New Member CAW Tutorial For Beginners

AKI Man

Legend
Reaction score
Website
s4.zetaboards.com
Ok yeah it sounds pretty silly, but I think that CAW making is a art like modding & Hacking, so us CAW maker's deserve a tutorial too right?

This will be for Unhacked CAW's, as I will be doing a part 2, for hacked CAW's.

Well anyway I am gonna put this into stages, so even the biggest nOOb on the planet will understand.

1) Decide who you want to create, I am going to do one of my favorite wrestlers CM Punk current gimmick.

2) Now what I do is use these sites for reference pics and also getting info on the wrestlers stats.. Make sure you get some good ref pics as this will help you choose the correct attire, face, facial hair etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
www.wwe.com
www.obsessedwithwrestling.com
PSD Dreams
www.tnawrestling.com

3) Now once you have got your pics, open up project64, and lets Create a new superstar, found at Smackdown Mall.

4) Lets start by entering in all the info on CM Punk with his name and height/weight. If you want to edit the Music & Titantron by all means, go ahead.

5) Now once that is done lets move over to the appearance and start making our CAW, and open up your reference pics too. Now lets start with the body. For me CM Punk is pretty much considered a lightweight so lets go with a skinny 2 body, as he does not really have the most defined six-pack, and also a colour 4 as he is quite tanned these days.

6) Ok now thats done, lets move over to the head shape. For me I suggest either head 1 or head 2 as he has pretty much a normal head shape. Other headshapes for the bigger/fatter wrestlers work well, like head 3 & 4 but for Punk its not.

7) Now lets choose a suitable face for CM Punk, this for me is a challenge and can get frustrating at times, but make sure you spend that bit extra looking threw the faces, as it can make or break a CAW.

For Me Stevie Richards face works best, has that similarity to CM Punk with the expression and all.

8) We move onto the hair, as his current gimmick has him with cropped hair,, its gonna have to be shaved, colour 6.

9) Now with the facial hair, there are a few you could go with but have a look threw the one that resembles his. For me Facial Hair 12 is the best, though also Facial hair 27 would work.

10) Lets move onto his ring attire. Now get a decent ref pic of him showing his full attire..

Now there are a few choices to go for, I personally feel unhacked it would look better without anything to fancy, so I am gonna go with Original 2, but it's personal preference of course.

Choose the second colour according to the attire you are doing.

11) Ok, time to choose his Tattoo's. This could be a choice of two, either Godfathers to resemble his new chest tat or Undertaker for is older gimmick. Do what you feel, but im gonna go with godfather.

12) We are nearly there. Now I think we need to go to gloves and choose some suitable ones for him. Pretty obvious choice, Taping. :p

13) He currently has a right supporter on his arm, so lets add one. Go to Elbow pads, and I will go with supporter 1 (Colour White).

14) Nearly there, lets add his Knee pads. I think knee pad 2 for both legs and keep it as default colour. Remember its you choice, but keep things as close as possible to the real wrestler.

15) Last but not least his boots. For me, Its pretty simple choice, but again only you can decide. I like the look of Pull-ons 20, as it has the similarities to his boots.

And here is the final outcome...

Yeah, its turned out well. I am happy with that.

Again hope it helps :D

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
Amazing tutorial sure this will help all caw creators and even some what help modders in making a caw to mod over IMO.Like the pics and the way you explain each step thanks for sharing.

dabaddguy

Midcard
Reaction score
ronaldrain said:
Amazing tutorial sure this will help all caw creators and even some what help modders in making a caw to mod over IMO.Like the pics and the way you explain each step thanks for sharing.
What he said.

ajaction

Young Lion
Reaction score
Great tutorial I enjoyed reading seems easy to follow maybe I will try later :wub:

WK 33

Young Lion
Reaction score
Thanks for the guides. Macho Man Hacked Caw.
jhsy6p.png

WK 33

Young Lion
Reaction score
I'd like to take some CAW requests (hacked or non-Hacked). Hit me with your best stuff. :)

WK 33

Young Lion
Reaction score
I tried this method.
Sting2.jpg

I like the way it looks in the ring.
Sting1.jpg

:)

AKI Man

Legend
Reaction score
Website
s4.zetaboards.com
Damn!!!! Dude your Caws are excellent. I think we should team up on that WCW save I was talking about??? What did you use for the left/right waist, and lower front/back body?

WK 33

Young Lion
Reaction score
Ring Attire Crotch -
Original 3 (I think)

Lower Torso
Godfather Vest

Upper Body Crotch
SwimSuit 4 (to cover the middle of Original 3)

Lower Torso
Wrestling Singlet (to cover/fill in gaps ont he stomach/back)

AKI Man

Legend
Reaction score
Website
s4.zetaboards.com
Yeah though so, noticed the godfather vest. great stuff buddy and you have been upgraded. Glad to see another attire hacker around here.

You can start you own topics now. :B-)