Chavo Guerrero Calls WWE Wrestling 'So Bad,' Takes Shot At Cena And Talks Career Without Eddie

Status
Not open for further replies.

nadimmania

Legend
Reaction score
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd> </dd></dl><div>
chavo.jpg

FOX News Latino has an interview with Chavo Guerrero. Here are a couple of highlights from the interview:

His career without Eddie: "I had another three tag team championships runs and an ECW Championship. It's awesome. The very last year [in the WWE] left a lot to be desired, you're off TV and all of a sudden they start giving you this little program, you kinda make the most of them and make the best of them. They say the average life of a professional wrestler's about four and a half years. I've been doing it 18."

How long he plans to keep wrestling, and WWE wrestling being "bad": "In the wrestling business, you know, you really don't know what you're doing 'til about seven, eight years in. You look back to the way wrestling used to be — you didn't even make it to the big time until you were ten years in minimum. Now you're in the business for six months or a year and they come in the ring and they're getting shots at big time. And if you see the wrestling , especially at the other place, you can tell. I won't even watch that program because it's bad. The wrestling is so bad.

"If he can't wrestle, then he can't wrestle, you know? Very, very few and far between do we get a Triple H or a Rey Mysterio, a Randy Orton. That doesn't happen too much anymore. It's very few and far between. You can tell who's making John Cena look good."[/quote]

kevan1700

Upper Midcard
Reaction score
chavo was one of those guys who could probably outwrestle the whole roster during his tenure, (he whose name shall not be spoken, angle, and his uncle eddie notwithstanding) but just didnt have the mouthpiece/charisma to make it to that next level. if it was based on pure skill level. he couldve easily been one of their top guys. so its gotta be frustrating to see cena (who has limited mat skill) be their WRESTLING CHAMPION OVER 10 TIMES when he doesnt really wrestle

wwefan4life2

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Chavo is a bitter man who never drew a dime who has been riding his uncles coat tales for years. Cena does actually wrestle, but he uses a brawler/power style. Cena can wrestle despite what idiots on the internet think.

This is a guy who carried Khali to a good match. His characters sucks, that is his only problem.. While a lot of fans hate on him, a lot of his peers respect him. Bully Ray said Cena was a total pro, Chris Jericho said Cena's match against HBK in 2007 made him want to come back to WWE. The guy is a future Hall of Famer. Like him or hate him, he gets a reaction and that is what matters. The worst thing that can happen during a match is people being quiet.

Just because he is not a technical wrestler, doesn't mean he cannot wrestle. Seriously, people whining about Cena is getting very old.

kevan1700

Upper Midcard
Reaction score
wwefan4life2 said:
Chavo is a bitter man who never drew a dime who has been riding his uncles coat tales for years. Cena does actually wrestle, but he uses a brawler/power style. Cena can wrestle despite what idiots on the internet think.

This is a guy who carried Khali to a good match. His characters sucks, that is his only problem.. While a lot of fans hate on him, a lot of his peers respect him. Bully Ray said Cena was a total pro, Chris Jericho said Cena's match against HBK in 2007 made him want to come back to WWE. The guy is a future Hall of Famer. Like him or hate him, he gets a reaction and that is what matters. The worst thing that can happen during a match is people being quiet.

Just because he is not a technical wrestler, doesn't mean he cannot wrestle. Seriously, people whining about Cena is getting very old.
i didnt say that cena couldnt wrestle at all. i meant on a purely technical standpoint cena is limited. and what he is allowed to do is limited as well. there have been matches where i was pleasantly surprised by his abilities. i know cena is a "brawler" just like austin before him and hogan before that. but the top wrestling company in the world went for a long time without a lot of "superstars" that could get in the ring and go.

by no means am i agreeing with everything chavo said because he DOES bitch. i dont have anything against cena. im just saying chavo might have a small point. that isnt cenas fault but cena is the example that chavo gave so thats what i went on.

wwefan4life2

Main Eventer
Reaction score
I was more referring to what Chavo said, sorry if it came across like I was attacking you.

AKI Man

Legend
Reaction score
Website
s4.zetaboards.com
As much as I loath Cena, I respect him. For 10+ years he has carried the company on his back. From doing shit WWE movies, Charity work, promoting the brand across the globe, commercials, he has not stopped since he became a big player in the WWE. How many Wrestlemania's has he been in the main event or at the very least last 2 matches on the card for the past 8 years? Pretty much every one.

He will be a HOF, no doubt and deserves it. He can wrestle, but his character is based not on skill but a brawler who never gives up.

kevan1700

Upper Midcard
Reaction score
wwefan4life2 said:
I was more referring to what Chavo said, sorry if it came across like I was attacking you.
it kiiiiiinda did. lol its all good.

hackeagle

Young Lion
Reaction score
They treated him bet in 2009, all this storyline with hornswoggle was a shame.

agent47

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
I agree with Chavo. Wrestling is bad in wwe. I don't remember any wwe matches that can match NJPW, AJPW, NOAH etc. Submission moves don't have much value in wwe, matches are predictable, and most matches are very short.

KG 24

Main Eventer
Reaction score
agent47 said:
I agree with Chavo. Wrestling is bad in wwe. I don't remember any wwe matches that can match NJPW, AJPW, NOAH etc. Submission moves don't have much value in wwe, matches are predictable, and most matches are very short.
Maybe because WWE wrestling and NOAH, NJPW, AJPW wresting are different considering they're from different sides of the world. I mean, WWE isn't supposed to be Purp, and yes the matches are shorter, but that's because TV matches are supposed to be short, and there are times where the matches do last longer. WWE is faster paced, Puro is slower. And yes, there are matches that can match AJPW, NJPW, AND NOAH. You must not be looking that hard.

And the only reason matches are so predictable are because people read about "who is feuding with who" all the time and then when it happens "Oh I knew it was gonna happen". For WWE fans, it either sucks because it's predictable or because it's unpredictable.

Plus, no offence, but if you're going to listen to Chavo, that's your own fault.

TheDoctor

Legend
Reaction score
Wasn't it stated earlier not to bump TOPICS , but people keep doing it.....

CLOSED.

Status
Not open for further replies.