Showdown 64

sabu316

Young Lion
Reaction score
IGA said:
How to change wrestler's attires?

search "formula" in the sd64 directory. there are a few text files that give you alt attire formulas for wrestlers. and a few random ones are easy to change. some guys you just change the color on their attire and it changes. for other wrestlers, i've come up with my own formulas and changed the texture filenames.

KWG

Promoter
Staff member
Reaction score
IGA said:
Omg.... :X_x: well, and who know it at all now??  There are more differents attires\costumes in Showdown 64\textures\WWF No Mercy (U) (1.0)\Roster\ each wrestler folders.  Why are they here???

What kind of formula we need? - some cheat in chet file or nuber texture in texture replacement by plugin??
- Who made this mod? - Can I ask him?? 
"Who know it at all now??"
Nobody, probably, not even the creator or the team behind it. This was made about 6 years ago, keep that in mind.

"There are more differents attires\costumes in Showdown 64\textures\WWF No Mercy (U) (1.0)\Roster\ each wrestler folders.  Why are they here???"
Most likely those alternative costumes were used pretty early on in the project's life, as alternative attires, however, when they introduced the system of wrestlers sharing slots, those went unused.

"What kind of formula we need? - some cheat in chet file or nuber texture in texture replacement by plugin??"
Formula is a term used in this community to refer to the list of items you need in order to create a wrestler, like this:
1IB9K7r.png

"Who made this mod? - Can I ask him??"
The creator is not actively a part of forums anymore, and I don't think he wants to be bothered about this, as most likely he doesn't remember either. @"sabu316" solution is probably your best bet.

IGA

Young Lion
Reaction score
sabu316 said:
IGA said:
How to change wrestler's attires?

search "formula" in the sd64 directory. there are a few text files that give you alt attire formulas for wrestlers. and a few random ones are easy to change. some guys you just change the color on their attire and it changes. for other wrestlers, i've come up with my own formulas and changed the texture filenames. 

Well, Ок....

I found only 17 result of "formula" in SD64 folder. Where others, for other wrestlers?

And could some show me or explain how and where i need to change on  Hogan's example?? - As default - he in yellow trunks, what and where i need to change to make him Hollywood?? ( and i even didn't find his formula)

Nobody, probably, not even the creator or the team behind it. This was made about 6 years ago, keep that in mind.
-  I did not know... 
The project is abandoned?

KWG

Promoter
Staff member
Reaction score
cardenasg14 said:
Hey everyone, i'm new to all this and just discovered that this even existed!  Huge fan of No Mercy and i just wanted to ask something.  Is there no music in the game?  Also, are there no entrances?
There's no music, I do think it's possible to enable entrances though, although it's not exactly a feature due to how limited those things are.

Chuckiepk

Promoter
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
cardenasg14 said:
Hey everyone, i'm new to all this and just discovered that this even existed!  Huge fan of No Mercy and i just wanted to ask something.  Is there no music in the game?  Also, are there no entrances?

There is no music in this mod unless you add your own.

There are entrances though. I made it so that you can turn them on/off in the rules menu using whatever button you have mapped to the analog stick. It is not the best method for making entrances selectable, but I developed a neater way to turn them on/off for the AKI Evolution project.

definition83

Young Lion
Reaction score
mohanned85 said:
how do i activate entrance theme in this thans

I basically unchecked the 'skip entrances' cheat under Showdown 64/Optional Entrances under the cheat menu. I couldn't figure out how to get the analog to work for it.

definition83

Young Lion
Reaction score
Issues with arenas
I've loaded the mod (6.0.4) properly (made sure all the textures and cheats were in the correct places and activated) Everything else in the mod seems to work great. But My arenas are all mixtures of the different arenas, if not some of the default game. (Example ECW TV in Promotion 0001 will have half the ECW apron and have the default arenas). I've also noticed that in the selection screen all the arenas from Promotion 0004 are just random pictures, and the arenas don't even attempt to show. I have looked in the textures folder and I have no images for any of the Promotion 0004 arenas besides the Select Screen folders, that again have images the don't correspond with the said arena.

I do run other mods beautifully like Legends 2.1, Feel the Bang, AKI Evolution and New Generation without problems. But this one I seem to just be missing images. Tried from other versions, but again '0004' wasn't added until the latest.

And suggestions or assistance?

SaintLedgewood

Young Lion
Reaction score
I am trying to do the hack thingie and it says i need WWF No Mercy (U) (V1.0) [!].z64, but I can't find this version anywhere online, would someone be able to point me in the direction towards one or gimmie some advice?  It's not working with the versions I can find.  Please forgive my general ignorance on these kinds of things.  Relatively new to playing mods.  I can get others working but this one is wonky without the hack and I'd love to enjoy this one at its full working capabilities.  Thanks!

KWG

Promoter
Staff member
Reaction score
SaintLedgewood said:
I am trying to do the hack thingie and it says i need WWF No Mercy (U) (V1.0) [!].z64, but I can't find this version anywhere online, would someone be able to point me in the direction towards one or gimmie some advice?  It's not working with the versions I can find.  Please forgive my general ignorance on these kinds of things.  Relatively new to playing mods.  I can get others working but this one is wonky without the hack and I'd love to enjoy this one at its full working capabilities.  Thanks!

If you download 6.0.4 from the first post, you can find "Showdown 64.z64" in the "Games" folder, already patched. By the way, the version you just mentioned can be found anywhere, although we can't share here.

definition83 said:
Issues with arenas
I've loaded the mod (6.0.4) properly (made sure all the textures and cheats were in the correct places and activated) Everything else in the mod seems to work great. But My arenas are all mixtures of the different arenas, if not some of the default game. (Example ECW TV in Promotion 0001 will have half the ECW apron and have the default arenas). I've also noticed that in the selection screen all the arenas from Promotion 0004 are just random pictures, and the arenas don't even attempt to show. I have looked in the textures folder and I have no images for any of the Promotion 0004 arenas besides the Select Screen folders, that again have images the don't correspond with the said arena.

I do run other mods beautifully like Legends 2.1, Feel the Bang, AKI Evolution and New Generation without problems. But this one I seem to just be missing images. Tried from other versions, but again '0004' wasn't added until the latest.

Sounds like you haven't activated the cheats. System -> Cheats, and then enable "Showdown 64" only, ignore the 3 other options.

SaintLedgewood

Young Lion
Reaction score
KWG said:
SaintLedgewood said:

If you download 6.0.4 from the first post, you can find "Showdown 64.z64" in the "Games" folder, already patched. By the way, the version you just mentioned can be found anywhere, although we can't share here.

definition83 said:
Issues with arenas

Sounds like you haven't activated the cheats. System -> Cheats, and then enable "Showdown 64" only, ignore the 3 other options.

Got ya.  Makes sense, cuz i ended up finding one and the patch worked but I was still having the same issues.  Most likely a me thing.  I have the correct cheat checked, everything kinda goes fine but i have the same arena selection definition83 describes and somethings a bit off with the gameplay.  Back grapples are always reversed (by myself or the cpu) and no matter what difficulty I have it on, almost every move I do that isn’t weak grapple A moves and throwing opponents out of the ring gets reversed.  Also the CPU gets up almost immediately unless i bash them with weapons for a long time.  Pretty sure I matched all the other settings but knowing me I’m sure its something I’m doing wrong.

KWG said:
SaintLedgewood said:

Hmm i just redownloaded the 6.0.4 file cuz i didnt remember there being a showdown 64.z64 in the games folder and my games folder only has the "Apply This Patch..." RUP file. 

And I appreciate the help. I know how much work goes into these things and don’t wanna come off as a whiny ingrate. I’m so happy these mods exist lol.

Chuckiepk

Promoter
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
mohanned85 said:

When you are in the rules menu, press whatever button you have bound to the analog stick pressed right.  There is no music though unless you add it yourself.

definition83 said:
Issues with arenas

Promotion 4 was an unused arena section that was added for people who were asking/wanting to try to add their own arenas into the game.  So, the section was left blank until users added any additional arenas that they were wanting.  On the other hand, the mismatched ring aprons appear to be an issue related to not taking into account some of the original arena textures after some changes were made to the patched rom.  I will try to look into eventually getting that fixed.  While anyone is waiting for this to be done officially, it should not be too hard to do before I get to it by just going into the texture files and realigning/renaming the textures to their current shape.

SaintLedgewood said:
Got ya.  Makes sense, cuz i ended up finding one and the patch worked but I was still having the same issues.  Most likely a me thing.  I have the correct cheat checked, everything kinda goes fine but i have the same arena selection definition83 describes and somethings a bit off with the gameplay.  Back grapples are always reversed (by myself or the cpu) and no matter what difficulty I have it on, almost every move I do that isn’t weak grapple A moves and throwing opponents out of the ring gets reversed.  Also the CPU gets up almost immediately unless i bash them with weapons for a long time.  Pretty sure I matched all the other settings but knowing me I’m sure its something I’m doing wrong.

Hmm i just redownloaded the 6.0.4 file cuz i didnt remember there being a showdown 64.z64 in the games folder and my games folder only has the "Apply This Patch..." RUP file.

And I appreciate the help.  I know how much work goes into these things and don’t wanna come off as a whiny ingrate.  I’m so happy these mods exist lol.

The .z64 file was removed due to us not being able to legally share roms.  However, once you have obtained an original rom (try checking the Internet Archives), the patching process is pretty quick and is can be done exactly how it is described in the instructions.  For the reversals, that is most likely due to some of the health codes that were added to the game.  If you don't want them, they can be deselected in the cheat menu.  They are under the "Showdown 64\Gameplay\" section.  The codes that you might want to try deselecting are either "Harder to Get a Three Count," "Health," or "Occasional Spirit Boost."

SaintLedgewood

Young Lion
Reaction score
SaintLedgewood said:
Got ya.  Makes sense, cuz i ended up finding one and the patch worked but I was still having the same issues.  Most likely a me thing.  I have the correct cheat checked, everything kinda goes fine but i have the same arena selection definition83 describes and somethings a bit off with the gameplay.  Back grapples are always reversed (by myself or the cpu) and no matter what difficulty I have it on, almost every move I do that isn’t weak grapple A moves and throwing opponents out of the ring gets reversed.  Also the CPU gets up almost immediately unless i bash them with weapons for a long time.  Pretty sure I matched all the other settings but knowing me I’m sure its something I’m doing wrong.

And I appreciate the help.  I know how much work goes into these things and don’t wanna come off as a whiny ingrate.  I’m so happy these mods exist lol.

The .z64 file was removed due to us not being able to legally share roms.  However, once you have obtained an original rom (try checking the Internet Archives), the patching process is pretty quick and is can be done exactly how it is described in the instructions.  For the reversals, that is most likely due to some of the health codes that were added to the game.  If you don't want them, they can be deselected in the cheat menu.  They are under the "Showdown 64\Gameplay\" section.  The codes that you might want to try deselecting are either "Harder to Get a Three Count," "Health," or "Occasional Spirit Boost."

Shoot.  Deselected the three cheats and its still happening.  Seems to be no matter what I try I have the same issues:
  • all back grapples always get reversed
  • the only front grapples that don't get reversed are weak A moves and throwing opponent out of the ring
  • all corner grapples always get reversed
  • ladder/cage matches make me select pin/submission and can't be won otherwise
  • the cage textures are all goofed up
Again, I'm assuming this is something along the way I have wrong.  I think I'll try deleting/re-downloading and setting it all up again to make sure I'm all good on my end.

Reaction score
Just installed this today. Looks fantastic. I'm waiting on a controller so I can try it out properly. One question I wanted to ask though (apologies if it's obvious) is how can I change the attire of a character? I can see in the Showdown texture files that a lot of characters have 2 or more attires. In some characters there is an attached formula file which I assume will allow you to change it in Edit mode. But not every character has this. Is there a list of these somewhere I can access?

SaintLedgewood

Young Lion
Reaction score
Chuckiepk said:
mohanned85 said:

When you are in the rules menu, press whatever button you have bound to the analog stick pressed right.  There is no music though unless you add it yourself.

definition83 said:
Issues with arenas

Promotion 4 was an unused arena section that was added for people who were asking/wanting to try to add their own arenas into the game.  So, the section was left blank until users added any additional arenas that they were wanting.  On the other hand, the mismatched ring aprons appear to be an issue related to not taking into account some of the original arena textures after some changes were made to the patched rom.  I will try to look into eventually getting that fixed.  While anyone is waiting for this to be done officially, it should not be too hard to do before I get to it by just going into the texture files and realigning/renaming the textures to their current shape.

SaintLedgewood said:

I deleted everything and redownloaded it.  Seems to have fixed the reversals and difficulty issue.   
I still cant figure out ladder matches though.  It still treats it like a regular match but the ladder and object are still there.  Anyone else have this issue?

hatguy

Young Lion
Reaction score
I am also having the reversing issue despite disabling those particular cheats

arvind13

Young Lion
Reaction score
Hi has anybody had the buffer overrun C++ runtime error when playing a game on project64 emulator? I was playing wwf legends 2.1 no mercy mod and suddenly in the middle of the game it went to black screen and this error message came. some help would be greatly appreciated

drake2569

Young Lion
Reaction score
I am new to modding n64 games, but I love WWF No Mercy.  I am having a hell of a time patching the rom (which is annoying, because it's the first step).  I have downloaded No Mercy from multiple different places, but every time I use the Rom Patcher I get a "Source Rom Checksum Mismatch."  Any help would be appreciated, because I really have no idea.  Thanks.