need help in arena texture editing

thegreatone

Young Lion
Reaction score
hello i want help in arena editing so is my steps right that i did?
first i extracted svr 2011 bg pacs and selected 1 bg.pac for example royal rumble and it opened it with xpacker and uncompressed c8 and opened it with optximage studio and edited arena with optix image and saved my edited tm2 file and i imported it to my c8 folder and i opened my bg.pac royal rumble and i injected c8 into it and i imported my edited bg.pac to svr 11 .by editor nike the bike.so when i tried to play game it freezes on start up loading screen .help me tell me reall way to edit thanks

Tired

Legend
Reaction score
You have it right.

But you need to edit the arc file. You need to enter the new size. Read the tutorials on how to do this.

thegreatone

Young Lion
Reaction score
how do i edit arc file ? i viewed topic , there were two tutorials but i need help in arena edting .
how do i edit arc file you said?help me thanks

honkytonkman

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Website
honkytonkman-adriano.blogspot.it
another way without touching arc file is to create a new c8.pac textures with same size of c8.bpe..when you mod arena elements try to reduce size of some not particoular element..until you can re-assembled with xpacker a new texture archive same size of c8.bpe.
if you create a new texture archives in pac it will be always bigger than compressed bpe version..so, you have 2 options: to reduce textures size or ,as said RagNaRoc, to change space in arc file for the new size of your c8.pac

thegreatone

Young Lion
Reaction score
i have hex editor if you will create video for me it will be more helpful and good for me.
the editing process is right or no i not used photoshop because i not know much about photoshop .
i edited arena textures with optix image studio and i did what i wrote above .my game freezes?
i love to mod arenas,but i dont know i ahve no tutorial .

nikethebike

Legend
Reaction score
RagNaRoc said:
You have it right.

But you need to edit the arc file. You need to enter the new size. Read the tutorials on how to do this.
Why do you keep spreading information that makes it harder for noobs than it needs to be? :)

YOU DON'T NEED TO DO THIS MANUALLY.

Just use the import_arena tool included in svredit and you will get the arc file updated automatically.
And you can edit arenas completely without having to hex edit. It's as easy as editing any wrestler model textures.

Tired

Legend
Reaction score
nikethebike said:
Why do you keep spreading information that makes it harder for noobs than it needs to be? :)
Of all people, YOU are calling me out on that, Nike?

nikethebike

Legend
Reaction score
If the first thing you point them at is HEX-editing, we will have 2000 noob questions in here.
Let them in easy instead so they can advance after learning the basics.

But that's just my five cents. ;)

Tired

Legend
Reaction score
Now he knows that you can do it with your editor, expect 10 noob questions in the wrong threads asking how you do this with your editor (the other 9,980 will never be approved).

Has history taught you nothing?

nikethebike

Legend
Reaction score
Rags, there's one big difference here in my opinion. This guy is actually asking how to mod. Not how to import leeched models or something like this that 95% of the other n00bs do.

In my opinion, if I help this guy, perhaps he will turn into one of the contributing members here. And we desperately need arena modders in this community.

nikethebike

Legend
Reaction score
And to thegreatone:

I want you to learn this ok, but you REALLY need to read the rules of this forum and follow them. If you read a tutorial and do not understand it, post a link to the tutorial and what steps you do not understand. The tutorial section is full of guides and good stuff but you need to take the time and search there before you ask questions.

I suggest you follow guides for modding character models and then guides for arenas. Following both guides should help you understand the basics.