RIP Maximo

bluntfello

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Well, this is sad. His work here really made a lot of people happy. Would be good to find out a little more info though.

Tyler Black

Upper Midcard
Reaction score
Haven't said anything as I felt I wasn't close enough to Maximo to comment. But Maximo was one of the first guys to give me positive encouragement on my work. He was a genuinely nice guy and I hope his soul is at peace, RIP Maximo

jordyad

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Like I said on the shoutbox we should make a Maximo day every 15th February for our deceased brother

bluntfello

Main Eventer
Reaction score
JordyAD said:
Like I said on the shoutbox we should make a Maximo day every 15th February for our deceased brother
Good idea, but I think in the more immediate future we should try and complete the save he was doing for VPW2. I realize maybe he had the master save on his computer and all the work is lost, but the textures he was using are still out there in the old games.That would be a great tribute to him, like he had envisioned.

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
I wanted to make a hi-res version of his Raw vs Nitro arena for my save and a memorial hack, but that's as far as I've gotten.

bluntfello

Main Eventer
Reaction score
His save was really shaping up to be good. It's not hard, I used Revenge and WM2K textures and put them in VPW2 as far as two years ago. Just gotta group the wrestlers by skin color to make it easier. The real hard work is in the moveset editing which I think he was doing.

Rain

Midcard
Reaction score
I agree with bluntfello maybe we can create a workspace in secret stuff thread and give pass to respected friends of Maximo to continue his work.Also would be nice to share some quotes/post of his in there as a memorial.

monkey king

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
I still remember when he helped me out with the shoot grapple hack and many other mma moves

he was the one who taught me to set up mma movesets

RIP Maximo
_/\_
bowing down

stylesismilo

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Sigh, depression really isn't funny. Had, and still having a fight with it since 13 years old. It gets worse with stress, now that I am running my own business.

Wished he would have voiced out here so we could help him. RIP Maximo

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
He did voice out to a few of us, and it makes it 100 times worse.

I too struggle with depression, and this is just terrible. No other word for it but terrible.

AKI Man

Legend
Reaction score
Website
s4.zetaboards.com
Same. I've had depression for 7 years now. It's a struggle for me on a daily basis and the anxiety attacks and constant struggle with my own self I'd horrendous. I wouldn't wish this on anyone. I can only pray to god and give thanks for having my daughter in my life for keeping me going.

bluntfello

Main Eventer
Reaction score
I've also suffered from depression since my early 20's, so about ten years now. I've been feeling real down lately, mostly to do with my job and some relationships, but I know I can help things get better, just a matter of changing jobs I think. I would never take my own life, it's not that bad for me.

stylesismilo

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Darn. Didn't know so many of us are having this issue. Mine stemmed from OCD. I'm a perfectionist, and having someone driving me insane (literally) at work when I was 20 didn't help.

Gee...It's been 11 years since then.

wiseman

Young Lion
Reaction score
I was really interested in his WCW/WWF Wrestlemania: Revenge at the Tokyo Dome project. I can tell a lot of people here will miss him.

Warrior

Upper Midcard
Reaction score
This makes me sad. I don't think I ever interacted with him directly, but having struggled with this, it's shocking.

I don't want to think I have a soapbox or anything, but I hope that people remember a little kindness goes a long way, and to try and treat everybody with respect. Sometimes something as simple as a smile can convince somebody not to take their lives.

Show love to all, and live life to it's fullest.

I hope you're at peace now Maximo.

If you or anyone you know is thinking about suicide, there is help, and you do have a purpose.

Rain

Midcard
Reaction score
Can't believe it's been a year still miss you Maximo the saddest part about today but I'll always remember you my friend.I'mma drink a beer and eat my cake and play some VPW2 cause that's what Maximo would do!