[Closed] SD2 Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

di_miro

Young Lion
Reaction score
I used a tool called VGMToolbox to extract, but it doesn't have an import option. Good luck with your search! I spend several days searching. Please let me know if you find something.

di_miro

Young Lion
Reaction score
Guys, thanks to Kendrick's recent discovery, yesterday I finished changing the aftermatch sounds in Rick's mod. The only problem I had was that there are actually less songs than wrestlers because some wrestlers have common songs(teams, officials and hall-of-famers) For example, Rick have replaced Bradshaw with Wade Barrett and Farooq with Ezekiel Jackson but there's only one winning sound for them. I used 2 universal sounds in these cases - the SM song and a commentary cut from a real match. I also changed the background sounds played in the season when the list of matches in the SM and RAW events are displayed. The background sound on the "Press start" screen too.

I made a demo to show the results:
<iframe type='text/html' width='400' height='400' src='http://i47.vbox7.com/player/ext.swf?vid=fe322855c1' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen=''></iframe>

<big>Big thanks to Rick and Kendrick!!!</big>

WCW Rick

Midcard
Reaction score
this is amazing bro great work thanks for the credit and thanks for sharing mate great work

KendrickSD2

Opener
Reaction score
Hi, thank miro. I've fixed this with a hex editor every fighter is mapped with your entrance music winner, I'll post my full XA.pac and You will review your order are as good without editing a fighter again. I make about the DLC 4. i upload my XA.pac full fixed today

di_miro

Young Lion
Reaction score
KendrickSD2 said:
Hi, thank miro. I've fixed this with a hex editor every fighter is mapped with your entrance music winner, I'll post my full XA.pac and You will review your order are as good without editing a fighter again. I make about the DLC 4. i upload my XA.pac full fixed today
Thanks a lot Kendrick! I'm downloading it now.

I have another enigma you may be able to solve: Changing the Main menu background theme. Obviously this sound it's not in XA.PAC file, because even with a blank XA.PAC it still plays. It should be elsewhere in the image, but I couldn't find it.

NMCM

Upper Midcard
Reaction score
Its amazing to see the progress you guys are making with audio modifications. I'm looking forward to future projects and new modding capabilities. I'll start modding if they had away to import, export, and modify the model images in the game. That's one of my biggest necessities. Great work Kendrick, Miro, and Rick. You make this fellow SD2 modder proud :)

KendrickSD2

Opener
Reaction score
Thank NMCM, we do what we can, and be nice to edit the textures moddel game with this mod can edit with best quality posible

ruisu25

Young Lion
Reaction score
ta bueno lo de meter nuevos audios

kendrick cual fuè el programa q consiguiò para importarle audios al xa file?

ademàs, el xa converter solo me muestra 7 audios q creo q son de la season y de la mùsica de pelea

no encuento ni los de la intro ni los de las entrances :(

ruisu25

Young Lion
Reaction score
sorry undertaker fan

but, I am speaking with kendrick not with you

di_miro

Young Lion
Reaction score
ruisu25 said:
sorry undertaker fan

No need to be rude.

Check the 1st post. It's updated. You'll find the answer of your question there.

ruisu25

Young Lion
Reaction score
di_miro said:
ruisu25 said:
sorry undertaker fan

No need to be rude.

Check the 1st post. It's updated. You'll find the answer of your question there.
thanks di_miro

but i don`t understand

i have the xa converter but that program detect only 7 songs and aren`t of the wrestlers

i look the map but i don`t understand

how reemplace the wrestler's entrance music?

please you or kendrick make a video

Very Thanks

di_miro

Young Lion
Reaction score
I explained that in 1st post:
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>di_miro</dt><dd> </dd></dl><div>
It will find only 8 sounds. Select FileSearch and it will load all the background sounds in the game. From options you can listen or replace them with .wav files. Wav files you make should be 16bit and mono or stereo depending of the one you're replacing.
[/quote]

SirebralHhH

Young Lion
Reaction score
di_miro said:
I hope that here we could share our experience in altering SD2 media files.

1st of all, about the background music, which, as it seems, no one succeeded to change. Using a PSX media decoder(jPSXdec) I found that there are some audio files, packed in the XA.PAC (Screen). From the 34 files that the media decoder could load, the first 13 are the menu songs, and sounds from the season cut-scenes. The last 3(which are mono sounds) are voices, so only 18 out 34 detected are actually what I am looking for, but obviously these are not all of them. I think that all of them are packed in the XA.PAC, but we have a similar problem as with the text in the game - compression. When the jPSXdec scans the XA.PAC it loads 34 audios, but also signals some warnings:
[WARN] Sector 70715 Channel Number corrupted: 54 (bad) == 54 (bad)
[WARN] Sector 70723 Channel Number corrupted: 54 (bad) == 54 (bad)
[WARN] Sector 70731 Channel Number corrupted: 54 (bad) == 54 (bad)
[WARN] Sector 70739 Channel Number corrupted: 54 (bad) == 54 (bad)
[WARN] Sector 70747 Channel Number corrupted: 54 (bad) == 54 (bad)
ect.

My explanation is that the other ones are differently compressed and I need a different application to access them.(Of course, I can not be sure of that - it's just a guess)
Also I need a program, capable to modify the XA.PAC file as the one I used, apart from not loading all the audio, can't add files to the .PAC file. Also, even if I could see all the files, a audio converter capable to convert common audio into XA audio would have been needed in order to do replacements for the original ones.

So, I'll be happy if others share their experience in that matter too - maybe together we'll figure it out.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE: Background sounds are figured out by Kendrick.

That's the tool - http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/894/ Open XA.pac despite it's not a .xa file. It will find only 8 sounds. Select FileSearch and it will load all the background sounds in the game. From options you can listen or replace them with .wav files. Wav files you make should be 16bit and mono or stereo depending of the one you're replacing. It's pretty easy. We must be very thankful to Kendrick!

Thanks to Kendrick again - the background sounds mapping:
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd> </dd></dl><div>here: imagen tutorial to map wrestler entrance music http://www.mediafire.com/view/?myfiles#2fakqi66sa26z2x

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[/quote]Hi any chance could get a fresh link to how to match entrance music and match wining music?

Thanks, just getting into this, and this site is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.