Showdown 64

TJPunk

Opener
Reaction score
Yeah so... I did a bunch of layout stuff and then fell off of the face of the planet for a bit. Darn personal life stuff.

I'M ALIVE!

Absolutely amazing what is being done with this project. Hopefully my schedule opens back up a bit so I can start contributing to it again.

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
I was just thinking about sending you an email, today! Good to see ya!

Chuckiepk

Promoter
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
To turn on the entrances, disable the cheat code named Showdown 64\Keep On\Skip Intros. However, the code is used because there are a few bugs that occur with entrances that have not been fixed yet.

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
I've done it. It's tough, but possible.

Glad to see others are, as well!

Chuckiepk

Promoter
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I am finally finished with my exams for the semester so I can now get back to working on improving the weapons system and creating the new match type menu. Up first I have a preview for the OVW Championship that will be activated when the OVW arena is selected.

4mQiQJA.png

In addition, I have a preview of the IWA Japan/FMW style barbed wire death match that I have been working on for the new match type menu. I have tried to make it look similar to the match between Cactus Jack and Terry Funk from the finals of the 1995 King of the Death Match tournament. I am almost finished with it. So far, I have succeeded in making the barbed wire ring ropes, the exploding barbed wire boards in the corners, and the reaction/damage for a 10 minute time bomb. All that I have left to do is make the code for the time bomb explosion's visuals and then fix a few bugs. As of right now, this is my favorite match code that I have created so far. The match can get pretty chaotic especially if you invite some friends over to play a 4-way elimination match.

rl2TI3B.png

King Bros

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
Loving the death match so far. I'm guessing they have certain sells when thrown into the corner?

Chuckiepk

Promoter
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Yes, they will sell differently when thrown into the corner. In addition, an explosion sound effect will happen when they are thrown into the corner too.

AKI Man

Legend
Reaction score
Website
s4.zetaboards.com
Chuckiepk said:
I am finally finished with my exams for the semester so I can now get back to working on improving the weapons system and creating the new match type menu. Up first I have a preview for the OVW Championship that will be activated when the OVW arena is selected.

4mQiQJA.png

In addition, I have a preview of the IWA Japan/FMW style barbed wire death match that I have been working on for the new match type menu. I have tried to make it look similar to the match between Cactus Jack and Terry Funk from the finals of the 1995 King of the Death Match tournament. I am almost finished with it. So far, I have succeeded in making the barbed wire ring ropes, the exploding barbed wire boards in the corners, and the reaction/damage for a 10 minute time bomb. All that I have left to do is make the code for the time bomb explosion's visuals and then fix a few bugs. As of right now, this is my favorite match code that I have created so far. The match can get pretty chaotic especially if you invite some friends over to play a 4-way elimination match.

rl2TI3B.png
This is what I have been waiting for a long time. I love the look of that Deathmatch hack. Glad it will have the sells added to them as well. Brilliant!!!

jordyad

Main Eventer
Reaction score
I remember that Wolfpac did a Barbed Wire some years ago maybe you could grab him and use some activator on it

Fizanko

Midcard
Reaction score
Hello

First thanks very much for this amazing mod , i have been playing a few matches with that insanely huge roster and i have such a big smile on my face
:D

But i noticed a problem, some man wrestlers have woman animations, Roddy Piper or Rick Rude by example as i played them in a recent triple threat. Other than that everything seems to run as expected.

I thought maybe i didn't installed things correctly but triple checked the 1st post of this thread and everything is in order :

- Showdown64 5.4 .check
- Project 64 2.1 .check
- Jabo's Direct3D8 1.7.0.57-ver5 plugin used .check
- WWF No Mercy folder in the /textures/ folder .check
- Project64.cht in /Config/ folder .check
- WWF No Mercy.fla in /Save/ folder .check

I was rather puzzled at what it could be, i then decided to check the Cheats as i suddenly remembered i didn't actually enabled them, that could explain those woman animations.
And there, i faced a problem :
Basically there's no cheat listed at all (and so no Showdown64 cheat to enable) , despite the .cht file is in the correct place ?

How can i fix that problem ?
I saw there's a lot of other woman-animated man wrestlers from what i explored of the Showdown64 roster.
Thanks for any help
replying to myself in case some people run into the same problem as me, i found out the source of the problem, it's the actual rom itself.

Back when No Mercy was first released in stores, the first batch of them as affected by a bug, that if you were unlucky to trigger it could wipe out your saved game.
Later they republished a new cart that had the problem fixed :
http://micro-64.com/features/wwfnomercy.shtml

So there's basically 2 US roms, the 1.0 (that has the bug) and the 1.1 (that has the fixed version), the rom used by the cheat file is the 1.0 one, so you'll need this version 1.0 for Showdown64
And then everything work good, the cheats are available and you can enable the required one
Noticing there was a beta for 5.5 with its updated cht file, i removed 5.4 files and used the new ones, enabling only the Showdown64 cheats as instructed.

Playing a few matches and had a lot of funs, but i noticed a strange problems :

I watched an AI-only 40 men Battle Royal and noticed several wrestlers entering after a few elimination did had the movesets of other wrestlers ( Jimmy Hart doing Hogan moves, i saw Austin doing The Rock taunts and Honky Tonk man doing the special of Jake Roberts)
When i played some 1vs1 matches , those wrestlers had their correct moves.

I then noticed those wrestlers in the main menu are "attires" of the wrestlers they copy the moves from in Battle Royal, so is this a limitation of the game that prevent modded movesets to be used by "attires" in the Battle Royal mode , or is there a setting i am missing in the cht file ?

MTZ

Young Lion
Reaction score
in battle royale i always have the same guys come out for me (1p) . it stinks.

thejess2000

Young Lion
Reaction score
Not guilty by reason of insanity your honor, the voices in my wife's head told her to tell me to do it.