[Closed] SVR2006 hacking...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tired

Legend
Reaction score
Why would 06 have a high and low resolution version of each model? The lower resolution ones are for matches, and the higher for entrances and cut scenes.

Play through season mode and you can see the differences for yourself.

nikethebike

Legend
Reaction score
I think I'm lost in what this discussion has turned into...

That's just like it is for the later versions.
It has high res entrance/cut scene models and low res match models.

What are we discussing? :D

Pfr Chaos

Young Lion
Reaction score
RagNaRoc said:
80las said:
Great progress Nike, this will be great even if replacing only existing characters is possible.
There are several characters i would like to replace with legends :)

Using SVR06 for mods will be so much better than SVR10, more moves, better gameplay, old wwf arena, and no need for selection pics (since it used the much better system of showing the 3D models)!
Nike's method should work.

There are two no models slots and several duplicate npc slots.

Using Andy's tutorial, adding characters will be easy. And there is a lot of cheat codes available to help us.
http://www.code-x.ws/code/show06.php?g=7&id=488

There's actually 15 slots.

Super_Luigi

Young Lion
Reaction score
Nike, could you please elaborate on exactly which bytes you changed (in the Triple H slot header?) to have the Rock model and textures load? Assuming that change was made in CH.pac in the offset section you found...?

Also I've been messing around with SVR06 the last couple days since you posted this. Has anyone actually been able to texture edit an existing wrestler in SVR06 yet?

That is what I was looking into the most thus far. Where I'm stuck, using Rock's face as an example:
CH.PAC ch.pac.1.PAC 09.bpe (75KB) 09.pac (95KB) ro_face.txc ro_face.tm2 (do editing)

THEN TO PUT BACK IN

ro_face.tm2 ro_face.txc 09.pac (95KB) can't go any further

Now the way I understand it, because of the header system you described vs the system the newer SVR games use, you can't just reinject the uncompressed .pac files back into the larger .pacs because the file size is larger which will throw off the whole header system and the game won't know where to properly load the data thus it will freeze.

If my memory is correct, in HCTP you can just open CH.pac and hex swap i.e. face.txc (unmodified) with face.txc (modified) and everything is fine as long as they are the same size and encoded properly. However in SVR06, when I hex search for ro_face.txc in CH.pac, it doesn't find anything. I'm assuming this is because ro_face.txc is compressed via bpe in 09.bpe which obviously then changes all of the hex values.

So, anyone that is able to follow what I just said, any thoughts? Am I missing something?

Edit: I read some previous posts, sounds like there is a theory that data might be able to be appended to the end of CH.pac, and then have headers point to that new area?

Edit 3/20: Ah nvm Nike about the in-game model swap, I see you literally just had to swap wrestler ID's in the header and that loads the other model. Still working on making a texture edit work.

Tired

Legend
Reaction score
Not quite as complicated as that.

Once you have injected your modded.txc file back into the 09.bpe, inject the uncompressed 09.bpe into the wrestler pac.

For characters from SvR09-11, you need to inject their 09.bpe and 02.bpe into a SvR06-08 model.

Super_Luigi

Young Lion
Reaction score
RagNaRoc said:

Once you have injected your modded.txc file back into the 09.bpe, inject the uncompressed 09.bpe into the wrestler pac.

For characters from SvR09-11, you need to inject their 09.bpe and 02.bpe into a SvR06-08 model.
Correct me if I'm wrong but... have you actually had time to try / complete this process in SVR06?

In the new games yes, you can freely inject uncompressed files back into the wrestler pac, but I think its different in 06 (and possibly 05). In the newer games the wrestler pacs are all separate files on the disc and they reply upon the arc file to load. In 06 the wrestler pacs are all packaged up into ch.pac ch2.pac and ch3.pac. These three pacs do not load in X-Packer so to my knowledge you can't reinject the wrestler pacs that easily. The only way I know of doing this is through hex swapping, but the wrestler pacs would have to be the same size in order for that to work.

Tired

Legend
Reaction score
Obviously, the file size will change. This has be altered in the header.

nikethebike

Legend
Reaction score
Super_Luigi said:
RagNaRoc said:

For characters from SvR09-11, you need to inject their 09.bpe and 02.bIt's npe into a SvR06-08 model.
Correct me if I'm wrong but... have you actually had time to try / complete this process in SVR06?

In the new games yes, you can freely inject uncompressed files back into the wrestler pac, but I think its different in 06 (and possibly 05). In the newer games the wrestler pacs are all separate files on the disc and they reply upon the arc file to load. In 06 the wrestler pacs are all packaged up into ch.pac ch2.pac and ch3.pac. These three pacs do not load in X-Packer so to my knowledge you can't reinject the wrestler pacs that easily. The only way I know of doing this is through hex swapping, but the wrestler pacs would have to be the same size in order for that to work.
It's no different in 2006.
CH.PAC, CH2.PAC, CH3.PAC are all in the newer games on PS2/PSP.
The ARC file is just an index file of headers from the different files.
It's just that the header format of these files are different.
You just don't have an offset in the header which means the game calculates this and the order of files become important.

Try adding an edited character.pac to the end of the file. Add a header entry at the end of the header, update number of files in the header, give new header entry id of the wrestler model you want to change. Change the original header entry id for the old model into a dummy value of something that is not used in the game.
This is a theory that COULD work without rebuilding/recalculating everything.

Another even easier way could be to cut the header row for what you want to change and put it at the end of the header, completely delete the model.pac file from the data of the CH-file, paste the new model file at the end after the last pac in the CH-file, and last update the header with the new size of the new model.pac.

Super_Luigi

Young Lion
Reaction score
Ok, so I've been looking at HEX for several nights now learning how things work and I think I have a pretty good handle on it.

That being said, I think the best long term solution is to rebuild the file. More work now, but allows for easy swapping later because of the built in extra padding we can add. I'm going to do some more testing of this theory tomorrow night.

nikethebike

Legend
Reaction score
I think this is the easiest and best solution if it works:

1. Cut the header row for what model you want to change and put it at the end of the header as if it was the last file in the CH file.
2. Completely delete the model.pac file that we want to remove from the data of the CH-file.
3. Paste the new model.pac file at the end after the last pac in the CH-file.
4. Update the header row moved in 1 with the new size of the new model.pac.

Super_Luigi

Young Lion
Reaction score
My first successful texture modification to SVR06. :toast: Cooler more useful stuff to come!

rock1q.png

rock2t.png

nikethebike

Legend
Reaction score
nikethebike said:

1. Cut the header row for what model you want to change and put it at the end of the header as if it was the last file in the CH file.
2. Completely delete the model.pac file that we want to remove from the data of the CH-file.
I must have been tired when writing that.

Doing edits to this game, since it has no offsets should be simpler than the new games.

The simplest solution should be this:
1. Find the model.pac file that we want to remove from inside the data of the CH-file.
2. Replace it with your new model.pac file, make sure it overwrites all old data and if the new file is larger the offset for the next file will be "pushed forward" by your insert, if it is smaller it will be "pushed back".
3. Simply update the header with your new size.

Pretty straight forward really.

Super_Luigi

Young Lion
Reaction score
nikethebike said:
nikethebike said:

I must have been tired when writing that.

Doing edits to this game, since it has no offsets should be simpler than the new games.

The simplest solution should be this:
1. Find the model.pac file that we want to remove from inside the data of the CH-file.
2. Replace it with your new model.pac file, make sure it overwrites all old data and if the new file is larger the offset for the next file will be "pushed forward" by your insert, if it is smaller it will be "pushed back".
3. Simply update the header with your new size.

Pretty straight forward really.
Forgive my ignorance if this is common knowledge, but I haven't been able to figure out the equation the game uses to calculate the size in the header.

i.e. Rock's in-ring model has a header of
01 00 E1 04
I'm assuming the size is reversed like it is in the wrestler pac files, so
E1 04 = 04E1

Now, the actual size of the wrestler pac (ch.pac.1.PAC) is 0x0004E800
So how does it calculate from 04E1 to 0x0004E800?

Second example, Rock's hires entrance model has a header of
02 00 BC 06
Assuming its reversed, size is 06BC
How does it calculate 06BC into the actual size of 0x0006C000?

The pacs are obviously padded with 0's so that starting addys for the pacs start with addys ending in "000" or "800" so there must be an equation involved?

Up to this point I have just been using character header size values from other characters that are large enough to contain uncompressed files of the wrestler I am working on. So steal that value, apply it to my character header, then pad my character's wrestler pac file so it equals the size of the wrestler's pac I stole the character header value from. Sounds confusing but it really isn't that hard... I'd like to know the equation though.

Pfr Chaos

Young Lion
Reaction score
There is no equation, it's simply the area of the wrestler pac where the padding of 0's begins.

Status
Not open for further replies.