Tired
Legend
- Joined
- Feb 7, 2011
- Messages
- 4,768
- Reaction score
- 0
Over the last few days, TNA has been revealing new re-signings in a stage by stage basis. And we now maybe have the reason why.
For the last 2 years, TNA has been trying to recover from the financial black hole of keeping 2 members of the Hogan family and close friends on the pay roll. One method has involved asking all stars to take paycuts, and giving TNA the option to use them less. Some stars have been told that they may not be offered a new contract if they didn't accept the new arrangement. As a result, TNA has lost a lot of major names due to underpayment.
With all of the big names that have left, TNA are trying to repair their image by showing that some guys are willing to stay. This is part of the reason for TNA publically announcing each time a wrestler signs a new multi-year deal. Also, the announces may increase traffic on their social media accounts and their website. They can use this to gauge which stars are actually helping draw money or not.
The third reason is to undermime the threat from Global Force Wrestling. GFW is the new company being created by TNA co-founder Jeff Jarrett. Jarrett has been single-handedly responsible for TNA's deals with Wrestle-1 in Japan, the AAA in Mexico, and founding Ring Ka King in India. He also has a lot of very important assosiates within the industry and currently within the TNA roster. It is also believed that Jarrett's partners also have a higher budget than TNA does. So Jarrett has a great chance of building a huge starting roster for his company.
By announcing that they have big names locked into deals, TNA are effectively telling the world that they do not consider Jarrett's new company to be competition. It is known that Jarrett has been talking to Mickie James, Jay Lethal and other former TNA talent.
So far, TNA have only announced that James Storm, Gunner and Robbie E have signed new deals. More names will be announced soon. Many are expecting Kurt Angle to be the 'surprise' signee.
For the last 2 years, TNA has been trying to recover from the financial black hole of keeping 2 members of the Hogan family and close friends on the pay roll. One method has involved asking all stars to take paycuts, and giving TNA the option to use them less. Some stars have been told that they may not be offered a new contract if they didn't accept the new arrangement. As a result, TNA has lost a lot of major names due to underpayment.
With all of the big names that have left, TNA are trying to repair their image by showing that some guys are willing to stay. This is part of the reason for TNA publically announcing each time a wrestler signs a new multi-year deal. Also, the announces may increase traffic on their social media accounts and their website. They can use this to gauge which stars are actually helping draw money or not.
The third reason is to undermime the threat from Global Force Wrestling. GFW is the new company being created by TNA co-founder Jeff Jarrett. Jarrett has been single-handedly responsible for TNA's deals with Wrestle-1 in Japan, the AAA in Mexico, and founding Ring Ka King in India. He also has a lot of very important assosiates within the industry and currently within the TNA roster. It is also believed that Jarrett's partners also have a higher budget than TNA does. So Jarrett has a great chance of building a huge starting roster for his company.
By announcing that they have big names locked into deals, TNA are effectively telling the world that they do not consider Jarrett's new company to be competition. It is known that Jarrett has been talking to Mickie James, Jay Lethal and other former TNA talent.
So far, TNA have only announced that James Storm, Gunner and Robbie E have signed new deals. More names will be announced soon. Many are expecting Kurt Angle to be the 'surprise' signee.