[Closed] TDK's Classic Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDK

Main Eventer
Reaction score
@chikaraboy: Thanks bro, I appreciate the kind words!

@Phil: We miss you, come back - full time - soon!

@mshartzer: Really happy you like it and thanks for the comment!

@jazz: Thanks very much, means a lot coming from you!

TDK

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Here's a sneak peek at my latest effort... Still a WIP, but a tip of the hat to M and chikaraboy for suggesting Davey... :hi

I'm going to be busy for the next few days so I'm not sure how much time I'll have for moding. So far I'd have to say I'm happier with the logos even though I'm still testing out various techniques to try and improve the look. Full credits will follow, and comments are appreciated as always. Okay then, first up here's what I was going for:

66m2gz.png
2wp10le.png

In case you're wondering, I do have in-ring shots of this same attire but you can't post everything right?... And lastly here's where we're at so far:

16bc211.png

14w92rk.png

nadimmania

Legend
Reaction score
Absolutely great,bro :yes:
The face and attire is pretty cool :yes:

AKI Man

Legend
Reaction score
Website
s4.zetaboards.com
I'm a honest guy and will say that the face looks too hires than AKI TDK bro. Also the hair does as well. I love the attire my man, but think you should use in-game hair or take some from VPW2.. The face needs to be kept to its standard 32 x 64 size and basic colour pallette (200). Pixelling everything in can be time consuming but its more true to AKI.

Great work though bud.

TDK

Main Eventer
Reaction score
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>Darth AKI</dt><dd>Feb 22 2012, 08:28:20 AM</dd></dl><div>I'm a honest guy and will say that the face looks too hires than AKI TDK bro. Also the hair does as well. I love the attire my man, but think you should use in-game hair or take some from VPW2.. The face needs to be kept to its standard 32 x 64 size and basic colour pallette (200). Pixelling everything in can be time consuming but its more true to AKI.

Great work though bud.[/quote]Honesty is good, and I've been debating over the last couple of days about that very thing. (Whether to go with hi-res textures or use standard size). I guess I just haven't found my style preference yet. For example I look at some of loco's mods and I can see the AKI face style fits the game perfectly, and yet I also like the realistic face style as well (provided it's blended properly with the right hue, tone and shades).

I'm gonna download Phil's face and give this some more thought. (Thanks by the way Phil)! Maybe I'll try it both ways and see which I and/or you guys prefer. Who knows maybe even a poll?

Anyway thanks very much for the input as it definitely helps me continue to learn, grow and test new things. :yes:

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
If you want body templates or anything, send me a PM.

TDK

Main Eventer
Reaction score
PM sent, and thanks for the offer Phil! :yes:

TDK

Main Eventer
Reaction score
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>Darth AKI</dt><dd>Feb 22 2012, 08:28:20 AM</dd></dl><div>I'm a honest guy and will say that the face looks too hires than AKI TDK bro. Also the hair does as well.[/quote]I just went back and looked at 'em again... This time I compared the higher res textures side-by-side with the AKI type blend (with in-game palette) and I gotta say you were right. It looks much better the way you suggested.

I'm pretty busy this week, so progress will be slow but I do plan to fully rework those textures. Should be a much better result. So thanks again for pointing me in the right direction. (The good news being, I think this'll be my default approach from now on - so hopefully - you won't have to do it again). ;)

Appreciate the feedback, cheers bro! :yes:

TDK

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Finally found some time to get back to modding, so here's my latest - AKI style? - face plus the matching Bulldog attire:

xn5ao0.png
2i8dcmp.png

As usual, comments - good, bad and indifferent - are always welcome!

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
Looking pretty good, man. I would suggest to blend the face with the body skin a slight bit. It is just a taaaad off.

jazz

Midcard
Reaction score
Great to see you are continuing with this! :)

I agree with Phil's suggestion regarding the face..it needs more blending, you should try to use as little of the hi-res face as possible. It all boils down to style and preference, but generally I only use the eyes and mouth from reference picture(s), the hairline and nose (and sometimes mouth) I take from default AKI faces and blend them together over a base AKI face.

TDK

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Sorry I haven't been around much lately as real life has been pretty demanding of late...

Be that as it may, I went over my Davey mod several times - and while I appreciate all the suggestions - I finally decided to reblend the existing textures so Davey will more closely match Dynamite. Sorry if that disappoints anyone, but that's what happens when you're dealing with a royal screw up. ;)

With that in mind, here's the final two attires. The first is an early Stampede singlet - the one he wore when he won his first title - and the second is his final pre-WWF attire.

Blood, mpk and moveset is already done, so it's just a matter of some final tweaks before release. Hope you like and thanks for putting up with a hi-res stuck in the muck like me. :p

2el5i1i.png
2ypgcxt.jpg

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
That singlet is awesome! I've never seen that attire before...

AKI Man

Legend
Reaction score
Website
s4.zetaboards.com
I love that singlet TDK bro! I still am sticking to my guns with the face. Its too hires myself and the hair looks hires also. I appreciate you sticking to your guns though and doing your own thing.

wwf80sguy

Young Lion
Reaction score
:eek:hyeah what's up guys is it possible to re-upload tdk's dynamite kid. searched the whole forum but no luck. thanks in advance

AKI Man

Legend
Reaction score
Website
s4.zetaboards.com
wwf80sguy you just bumped a topic that is over a year old. Please reframe from doing that. We have a re-up topic that you can use to ask for re-ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.