Owen Hart lawsuit finally over?

Tired

Legend
Reaction score
Martha Hart and WWE have released a joint press statement announcing that Martha's lawsuit against the company was now over.

After Owen Hart died during a live pay-per-view in 1999, his widow Martha claimed that the WWE entered into an agreement in which the company could never profit from his image ever again. The only exceptions would be the 'WWF Attitude' video games, the 'WWF Backlash' (1999) VHS release, as Owen agreed to this prior to his death.

Martha filed a new lawsuit in 2011 after Owen Hart was featured in DVDs chronicling the history of Monday Night Raw and the extended Hart family. This led to some WWE DVD titles being withdrawn from circulation. The statement confirmed earlier speculations that the lawsuit ended on April 15th. While it was not clear what the agreement is, they simply stated one had been reached. Both parties agreed to pay their own legal fees, and Martha agreed that she could not pick up the lawsuit at a later date.

Some websites jumped the gun and reported this news on April 15th. However, they incorrectly added that Martha had consented to WWE using Owen's image. Other sites went further and confirmed that Owen would be featured in his own DVD set, the WWE 2K14 video game and 2014 Hall Of Fame. But none of this has been agreed upon.

Meh.

Midcard
Reaction score
"Owen-rated" in my opinion, I never thought he had anything special - the only time I liked him was when he got ribbed by that kid who impersonated him.

KWG

Promoter
Staff member
Reaction score
Bombardier said:
"Owen-rated" in my opinion, I never thought he had anything special - the only time I liked him was when he got ribbed by that kid who impersonated him.
Honestly that's a bit harsh,the guy is one of the best the business ever had.

TheDoctor

Legend
Reaction score
KWG said:
Bombardier said:
Honestly that's a bit harsh,the guy is one of the best the business ever had.
Yes he was.

kevan1700

Upper Midcard
Reaction score
Bombardier said:
you're trolling, right? you've gotta be...

Meh.

Midcard
Reaction score
kevan1700 said:
Bombardier said:
you're trolling, right? you've gotta be...
No I'm really not lol. He never entertained me, that's just my opinion though. I was more interested in ECW, perhaps I'm one of those people Jim Cornette hates. :p

Tired

Legend
Reaction score
I didn't like Owen Hart when he was alive. But that was only because he was such an effective heel. After he died, I got to see a lot of his work. He truly is one of the most under-appreciated performers of all time. So many guys go on about how they were "influenced" by the Mexican/Canadian/Japanese/Amateur styles. Just how many of those managed to incorporate all 4 styles, and not reduce most of his moves to kicks and other strikes? Answer begins and ends with Owen Hart.

Tired

Legend
Reaction score
There is. But then again, when you are in Japan, no-one calls it Japanese style.

Canadian style wrestling is normally defined as technical wrestling, focused mainly on suplexes and working towards submission finishes.