Re- texturing question PSP

jendres

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
I am talking about the model of the wrestlers. Is it necessary that your texture has the same size with the texture you are changing? Is it ok if your texture size is smaller than the original? What is the best tool to use in copying the size of the original texture? I am using Gimp to indexed the texture but it takes a lot of time to find the right digit so that they will have the same size as the original so what tool do you recommend?

PunkDEverliving

Main Eventer
Reaction score
you should know the number of colors in the original texture and make a new texture with the same number of colors.then find a way to make the file size smaller.

Noktin

Midcard
Reaction score
I Use Adobe Fireworks. It works fine for me and makes size the same as original textures or even less.

PunkDEverliving

Main Eventer
Reaction score
1.open photoshop.
2.open the original texture.
3.press ctrl+shift+alt+S
4.choose the number of colors(first,choose 32.then press 16,then 8 and so on. until the preview of the texture loses some detail.)

as you can see in the attached picture, when I changed the colors from 32 -> not much happened.but when i changed the color from 16 -> 8 , the texture loses some details. so the texture must be 16-colors

and yes. the new texture file size can be smaller but putting a texture that is bigger than the original file size often crash the game(but works too sometimes)

Attachments:

jendres

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
Thats what i did. I made the textures to be changed smaller than the original but still the game freezes in the loading screen pre-match.

jendres

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
I think i found my problem. I made the texture to be changed smaller size but i notice that when i changed the file into a GIM it becomes bigger. how can i maintain the size to the texture even though it is changed it to a GIM file?