WWF Legends 2.1

Orson

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
Ah, the feud that didn't happen. Rumours suggest that Hogan had concerns about Jake's growing popularity.

Mr.Perfect1985

Young Lion
Reaction score
Hi, I just joined this forum. I'd like very much to play this game but I didn't understand how to do. Could somebody explain me? Thanks in advance.

Orson

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
So, it's a modification of WWF No Mercy, ran using an emulator.

If you download the help folder, it contains all the information needed to set it up and hopefully get it running.
If you are new to this kind of thing, it can be tricky and sometimes complicated, so some patience might be required.

As an extra note, this is an early version, so there are still unfinished elements and you might also come across the odd issue while playing.

Mr.Perfect1985

Young Lion
Reaction score
Orson said:
So, it's a modification of WWF No Mercy, ran using an emulator.

If you download the help folder, it contains all the information needed to set it up and hopefully get it running.
If you are new to this kind of thing, it can be tricky and sometimes complicated, so some patience might be required.

As an extra note, this is an early version, so there are still unfinished elements and you might also come across the odd issue while playing.

Is it possible to play it with the lastest project64?

Orson

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
If you know how to set it up, yes.

I suggest getting a vanilla WWF No Mercy running on the latest Project 64, test that it runs ok and then import Legends into it.

Mr.Perfect1985

Young Lion
Reaction score
What do you mean with "a vanilla WWF No Mercy"?I managed to get the mod to work and now there is no music. Do I have to follow "Music tool instructions"?

WHat is the "updated cheat file + save" and how do I put in the game? Thank you for your availability.

Orson

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
By vanilla, I mean just a clean WWF No Mercy with no mods or anything else installed, but it looks like you're ahead of this and don't need to do bother.

Yes, for the Music, you need to follow the Music Tool instructions. This can be tricky.

The updated cheat file + save are updates from the 2.1 release.
You can see where to put them by checking the diagrams in the Help Folder.
Just replace the existing files with the updated ones.

It's best to keep copies of the files you replace in case things go wonky.

Mr.Perfect1985

Young Lion
Reaction score
Hi, I put the music in the game. A question: have I to repeat whole the procedure every time that I run the emulator o is it possible to have the music in automatic?

Orson

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
Naming your mp3s as in Part 5 shouldn't need changing every time.

Some people have to repeat up to Part 4 if the offset changes. This is usually for Windows 7 users.
Windows 10 appears to retain the offset and therefore the procedure doesn't need to be repeated. However, I can't be sure if it's the case for everyone.

Mr.Perfect1985

Young Lion
Reaction score
Orson said:
Naming your mp3s as in Part 5 shouldn't need changing every time.

Some people have to repeat up to Part 4 if the offset changes. This is usually for Windows 7 users.
Windows 10 appears to retain the offset and therefore the procedure doesn't need to be repeated. However, I can't be sure if it's the case for everyone.

I have windows 10 and I have had to change the offset. In the part 1 where it says: "Also the following code must ... all times", have I to do something?

Orson

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
If you are using WWF Legends, the code should already be included.

To check, see if you have a cheat listed as LEGENDS\Sound\Interface/Music Tool

If it's not there, you might be using the wrong cheat file, or you can use right mouse button to add it as a new cheat.

Orson

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
Are you having trouble getting the music tool to work?

kingcapewell

Young Lion
Reaction score
Appreciate if anybody can help me here. I'm trying to get WWF Legends to open but whenever I click the ROM it states 'Attempt to open file failed.' I've downloaded the Base game have put all the correct files and folders as instructed on the screens and help files, checked my Project64 settings to match the settings suggested but no joy. Note I've tried using this on a Windows 10 PC and other roms will not seem to load with Project 1.6 either.

Also I have downloaded the newer version of Project 64 (2.3.2) and the exact same ROM does seem to load up fine but I'm not sure how to apply the Legends pack and textures on the newer version. Is there anyway I can get this to work with Project 1.6 on my Windows 10 device or any instructions on how to setup with a newer version of Project 64.

Any help is gratefully appreciated.

Orson

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
Check to make sure that the ROM directory is pointing to the location on your computer: -

File / Choose ROM Directory

Also, check that the directory paths aren't set to something different to the setup on your computer: -

Options / Settings / Directories

These are settings that we can't determine as people keep different setups on different computers.

Denny316

Young Lion
Reaction score
Heya, ok so I was playing this mod earlier and the music was working perfect, and I am on windows 10 so the offset should never change, but every time after that 1st startup the tool just doesn't work anymore, it always says wrong offset, but I always come up with the same numbers with the calculator so I never have to change the numbers not sure what's goin on with is, everything else works perfect so...

Orson

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
Check that there are no more than one instance of Project 64 (or the Music tool) running at any one time.
Within Task Manager (Ctrl / Alt / Delete).

Occasionally when closing them down, Project64 likes to hang on, causing the Music Tool some confusion.

I'll have a think about other possibilities that might be causing your issue.

Denny316

Young Lion
Reaction score
Lol well that was it, TY that was so confusing. also does the championship mode work yet?

Mr.Perfect1985

Young Lion
Reaction score
Orson said:
If you are using WWF Legends, the code should already be included.

To check, see if you have a cheat listed as LEGENDS\Sound\Interface/Music Tool

If it's not there, you might be using the wrong cheat file, or you can use right mouse button to add it as a new cheat.

Orson said:
Are you having trouble getting the music tool to work?
Solved everything thanks.

Orson

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
Denny316 said:
Lol well that was it, TY that was so confusing. also does the championship mode work yet?

Not in this version, no. 
We are looking into implementing it into the next release.