Megaupload Shut Down

Super El Guapo

Main Eventer
Reaction score
what the fuck! I got all my stuff on Megaupload and now I can't get at it, I hope you got Backups Cowboy.
:beatemup: RAGE QUIT THE INTERNET!!

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
Just saw this. That really sucks.

Well, better wait for another one to pop up. Always does.

I'm not even sure what I have downloaded on my hard drive. I had quite a few of the save hosrted on megaupload. I think I have most.

If megaupload is getting hit, medafire HAS to be next. We should look into other alternatives.

edti: @ M: I have backups for nearly everything. Just checked. We're looking good, however, jacek's archive is probably gone for good. :(

barskio

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Bye bye Icefilms.

AKI Man

Legend
Reaction score
Website
s4.zetaboards.com
I agree with Phil! Mediafire will be the next one to get hit for sure! Maybe we can look into uploading people's work via the forum in some sort of vault??

Im sure all the uploading sites will get closed. Im not sure if this is permanent or a suspension.

Totally sucks and again the governement are protecting the filthy rich, greedy Holllywood studio's.

Fuego

Main Eventer
Reaction score
WTF !
Not My Favourite Server !
That Sucks
(just after they made a Mega Song!)

Super El Guapo

Main Eventer
Reaction score
what's the FBI doing shutting down an English site, fuck the police...

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
It looks like I have all the full saves. At least the old ones. So we're good there.

I also have about 8 more gigs of random old No Mercy stuff.

Looks like we're gonna have to pool our resources, eh OSR?

AKI Man

Legend
Reaction score
Website
s4.zetaboards.com
Yep! It looks like it bro!

Glad you have stored alot of shit on your computer bro! I have very few on my new comp. Loco's saves, Jazz's mods, WWE 2011, a few SvR stuff, not much tbh! Its a real bummer!

We all need to work together and get a place that we can store everything that members have contribituted to OSR! Mods, saves, the lot! Sites like Mediafire will surely go soon and if the governement plan to screw all the uploading sites, I dont know what we will do! This SOPA shit may have cooled down, but boy, those fuckers are still hurting us! They know we rely on sites like Megaupload.

TDK

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Megaupload was my favorite server too... Needless to say, this really sucks!

I'm pissed right now, but once I get past the rage I can't help but wonder just how stupid these U.S. government types really are. Do they actually believe they can play world police (at Hollywood's beckon call) and declare war on the internet?

Far from stopping piracy, all this is going to do is push the file sharing underground. It'll most likely end up fragmenting the web (once people start using alternate DNS servers) and Uncle Sam will slowly see his stranglehold on the World Wide Web slip away.

If that's their vision for the future then they're welcome to it. Have fun censoring the web while the rest of the planet moves ahead.

Morons!

AKI Man

Legend
Reaction score
Website
s4.zetaboards.com
I agree TDK bro, I really do..

Let me say something that will more than likely piss off my man Phil.. This has been planned! Its all part of the vision the governements have for us! A controlled world that is censored for there own pleasure ie. They get all the good stuff, and we get jack shit! Now whether is the "NWO" vision or just the governements wanting to protect what is feeding them so much money ie Hollywood, its still a blantant attack at us common folk and taking away our freedom!

Im not a preecher or a speaker, but open your eyes people. As Nike said... "This is just the beginning" We have to fight back.

Cue

Legend
Reaction score
WTF! Why didn't they go arresting people who upload illegal stuff instead?

Something is just too stupid.

TDK

Main Eventer
Reaction score
I think a big part of the problem was they had a couple of servers operating in the States, so it was probably easier to get a judge to issue a warrant. I hope this serves as a lesson for other file hosters as they seriously need to take all their business overseas pronto!

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
Yeah, they had a pretty solid case, hate to say it. :(

EtYby.png

nadimmania

Legend
Reaction score
Megaupload is my most FAVORITE server.i download many stuff from there.
And now the government shut it down :wall:

:fuckyou FUCK the government.they only want the money.they not thinking of our freedom.they only wanting money just like the Hollywood.

It looks like AL(Abraham Lincoln) and JFK(John.F.Kennedy)vision about freedom is already being forgotten by the government.

Click this AWESOME image i have for you,the government :cat
images

TDK

Main Eventer
Reaction score
After reflecting on this whole mess for a few hours, I've come up with a reverse conspiracy theory.

I find the timing of the MU takedown very interesting. But before we get to that, a couple of facts to set the backdrop:

1) Ever since the White House announced they wouldn't support SOPA (in it's current form), Hollywood has been coming down on them like a ton of bricks.

2) The media has been reporting quite a few members of Congress have changed their position in the past week and are now opposed to SOPA/PIPA type legislation.

Therefore, (given that the White House can count heads, and for the sake of argument, let's say they're reasonably convinced the measures are going down), WHAT IF the MU takedown was designed to pacify the pro-SOPA lobby, by giving them a pre-emptive victory which demonstrates they can deal the pirates a hefty blow even without SOPA?

If this was the plan, it would also serve to help ease the pain of the coming defeat. That way the politicians can walk the fine line of trying to stay on side with the Entertainment Industry, (and keep the Hollywood re-election money coming in), without having to invoke draconian measures which will undoubtedly draw comparisons to Communist China.

In other words, they can still claim to be sympathetic with the Hollywood fat cats by reassuring them of their willingness to whack the file sharers even without SOPA. Seems like a good exit strategy to me, especially if the White House has inside knowledge that the bills are going down.

Then again I could be totally wrong. That's the beauty of conspiracy theories. :p

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
Pretty valid points, there. Especially when it comes to the government throwing them a bone.

Bastards.