RandyManFoo's WWF No Mercy Overhaul 2.0

randymanfoo

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
In this save? It's a Raw 1or 2 texture rip. I used a handful of them. In my WarZone save I'm using some Attitude textures.

Hardcorelews

Young Lion
Reaction score

randymanfoo said:
You don't apply them to the rom. You use the emulator to manipulate the rom and NMthing tool for music. Read around in the forums on how to make everything work and read the ReadMe included in the download.
read everything included, its using the pj64 settings im having confusion getting my head around, new to this, been many years.
does it matter if its us or eu rom? that i think may have an effect but im fuzzy on the details.
thanks

PinkFloyd

Midcard
Reaction score
I played this mod with my dad he's surprised how "HD" it is.
Would play again, expect videos from me
Much to my dismay, some of the textures won't load when I installed it onto my high end pc.
I have Windows 10, Project 64 2.2 and using Glide64
The textures that wont'e load are Chris Jericho,Kurt Angle, The Undertaker, Matt Hardy, Jim Ross, King, Patterson, Gerald, and Buh Buh Ray

randymanfoo

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
I built it on PJ64 1.6. Play it on that version. It should all work without a hitch. I believe it's the Mudlord Rice plugin. I'm not at my PC right now.

dafamily

Main Eventer
Reaction score
here is another match for you guys:

here is another playthrough for you guys:

here's another match for you guys:

dafamily

Main Eventer
Reaction score
LOL, no problem bro here's another classic match for you guys:

Clarityman

Opener
Reaction score
PinkFloyd said:
Much to my dismay, some of the textures won't load when I installed it onto my high end pc.
The textures that wont'e load are Chris Jericho,Kurt Angle, The Undertaker, Matt Hardy, Jim Ross, King, Patterson, Gerald, and Buh Buh Ray

Those are the same exact textures that will not load when I play! Jericho, Angle, Taker, etc.

It's a shame, it's such an amazing mod but those missing textures are unfortunate.

randymanfoo

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
Clarityman said:
PinkFloyd said:

Those are the same exact textures that will not load when I play! Jericho, Angle, Taker, etc.

It's a shame, it's such an amazing mod but those missing textures are unfortunate.

Again, I believe it has to be run on PJ64 version 1.6. It's the only reason I can think of.

WaylonMercysHands

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
Which folder contains the portraits? I can't find them.
Nevermind, I found them (Interface\Main Menu\Exhibition\Portraits).

dafamily

Main Eventer
Reaction score
here's another requested playthrough for you guys:

here's another epic match for you guys:

here's another one for you guys:

oldyz

Young Lion
Reaction score
there is a small sound problem with your mod:

the CAW menus and menu screens have some of the game's default music still playing along with your higher quality music remixes

this detracts from it's perfection , but i have found a path for a possible solution:

http://s4.zetaboards.com/Old_Skool_Reunion/single/?p=10004076&t=30064060
i have noticed that some people on youtube also notice this "bug"

another bug is that if you turn the music off in the options, the soundtrack of the last introduced wrestler will keep on playing with out end, that can be solved by "replacing" the no music track (it surely should have a x0?? number that i ignore at the moment) with a null.mp3

last, has anybody found a solution to the windows 7 offset-finding-everytime-you-want-to-play-annoyance??

randymanfoo

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
I've never ran across this problem. Thanks for the insight and the solution!

oldyz

Young Lion
Reaction score
randymanfoo said:
I've never ran across this problem. Thanks for the insight and the solution!
you are welcome,

in the past few days i have noticed some more details -

using the NMthing with the music mod turned on, i can hear that the in-game sountracks do play in the background but for a very brief fraction of a second repeatedly -
most of the time it is not noticieble, but for some tracks it is evident - especially the tracks made up of midi music

what i recommend is to hack the rom to have completely silent music and creating a patch of a silent ROM-

I also would like to share the following theory -
i believe that the numerous sound banks could be used to create new music tracks for entrances - if we can implement sound bank 0x values on the NMthing, they can be replaced with mp3 sountracks that can be applied to characters trough gameshark replacement codes.

the codes would have to be conditional codes -
if wrestler is slot 01 (lets say stone cold) costume 01 -- then
music track # 6 (lets say chyna) is replaced by sound bank "Brother for real"

(finding the conditionals for this is very useful, it could also allow for certain wrestler slot-costume and height combos to trigger weird body height and shapes - lets say little people wrestlers or HUlks with huge arms and skinny legs)

this way stone cold costume 1 with entrance music 6 will now have the "Brother for real" sound as his entrance music -
and NMthing turns brother for real in to a 2 or more minutes song-

now you might say that this will mess up the game's midi music, and that the brother for real sound for the game's credit music will now trigger as the MP3 and sound like a mess -
but to prevent that, you modify the midi music of the game itself to be a 1 silent note song - save the new rom and replace the original midi track (or tracks- since some of the game's music is made up of 3 different midi tracks) with a single mp3 file with NMthing

using a similar method - i believe we can take advantage of face textures for titantron images -
the plain face textures that we see in CAW mode are barely seen in-game, since glasses, front hair , skin color or masks turn any face texture into another crc value for the texture dump.
now if only there was a way to insert animated gifs or video in place of textures...

dafamily

Main Eventer
Reaction score
here's another match for you guys:

here are some more epic matches for you guys:

P

proJ3CHT

Crowd Member
Hey, great Mod, it's essentially an unofficial Remaster of Vanilla No Mercy, great for my Nostalgic kicks! One question though, i've got an issue with the Wrestlers missing Ears? Can you advise please?

Thanks.