Project Outsider

Status
Not open for further replies.

G.M.Spectre

Young Lion
Reaction score
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd> </dd></dl><div>I don't know why. But I love this.

Any chance you could make King from tekken?[/quote]

<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd> </dd></dl><div>I'd like to see more non-wrestlers. How about some video game characters like John Marston, Chuck Greene, or Leon from RE4?[/quote]

So these two quotes have got me looking into texture ripping. I discovered that with a program called jpsxdec, that PS1 textures are very easy to rip depending on the game. Although I'm going to focus more on mid 90's goofiness in this save, I have some characters I'm working on that will put this info to use.
kingtest.png

Worth a try :)

G.M.Spectre

Young Lion
Reaction score
After a quick look, I guess I may have misspoke when saying they were Aki style. I was going for similar pallets , but at times got lazy and just used a blurred resize when getting frustrated with finding the right logo/pattern. My main goal was just to get all the items to fit in with the resources in the game (kind of like when I used to make characters for the old Smackdown games). I also feel more comfortable editing the sprites when they are originally sized instead of 4x.

When working on the rest of King's costumes, I noticed that I felt it fit in, but was focusing less on pallets. So I may be referring to it as Aki-esque style, then?

Another thing, when going through King's PSX tiles, I found that it was very easy to import them since they were a similar size. Although not too much with this project, I may revisit this in the future.

akasharya

Young Lion
Reaction score
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>G.M.Spectre</dt><dd>Aug 2 2016, 12:23:58 PM</dd></dl><div>Beta .3 released. Still needs a lot of work, bur I want to get some feedback and show what I can do so far. I've been using Project64 1.6 and Glide so far. I know I could have used a better configuration, but I was a bit confused with the various docs and wanted to avoid asking too many questions. Feedback (good and bad) is welcome.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/32ul411e53p1g26/Project_Outsider.rar

Now, who else would you like me to add?[/quote]please add KISS DEMON.it would be perfect addition to ur roster
<div class="queued">This post is awaiting moderation. <a href="http://s4.zetaboards.com/Old_Skool_Reunion/mod/?c=26&f=3232783&t=10486458&pid=8410090" onclick="return secureForm('29e0ee424bfedf5c3493128385239690', this);">Approve Post</a></div>

dafamily

Main Eventer
Reaction score
here is another epic match for you guys:

If only we had the UFC arena in this mod, it would have been more epic!!

G.M.Spectre

Young Lion
Reaction score
Well, King's finished. This moveset for this character was really fun to make, especially since he was the character I could never make in No Mercy.

king1.png

Tekken 3 alt
king2.png

Tekken 2
king3.png

Tekken 2 alt
king4.png
I probably won't add too many Tekken characters in this mod, but considering how easy it was to get the textures and add them in No Mercy, it is something I could see myself working on in the future. Especially since my old No Mercy N64 cart has a bunch of Tekken characters made from back in the day.

That said, I had to make Zangief (and a friend)
zangief1.png

If Zangief was a 1980's heel like Boris Zhukov
zangief2.png

The Mayor of Earth
zangief3.png

That one Pocket Fighter outfit
zangief4.png

The cool thing is that I used the Shinkiro CvS2 artwork for the AKI style face and it was perfect after some slight edits and applying the palette.

Next post, I want to focus on managers. This is important to me as an 80's wrestling fan and as the type of person who would have Heisenberg from Breaking Bad managed by Bobby Heenan in his WWE 2k16 universe mode. There are going to be two styles of managers. If a manager was a former or current wrestler, they will have a standard wrestler moveset and 4 costumes (for example, as a Memphis wrestling fan, I was disappointed in the fact that Col Robert Parker/Robert Fuller wasn't playable). If they are not (like Jimmy Hart) I will have them just be one costume of four with a generic moveset.

In theory I want to use costume based movesets for this, since and they can be turned off in their own particular cheat section (all wrestlers are going to have no manager defined in the default movelists). Even though costume based movesets don't work in story mode and some matches, it wouldn't matter since managers don't factor into that. There is also a "better managers" code by WildFB that I want to take advantage of as well.

Zangief needs a manager. Not Lana though, someone more 80's.[/spoiler]

akasharya

Young Lion
Reaction score
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>G.M.Spectre</dt><dd>Aug 24 2016, 01:08:23 PM</dd></dl><div>Well, King's finished. This moveset for this character was really fun to make, especially since he was the character I could never make in No Mercy.

king1.png

Tekken 3 alt
king2.png

Tekken 2
king3.png

Tekken 2 alt
king4.png
I probably won't add too many Tekken characters in this mod, but considering how easy it was to get the textures and add them in No Mercy, it is something I could see myself working on in the future. Especially since my old No Mercy N64 cart has a bunch of Tekken characters made from back in the day.

That said, I had to make Zangief (and a friend)
zangief1.png

If Zangief was a 1980's heel like Boris Zhukov
zangief2.png

The Mayor of Earth
zangief3.png

That one Pocket Fighter outfit
zangief4.png

The cool thing is that I used the Shinkiro CvS2 artwork for the AKI style face and it was perfect after some slight edits and applying the palette.

Next post, I want to focus on managers. This is important to me as an 80's wrestling fan and as the type of person who would have Heisenberg from Breaking Bad managed by Bobby Heenan in his WWE 2k16 universe mode. There are going to be two styles of managers. If a manager was a former or current wrestler, they will have a standard wrestler moveset and 4 costumes (for example, as a Memphis wrestling fan, I was disappointed in the fact that Col Robert Parker/Robert Fuller wasn't playable). If they are not (like Jimmy Hart) I will have them just be one costume of four with a generic moveset.

In theory I want to use costume based movesets for this, since and they can be turned off in their own particular cheat section (all wrestlers are going to have no manager defined in the default movelists). Even though costume based movesets don't work in story mode and some matches, it wouldn't matter since managers don't factor into that. There is also a "better managers" code by WildFB that I want to take advantage of as well.

Zangief needs a manager. Not Lana though, someone more 80's.[/quote]please make KISS DEMON from wcw and REBORNE DOINK from ecw.these r the rare characters suited for the game's roster
<div class="queued">This post is awaiting moderation. <a href="http://s4.zetaboards.com/Old_Skool_Reunion/mod/?c=26&f=3232783&t=10486458&pid=8410219" onclick="return secureForm('29e0ee424bfedf5c3493128385239690', this);">Approve Post</a>[/spoiler][/SPOILER]

G.M.Spectre

Young Lion
Reaction score
So I'm working on getting the managers set. I've been using the "Player Specific Moveset Converter" file to get different managers set, but for some reason the codes I am making aren't working too well. I will work on this later though. I did want to showcase two styles of manager. The first one is the wrestler/manager, who works as a manager but has 4 outfits with an appropriate moveset and stats. Here's the 80's evil russian to manage Zangief.

nin1.png

Face turn
nin2.png

AWA
nin3.png

1993 Reunion PPV
nin4.png
Also, if I'm correct, this is the first G.L.O.W. character made for a No Mercy mod.

The second one is the non-wrestler, with four characters represented by a simple moveset. Despite JR having one with this mind, I edited it to make it simpler with the Old Man Flop as the finisher, since that leaves the opponent open for attack.

jr1.png

WCW Revenge manager
jr2.png

Bodyguard for hire
jr3.png

Inspired by OSW review
jr4.png

Note that the last two characters replace Patterson and Briscoe for the intro and cutscenes. I was going to use mare managers in story mode, but I noticed that I had more characters planned for spots. So instead of making Vince McMahon into 80's Vince, I decided to make him one of my favorite wrestlers.

flair1.png

Crazy promo Ric Flair
flair2.png

Red
flair3.png

80's suit
flair4.png

robe.png

All you other Flair makers, I am in awe of you. Those textures were hell to figure out, and I half assed it at the end. Sleeve code by Wolfpac69.

As you may have noticed, I'm also messing with the select screen pictures. I'm using Keson's UI codes, and going for goofy pictures. Back to the old Outsider newsletter, I was first inspired by the old Complete Guide to Every Wrestler Ever pag, which I took the first two pictures in the Flair pics from. I am especially proud that I found my old Super Firepro Special screenshots on an old CD, so I could find the Evil Ric Flair picture (he's really evil in that game).

BTW, I am also inspired by AmitDaybeen's videos to use the Music tool for the final release, but that won't come until later.

And back to this...

<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd> </dd></dl><div>I'd like to see more non-wrestlers. How about some video game characters like John Marston, Chuck Greene, or Leon from RE4?[/quote]

Probably not in the game, but I did use some Resident Evil textures for a horror that many have forgotten. I'll probably have the character done and posted previews around halloween, but there's a hint in the pictures above.
It's never too early to celebrate Halloween! Triple H better watch out for zombies!
halloween1.png
[/spoiler][/SPOILER]

CKMBDavis

Young Lion
Reaction score
Crazy promo Ric Flair is hilarious - definitely not a character I would've ever expected to see! This is awesome.

G.M.Spectre

Young Lion
Reaction score
The best part is that since I'm using Vince McMahon's spot for Ric Flair, your nemesis for most of story mode will be him in his 80's suit promo, and crazy drawers promo.

Also, as proof that I am a horrible person, here is Buff Bagwell pimping out his mother.

buffjudy.png

Here he is, the "7 Card Stud", THIS.....IS.....BRICKOWSKI
brickpromo.png

PinkFloyd

Midcard
Reaction score
who is BRICKOWSKI based off of in revenge? I know Ho Zo man is Hayabusa but I still don't know who brick is(he is my fav wrestler to use in revenge :( )

Kanon

Main Eventer
Reaction score
This is goofy, but so fuckin' well-made!

G.M.Spectre

Young Lion
Reaction score
I've heard conflicting reports that it was Mil Mascaras, but it seems like he was based on Kodo Fuyuki (aka Powder Keg from WCW vs the World), which is one of the reasons I created the character and have Fuyuki as his third outfit.
brick3.png

fuyukivpw2.png

Movewise, he seems to match Fuyuki in WCW vs the World, although I used his VPW 2 moveset with slightly different moves.

bluntfello

Main Eventer
Reaction score
I think Brickowski is said to be based on Mil Mascaras because he has his taunt, other than that I really can't remember what moves they share if any.

Status
Not open for further replies.