Eric Bischoff comments on Kurt Angle & The Hardys (From Monday Night Mayhem)

TheDoctor

Legend
Reaction score
His reaction to Kurt Angle's arrest on DUI charges this past weekend and the message that he feels should be sent to the current, reigning, and defending TNA World Heavyweight Champion:

"I know little about it, and I haven't talked to anybody within TNA about it. Quite disappointed for obvious reasons: both on a business level for the company, and I'm disappointed and embarrassed for Kurt. The fact that he's even in this situation, regardless if he is guilty, not guilty, had an excuse, didn't have excuse. You can't keep putting yourself in situations like this when you're a pro, because you're jeopardizing not only your own personal life, but there is an entire company dependent on you and betting/investing in you. Putting yourself in this position not once, but twice, and maybe more is disturbing to me. I'm hoping we find out it's not what we read, and it's not what we think. But if it is, I think Kurt Angle has some soul-searching to do, and TNA has some decisions to make."

Why he thought it was "a great decision" for TNA to release Matt Hardy:

"I think it was a great decision by TNA to release Matt Hardy. I honestly thought Matt was a questionable talent to begin with, not that he didn't have any value. In my opinion, there was a liability there, and it manifested itself. We've see how Matt's issues and the baggage he brought to TNA evolved in the last few months, and there a few people that wanted to pull the plug on Matt Hardy sooner than they did. I think once TNA made the decision to pull the plug, I was quite honestly happy about it and thought it was long overdue."

If he believes Jeff Hardy can be relied on to be one of the leaders of TNA and whether or not Jeff has adequately put his "demons" to rest:

"We don't know that. What hasn't been reported on much is the fact that when Jeff came back to Huntsville, there was a meeting where Jeff literally addressed every single piece of talent in the locker room, including Sting, myself, Hulk Hogan, and a number of other people that were closely involved with the situation that occurred a few months back (at Victory Road). He asked for forgiveness and took total responsibility for everything that he did. He asked everyone in the locker room for an opportunity to make good and to prove that he's capable of being a valuable part of the team. I'm not going to lie. Speaking for myself, I have my doubts. It's not whether or not Jeff was sincere. I know he was sincere. But a lot of people in Jeff's position are sincere. It's a question of whether or not he can find a way to deliver and live up to what he has to live up to in order to gain everybody's trust. I don't know. I hope so. I really hope so."

AKI Man

Legend
Reaction score
Website
s4.zetaboards.com
For once Bishoff actually makes sense.. WOW!!! Yeah Hardy is a noob and so is Kurt.. If this was WWE, they would have been flunked along time ago.. The only reason Kurt is not getting beef from TNA is cause of his awesome work ethic and credibilitity to the promotion....Well maybe his cred has dropped quite a bit, but still!

Aditza

Midcard
Reaction score
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>AKI Man</dt><dd>Sep 9 2011, 02:22:46 PM</dd></dl><div>For once Bishoff actually makes sense.. WOW!!! Yeah Hardy is a noob and so is Kurt.. If this was WWE, they would have been flunked along time ago.. The only reason Kurt is not getting beef from TNA is cause of his awesome work ethic and credibilitity to the promotion....Well maybe his cred has dropped quite a bit, but still![/quote]don't be so sure WWE would fire these 2 so fast.They aren't much better than TNA.
Yes,they fire wrestlers for breaking the wellness policy,but not big superstars.Not even Sin Cara who is kinda a newbie superstar there.
WWE isn't much better than TNA at this.