Cancelled games

baal666

Main Eventer
Reaction score
I saw some screenshots of highlander and it looked promising, the idea of developping the story through time with levels from Antic Pompei to nowdays New York would have brought a good variety of environments, too bad it won't be done.

About pirates of the carribean i never heard of it before.

LMNO cancelled late 2009

In 2005 EA announced a partnership with Steven Spielberg for 3 games, one of them was LMNO.
The game was supposed to be an action/adventure played in first person where you play as a secret agent who must protect a getaway alien named Eve.
The gameplay would have been a lot about interactions with other characters and include some Parkour.
The adventure would have been short, 2-3 hours, but with a big replayability and multiple endings.
In 2008 EA got hit by the crisis and had to fire most of the employees working on LMNO, only about 10 people were still working on this project, renamed The Escape Artist, featuring more action and played in 3rd person, it would have been "EA's Uncharted" hoping it would be better received by the gamers.
In late 2009 the project is put on hold and in October 2010 LMNO is officially cancelled

<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Picture</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">
lmno-eve-1up-110210.jpg

</div>

TheDarthFoundation

Main Eventer
Reaction score
It's KWG's fault. I though it was to be released on all platforms, lol.
EXPLANATIONS, MANG.

KWG

Promoter
Staff member
Reaction score
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>TSF.</dt><dd>Oct 15 2013, 03:13:41 PM</dd></dl><div>It's KWG's fault. I though it was to be released on all platforms, lol.
EXPLANATIONS, MANG.[/quote]It was SUPPOSED to be released on all platforms. :eek:k

Raccoon

Young Lion
Reaction score
The one that fascinates me the most is Conker Twelve Tales. It was cancelled near it's completion and only ONE copy exists to this day. The guy who owns it is planning on dumping the ROM for it eventually.

<iframe type='text/html' width='250' height='250' src='
' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen=''></iframe>

baal666

Main Eventer
Reaction score
I only played the Conker on gameboy when i was a kid, i've read that the n64 game was rated M but never gave it a shot. If i had that one copy, i would dump the rom, sell the copy for a lot of money and then release the rom for free just to piss off the guy who bought it.

The Crossing Not officially cancelled but might never come out

The game was developped by Arkane Studios (who made Arx Fatalis and Dark Messiah). It was announced in 2006, the action takes place in a nowadays world where Templars still exist, another asset of the game was to get rid of the IA, you play a solo campain where other players are controlling ennemies.
In 2009, Arkane is having financial issues and announce that the game development is on stand by, the company doesn't have it's own project and is helping on other games such as CoD world at war and Bioshock 2 to make money.
In 2010 Arkane is acquired by ZeniMax, now having money Arkane studios began to work on Dishonored later that year.
We haven't heard about The Crossing since 2009 so i guess it was cancelled.

KWG

Promoter
Staff member
Reaction score
baal666 said:
I only played the Conker on gameboy when i was a kid, i've read that the n64 game was rated M but never gave it a shot. If i had that one copy, i would dump the rom, sell the copy for a lot of money and then release the rom for free just to piss off the guy who bought it.

The Crossing Not officially cancelled but might never come out

The game was developped by Arkane Studios (who made Arx Fatalis and Dark Messiah). It was announced in 2006, the action takes place in a nowadays world where Templars still exist, another asset of the game was to get rid of the IA, you play a solo campain where other players are controlling ennemies.
In 2009, Arkane is having financial issues and announce that the game development is on stand by, the company doesn't have it's own project and is helping on other games such as CoD world at war and Bioshock 2 to make money.
In 2010 Arkane is acquired by ZeniMax, now having money Arkane studios began to work on Dishonored later that year.
We haven't heard about The Crossing since 2009 so i guess it was cancelled.
"A recent interview with Arkane Studios mentioned that The Crossing was cancelled for Arkane to work on Electronic Arts's LMNO project featuring Steven Spielberg."

http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012...-bethesda-origin-crossing-deus-ex-arx-fatalis

Raccoon

Young Lion
Reaction score
baal666 said:
The guy who got the cart got it for free even. The developer who had it gave it to him because he was a collector.

I'm a collector.
Where the hell is my free Conker development cart.
:wall:

Reaction score
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>TSF.</dt><dd>Oct 14 2013, 03:39:32 PM</dd></dl><div>
Wrestlemaniac258 said:
Quoting limited to 2 levels deepWWE Wrestlefest (All Platforms except iOS and Android)
Are you serious? This is in the CANCELLED GAMES thread, how would it be released? Also, it said all platforms EXCEPT iOS and Android, lol.
lol.
[/quote] :sgctc:
I know it's the Cancelled games thread...I even posted information about a cancelled game didn't u see? ^o) I just wanted the Google play store link of the Android version of the game because KWG said it was only released on iOS & Android (it got cancelled on all the other platforms EXPCEPT iOS & Android)..& u thought I was being stupid & asking for a cancelled game :cbv2: ....anyways,misunderstandings happen bro....Peace :B-)

BTW:- For those who are not familiar with the Android platform..Google Play Store is the official App Store & sharing the Play Store link for an app is completely legal :hi

<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd> </dd></dl><div>Not sure Wrestlemaniac258,It's written in Wikipedia that it was released in December 2012.[/quote]

Ah,I see thanks for the reply bro :eek:k

Now, back on topic:-

<big><big>Call of Duty: Devil's Brigade</big></big>

Call of Duty: Devil's Brigade was a cancelled third-person shooter for the Xbox 360, PS3 and PC developed by Underground Development. The game was set in World War II, focusing on Italy. In the game, the D-Pad was used to direct orders to the player's squad. These commands were: Assault, Barrage, Hold the line, and Form Up. One screen also showed the player giving a squad member the order to stealth kill an enemy soldier.

Source:- http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Call_of_Duty:_Devil's_Brigade

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
Raccoon said:
The one that fascinates me the most is Conker Twelve Tales. It was cancelled near it's completion and only ONE copy exists to this day. The guy who owns it is planning on dumping the ROM for it eventually.

Never heard of this, as a Conker fanatic I really hope he dumps the rom.

baal666

Main Eventer
Reaction score
The Avengers cancelled in 2011 i guess

Made by THQ, it was going to be a fighting FPS game with RPG elements and include a multiplayer mode.
Playable characters would have included the movie characters, rumors added Nick Fury and Vision to the list of the playable characters.
The story would have been completely different from the movie's one and include Skrull enemies who have absorbed half of the universe.
Artworks show Spider Woman becoming a Skrull and the presence of Ultron.
The project was stopped and since then, the rights for an Avengers videogame went back to Marvel

Note : i had difficulties to find informations about the game so if you find more about this one, complete me.

<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Pictures</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">
jeremyloveavengersconcepts18.jpeg

jeremyloveavengersconcepts9.jpeg

jeremyloveavengersconcepts8.jpeg

jeremyloveavengersconcepts22.jpeg
</div>

<iframe type='text/html' width='500' height='350' src='

Raccoon

Young Lion
Reaction score
CBV said:
Raccoon said:

Never heard of this, as a Conker fanatic I really hope he dumps the rom.
He did a kickstarter so he could afford to dump it and I'm pretty sure he reached the goal, so expect it to leak out sometime soon.

baal666

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Dark prophecy and Dead Sun weren't the only cancelledLoK games, actually there 10 Legacy of Kain games were cancelled. Some were just cancelled on a console to be on another, some were used as bases for the released games we know.
I won't put details or pictures here as it would be too long, i saw the information on the topic linked at the end of this post, it contains many informations and artworks.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=594576
Bump, this is another game i would've liked to see, at least before the buddy cop idea.

Darth Maul

In 2010, Red Fly (the Force Unleashed 2 Wii) were on a Darth Maul game that was supposed to be released on PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U, and PC. Lucas got invovlved and "According to Game Informer, Lucas wanted a 'buddy cop-like experience' with Darth Maul and Darth Talon — a Sith Lady separated by more than 170 years of Star Wars fiction from Maul — teaming up as friends. Red Fly tried to make that new direction work, figuring out gameplay mechanics to satisfy LucasArts' suggestions."

The game got cancelled in late June 2011.

Sources : http://geektyrant.com/news/damn-you-george-lucas-canceled-darth-maul-game-footage

http://www.polygon.com/2014/4/8/559...eled-darth-maul-game-star-wars-red-fly-studio

<iframe type='text/html' width='500' height='350' src='

Warrior

Upper Midcard
Reaction score
Hmm did that Superman game by Rocksteady get cancelled? Sad business if it did..