Bully Ray Says He's Not A Babyface, Talks Working With Hulk Hogan

nadimmania

Legend
Reaction score
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd> </dd></dl><div>
ymv5o7wgogg4zg77gsjb.jpeg

The Sun has an interview with Bully Ray, who discussed being a babyface, working with Hulk Hogan and more. Here are some highlights:

Being a babyface: "You guys in the press like to use words like heel, babyface, good guy and bad guy. I'm not a heel and I'm not a babyface. I'm not a good guy and I'm not a bad guy. I'm me. Whatever me is at the time is what I am. The difference between me and everyone else is that if you like me, you really, really, really like me. You love me. But if you hate me, you despise me. I guess that's a win-win for everybody.

"You've never seen me change who I am out there in that wrestling ring. I don't wrestle differently, I don't talk differently. I don't beg the people for approval and I don't beg them to hate me. I just am who I am. They can make the decisions."

Working with Hulk Hogan: "I have done so much and been in the ring with so many of the greats. However, when you grow up in New York City, and you were force-fed WWF for as long as I did, and you remember the first day Hulk Hogan showed up on your television set. You remember HulkaMania happening and evolving in your back yard. Hulk Hogan paved the way for everybody. There's a respect level that comes with working with Hulk Hogan. He's The Beatles of our business.

"I don't care if you think he's not the 'greatest pro wrestler' in the world. Who gives a s*** if he can't reverse an armbar? You didn't pay money to see Hulk Hogan reverse armbars or do arm drags. You paid to be entertained by him, to see him Hulk up, do a big boot and a legdrop."[/quote]

kevan1700

Upper Midcard
Reaction score
not the biggest fan of bubba/bully ray but i do like what hes doing with the whole kayfabe thing.

AKI Man

Legend
Reaction score
Website
s4.zetaboards.com
I will give much credit to TNA for actually giving this guy a big push and letting him actually be the person on TV that he is in real life, a...............ASSHOLE! He is not being either a babyface or heel. He is just defending his skank of a wife Brooke and any man would do that.

He should get a run with the TNA title IMO. His in-ring work has always been routine, never a letdown and have you guys seen the size of his guns recently? At 40 years old, this is his last chance, and do not be surprised if he his TNA champ within the year.