WWF Backlash: The UNOFFICIAL Sequel to No Mercy

randymanfoo

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
STeRlAi.gif

WWF Backlash is currently a WIP Save that will consist of only

- rom hacks/texture injections (using VPW Studio by freem)
- Gameshark codes (menu layouts, matches, moves, much more)
- sound and music injections

WWF Backlash will NOT use

- any textures outside of the rom (textures loaded with emu plugins)

In the end, the only things that will be required for this project are the ROM and the cheat file.

The purpose of this save is to make the unofficial release of the cancelled sequel to No Mercy. This means it will contain the roster from the end of 2001 and revolve around the Invasion angle. I've read that the cancelled game had different names from different places but "Backlash" wound up sounded good to me.

To make this game feel like an actual sequel I want to include every unlockable aspect. All unlockable items in the mall, essentially replacing them with different textures and move hacks over the unlockable moves. This gives the player the option to create who might be missing from the game. (ex. nWo shirt, hogan pants, Nash shirt, sting face paint, mysterio mask and more). I want the player to have the freedom to do everything that might have been accessible if the original game was released. So ya know, all the same shit as NM, just updated timeline and different menus.

I have a handful of stage interaction ideas and a new idea on how to make stages from the ring view. I plan on coding new stages to include properties without the need to load the stage... we'll see how that goes. Then I plan on altering the backstage borders to look and feel like new areas. I know that sounds like a lot. I think I've played around with them enough to have the confidence in taking it on.

Championship mode will be replaced with newer stories, (not sure on the matches changing yet) but i'm sure I can write small stories around the matches given, if need be.

I've nearly mapped out all things to be replaced. So tackling the job should be much easier.

We have just opened up a Patreon service for those who would like to support our efforts in creating this project and many others in the future.
You'll find that some Patrons will have early access to Projects when release dates are set, some even have CURRENT access to included projects.
REGARDELSS, ALL PROJECTS WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR EVERYONE EVENTUALLY. Patreon is to help support the production of our team projects.
Available WIP projects WILL BE BUGGY AND INCOMPLETE! BUT, they will always be playable, just not 100%

If you're interested in being a Patron you can do so here:
www.patreon.com/Nextwave64

Any textures that look confusing or misplaced is due to their textures still needing to be replaced.

Here are a few preview for this project. We will continue to update. Be on the lookout for our other projects.
All textures seen in this project have been injected into the ROM.

4xLphiZ.gif

2k1gCYH.gif

New match settings let you create new match types
2qBxoIr.gif

Hardcore match setting will have a random set of weapons in the ring at the start of the match
w43oD2A.gif

Music has been injected and relisted
cKGWHZL.gif

Portraits are in
HkmDbvi.gif

Team 'Backlash':

Dbs64

Homeyohmy

@retrorandyprice (randymanfoo)

Tyler Black

Wolfpac_69

randymanfoo

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
Here's a preview of the Last Man Standing Feature

[font]
TA62Nr6.gif
[/font]

randymanfoo

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
Here's a handful of faces already injected into the ROM

B

Blazeabove

Crowd Member
This looks amazing! Great job so far guys! :) Will it be released in WIP form any time soon? :)

bluntfello

Main Eventer
Reaction score
The latest WWE2K game is pure crap. This and other No Mercy game saves are wrestlings only hope.

IGA

Young Lion
Reaction score
So. as indicated here  - it need cheat file, lets why it cannot be played at orignal hardware.... And i  want to know  for what emulator this cheat file will be? ( maybe could do 2 different cheat files - one for pj64, another  - for Muppen - to get a chance run it on Android  ???? :skeptical: )

KWG

Promoter
Staff member
Reaction score
This project is on-hold, as far as I know.

randymanfoo

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
This project has been put on hold. I’ve started a few other projects in the meantime.

For backlash to stand far above No Mercy, it will require many gameshark codes. This isn’t an issue. I’ve just become much more interested in projects that are fully ROM hacked. Which means, no gameshark codes needed.

I’m currently working on “WCW Starrcade” a fully rom hacked mod of no mercy based on 1999, a year after revenge. This will be similar to “Feel the Bang”, which I had a large part in creating.

I haven’t posted anything about this, because I’m unsure I’ll even release it to the public due to the definite possibility that it will be written to carts and sold without my permission.