a Cena black Look-A-Like ) is gay,while John Cena is straight,wow,that's all I can say.

:B-)

CalvTheHedgehog

Midcard
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
My Dad keeps calling me a Darren when I do something stupid, and when something dumb happens he goes "That's Darren." Oh my god help

wwefan4life2

Main Eventer
Reaction score
baal666 said:
On another note, if there is really discriminations in WWE like Ahmed Johnson said the guy may have burried is carrer before it even began to rise, which would be sad for him.
WWE reacts to Darren Young coming out:

http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2013/8/15/4624648/wwe-reacts-to-darren-young-coming-out

Vince supports Darren Young:

http://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/news/30785/Vince-McMahon-Comments-On-Darren-Young-Coming-Out/

WWE has a partnership with GLAAD (Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation)

Be a Star program which is against bullying (Whether its based on race, religion, or even sexual preference).

http://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/news/30785/Vince-McMahon-Comments-On-Darren-Young-Coming-Out/

Stephanie supports gay marriage:

http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/20...nie-mcmahon-tweets-in-support-of-gay-marriage

So no, his career won't be ruined because he is gay.

Monarch

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
Good for him for coming out. He's shown his true talents with Titus O'Neil and he's hilarious.

TheDoctor

Legend
Reaction score
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>Cal'lex</dt><dd>Aug 16 2013, 10:09:11 PM</dd></dl><div>I'm not even kidding. I stood up with Zeb and said "We The People" and he's like you the Darren. LOOOL[/quote] :notsure

Tired

Legend
Reaction score
As far as Darren Young coming out goes, I think it was great that he did it.

But if I am totally honest, I doubt that the timing was really his decision. I mean, after he confessed, the WWE almost immediately announced his involvement in a Be A Star event where he would be speaking on being yourself, regardless of race or sexuality.

I think that the WWE wanted him to become their first openly gay star, but kept telling him to put off coming out until it was convenient for them. He was taken out of the Nexus for a singles push, but then GLAAD kicked up a stink about Cena and Cole's comments.

Every time they were about to do something big with him, something about WWE and homophobia always happened. And now there is no controversy, and he has been around for a while, and just before his singles push, the timing is perfect for him to come out.

I am glad he did it. But I just hope it doesn't become a marketing gimmick.

kevan1700

Upper Midcard
Reaction score
i REALLY hope him being gay doesnt completely become his character/gimmick

Nwo Knw

Opener
Reaction score
im pretty sure that darren young will never be wwe champion u got it all wrong no hate if he is gay i have nothing against the homosexuals but i'm pretty sure that vince will NEVER AND I MEan NEVER ALLOW a gay superstar to be wwe champion

Meh.

Midcard
Reaction score
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>WoodBoy Doctor of Chaos</dt><dd>Aug 16 2013, 08:20:21 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>Connor MacLeod</dt><dd>Aug 16 2013, 08:10:13 PM</dd></dl><div>
Quoting limited to 2 levels deep[/quote]I'm shocked,black John Cena(Darren Young is commonly refered as a Cena black Look-A-Like ) is gay,while John Cena is straight,wow,that's all I can say.

:B-) [/quote]Really? Because I would have never called him the black John Cena - in-fact I seem no resemblance what so ever.