Even More On Sin Cara's Suspension

AKI Man

Legend
Reaction score
Website
s4.zetaboards.com
<blockquote class='code_blockquote'><dl><dt>Code: </dt><dd> </dd></dl><code>Partial Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

-- Frankie Kazarian tweeted the following regarding Sin Cara's WWE suspension: "The Flux Capacitor is what makes time travel possible. If you STEAL it, u violate the wellness policy and get suspended 30 days. Just sayin."

-- To follow up WWE's announcement on Monday that Sin Cara (Urive Alvirde) has been suspended for 30 days for violating the company's Wellness Policy, he reportedly failed a steroid test back in early June. Sources close to WWE have confirmed that the test failure was discovered "some time back." WWE.com quietly removed the report about his suspension in favor of running a story about his "injury" at the Money in the Bank PPV along with the Big Show. The report is still online though, while all announcements are always made on the Corporate.WWE.com website. Although WWE's Wellness Policy rules state that a first failure is 30 days suspension, a second is 60 days and a third is termination, it is already being speculated that he may not be brought back. We will continue to follow this story as it develops. </code></blockquote>

:D

wwefan4life2

Main Eventer
Reaction score
What is Kazarian smoking?
Kazarian:

Sin Cara:

Sorry Kazarian, yours sucks.

Aditza

Midcard
Reaction score
Kaz is right.They stole the move from him.I remember him using it for years.

wwefan4life2

Main Eventer
Reaction score
There is no such thing as stealing moves, moves are not property of anyone.

Blue Warrior

Main Eventer
Reaction score
I agree with wwefan, if there is such thing as stealing moves, everyone would be a thief!

AKI Man

Legend
Reaction score
Website
s4.zetaboards.com
Yeah I kinda feel the whole "Stealing" moves is the wrong term, as wrestlers have been taking other wrestlers moves and tweaking them to there own style! Kaz may have a point, but if to say its stolen is BS! Its not copyrighted so is free to use for whoever wishes too. This has been going for for donky years!!

Now people could say Sin Cara is a Rip-off/Theif of Mysterio!! because they both do similar moves, attires look similar, and they wear a mask! LOL. Obviously thats not the case. Its a tradition among lucha wrestlers "The Mask", and its there style of wrestling. I actually think it should be a complement if you take or use another wrestlers move!

Blue Warrior

Main Eventer
Reaction score
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>AKI Man</dt><dd>Jul 19 2011, 01:54:51 PM</dd></dl><div>Yeah I kinda feel the whole "Stealing" moves is the wrong term, as wrestlers have been taking other wrestlers moves and tweaking them to there own style! Kaz may have a point, but if to say its stolen is BS! Its not copyrighted so is free to use for whoever wishes too. This has been going for for donky years!!

Now people could say Sin Cara is a Rip-off/Theif of Mysterio!! because they both do similar moves, attires look similar, and they wear a mask! LOL. Obviously thats not the case. Its a tradition among lucha wrestlers "The Mask", and its there style of wrestling. I actually think it should be a complement if you take or use another wrestlers move! [/quote]This!

Kaz should be honoured that one of the greatest "wrestlers" in the WWE uses his move!

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
Well, according to wrestlers, there is such a thing as "stealing" moves, though no one claims to own the rights to them. Just like in Chavo's recent interview, he joked that him and Eddie used to call Styles AJ Steals, or how AJ himself accused Morrison of stealing a lot of his and Low Ki's moves. So, stealing DOES exist in the business, just not in the standard terms and definitions that most people use, apparently.

I'll take the word of someone in the business on that one over the IWC.

Now, is the whole getting pissed off that someone is doing the same move kinda stupid? Of course it is, however, being as the wrestling business is a creative one, like music and so on, I can also understand the frustration of seeing someone do something that you think was your own creation, especially if they do it better than you did.

Seriously, wrestlers themselves use the term "stealing" all the fucking time, because that is what they consider it to be. Of course it happens, but it doesn't mean anything. Moves have always been used and adapted by other guys, it is part of the territory.

wwefan4life2

Main Eventer
Reaction score
You cannot steal something that isn't owned by anyone. I will take common sense any day. Plus, Chavo used the 3 Amigos and the Frogsplash, so yeah he is dumb.

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
I'll take the word of people actually in the business over smarks that think they know everything about it.

Of course you can steal an idea, even if it isn't patented and trademarked. It happens all the time in many walks of life.

Wrestlers refer to it as "stealing", which was my whole point, not whether or not I necessarily agree with it.

If you can't steal something that isn't owned by anyone, than bobyganus and every single No Mercy "thief" deserves an apology.

jcsix

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Wrestler 1: "I'm going to use the toe kick tonight"

Wrestler 2: "He stole my move!"

But seriously, I don't care if a wrestler says it or not. each move is used by pretty much everyone. I can say Punk stole the G2S from KENTA or that the moonsault from Muta is stole by Matt Hardy. At the end, eveyone uses any moves they feel comfortable with.

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
quote:

"Whether they did it to mock WWE or not, they still ripped it off. Defending them ripping that off as "there is nothing such as ripping off in wrestling as everything has been done before" is just absurd. There is a difference between using ideas that were done before and making them unique and and straight ripping it off."

Do I agree about the whole stealing thing? No, my point was that wrestlers feel that way.

However, this quote sums up how I feel about it, courtesy of wwefan4life2.

jcsix

Main Eventer
Reaction score
The thing its, wrestlers feel like that, but they may of used a move by someone who felt like that when it first happend. I'll take this as an example.

When Angle started to use the ankle lock, surely Shamrock felt like that. But the fact Kurt was calling Swagger for "ripping his move" is straight plain stupid.

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
Agreed, jcsix. When a move is innovated people have to expect it to be used again and again. When someone says they are the only one that should do it, it just seems dumb.

I was simply trying to put some context and objectivity to the discussion.