BREAKING: Another TNA title holder badly injured

Tired

Legend
Reaction score
News is currently breaking that TNA Tag Team Champion Jeff Hardy has suffered a broken leg.

Dixie Carter announced over Twitter that Hardy was injured in a dirt bike accident. She promised to give an update when more details become available.

Jeff recently won the TNA Tag Team Championship with his brother and long-time Tag Team partner Matt. This is the very first time in which he has won this title. It also makes the Hardyz only the second tag team to have held the WWE, WCW and TNA Tag Team Championships. However, it should be noted that the Hardyz and Team 3D won the WCW Tag Team championships in 2011 after WCW closed down and the titles were under WWE control.

The titles had previously been vacated after Eddie Edwards broke his ankle. Edwards attempted a suicide dive during a One Night Only taping, and struck his ankle against the concrete floor. This match will be shown later in the year. There is no word yet on if the Hardyz will be made to surrender the titles, but it is safe to assume that Jeff would not be medically cleared to compete. It should be expected that they will lose the titles because Matt is currently scheduled to represent TNA in Mexico.

Earlier this year, TNA wrote a stunt in which Jeff Hardy was seemingly sidelined for several months. During the Lockdown match, Hardy fell from the top of the cage door and then onto the steel steps. This was purely story line to excuse Jeff from television for several weeks. Due to Jeff's legal troubles in the past, he is not permitted to leave the United States. This meant that he could not make the UK tour where multiple episodes of Impact were being taped.

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
The dude is indestructible as long as he isn't on a damn dirt bike.

stylesismilo

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Matt and Eddie Edwards co-share the titles will be a good storyline.

Tired

Legend
Reaction score
stylesismilo said:
Matt and Eddie Edwards co-share the titles will be a good storyline.
You mean Davey Richards, don't you? Eddie is the one who is injured.

If that is the case, that actually sits well with me. It allows both sides to continue their feud with James Storm's Revolution.

stylesismilo

Main Eventer
Reaction score
OH. I kept thinking it was Davey that was injured.

Yeah, it makes more sense because technically both teams did not lose their title. Why not move the story to the point where they co-share the titles?

Tired

Legend
Reaction score
I understand the confusion, because Davey did have a similar injury late last year and worked through it. His was not nearly as serious as Eddie's is.

The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that you have a good idea. I reckon Matt and Davey would have great chemistry. Then when Jeff or Eddie came back, it could set up a rivalry between the two teams.