[Closed] [PS2] How to replace selection screen pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikethebike

Legend
Reaction score
Anyone know if updating header of MENU.PAC is mandatory or not?

nikethebike

Legend
Reaction score
OrKAdoS said:
SSFA=SF2A= Are the ones that are shown where you can select arena, match options, etc
SSFB=SF2B= Are the ones that are shown in the match selection menu
SSFC=SF2D= Are the ones that apeear in creation menus(story, entrances, etc)
SSFD= Are the small ones that are shown at the match selection menu(Only at SvR 11)
For 2006 images my suggestion is to use:
2010 SSFA = 2006 SF2B - Not so good really but best option.
2010 SSFB = 2006 SF2B
2010 SSFC = 2006 SF2D

thunderbolt

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
nikethebike, Tell me please, can I add an pics to an alternative attire (SVR 2010 PS2)?

mdxsilver

Midcard
Reaction score
nikethebike said:
Anyone know if updating header of MENU.PAC is mandatory or not?
all you have to do is change the xxyy in the arc file

Tired

Legend
Reaction score
LoganGabe said:
nikethebike, Tell me please, can I add an pics to an alternative attire (SVR 2010 PS2)?
No, you can't.

nikethebike

Legend
Reaction score
Yes you can! :D

I just figured it out last night by some hex inspection.

The game has some strange issues on how it indexes the data I suppose, different in different sections (char models, char images for example).
It's explained a little in my editor topic how these images are indexed in the ARC.

Also I'm pretty sure the ARC file is just meant to be an index to speed up finding data in the game. Instead of loading the header of each file when it needs data the game uses the index from plistps2.arc which it always holds in memory for quick access (probably why there is a size limit on the file). What we are doing when editing the arc is just repointing the index. We are actually making corrupt data when we don't update the file headers but when the game does not use the headers anyway it doesn't matter. But I'm sure the developers generates the arc index file from the actual files some way and can run the game in "development mode" when data is not taken from the index file but directly from the actual files.

S

stu_anderson

Crowd Member
Is there any way anyone can re-upload the selection pics? The multiupload link seems to be down.

zhigge

Midcard
Reaction score
I have them already and will post but i need to know if the 0000mtp2 files need to be converted to another format. I'm using roster editor 20 and i've tried to add them to my game and they don't show up? once i am sure these are correct i will zip and post on a site for others to use.

thunderbolt

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
zhigge said:
I have them already and will post but i need to know if the 0000mtp2 files need to be converted to another format. I'm using roster editor 20 and i've tried to add them to my game and they don't show up? once i am sure these are correct i will zip and post on a site for others to use.
PS2 or PSP?

thunderbolt

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
Yes, it would be nice ... Unfortunately there is not a program that would have opened this format ..........

Ap3xPr3dator

Young Lion
Reaction score
exist a easy way... because i have so much error whit this tutorial...
i`m bad for the MATHS...
:)

OrKAdoS

Legend
Reaction score
use nike import selection pic tool, or HARDX36 converter

Status
Not open for further replies.