Showdown 64

JORAD

Young Lion
Reaction score
Thanks, I appreciate the updated links. I still cannot get this to work properly though, and I'm following all of the instructions.
I'm missing the textures in-game.
Are we still supposed to use PJ64 2.1?

JORAD

Young Lion
Reaction score
Keson said:
Run as administrator.

Double check directory paths.
I've done that.
Not sure what else to try.

Downloaded Project 64 2.1
Installed
Downloaded Showdown64 5.5 beta
unzip
No Mercy folder location: D:/program files x86/Project 64 2.1/Textures/No Mercy/
Save file location: D:/program files x86/Project 64 2.1/save/wwf no mercy.fla
Cheat file: D:/program files x86/Project 64 2.1/config/project64.cht

Run Project64.exe as administrator
advanced settings > remember cheats
launch wwf no mercy.n64

system > cheats > only enable Showdown 64
restart game

and it doesn't work...
It loads the wrestler names and stuff, but I'm not getting any of the custom textures.

portgazhyde

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
The texture folder name should be WWF No Mercy not No Mercy. Check graphic plugin setting and enable hires texture

S.K. Stylez

Backstage Worker
Reaction score
Keson said:
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>S.K. Stylez</dt><dd>Sep 7 2016, 06:56:41 PM</dd></dl><div>
Quoting limited to 2 levels deep
We will find it.[/quote]In match appearances are perfectly fine. The problem was with entrance attires. I've solved that. I've said it before and I'll say it again.....the power of pointers. I've tested this out and it works. By changing a few pointers during entrances you can change the polys of the entrance attires. In VPW2 I changed Misawa's jacket to Giant Baba's robe with a few lines.

Chuckiepk

Promoter
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Here is a video that I made with a preview of a new feature that I was discussing with Keson the other day. Using the NMTool, we can not only use new entrance themes in the game, we can also import custom crowd chants. So, this little preview demonstrates chants that can occur when a wrestler gets a special.

The video also shows off the new attitude bar location code, the new match type menu, the new arena menu, and the new turn on/off entrances prompt code.

<iframe type='text/html' width='420' height='315' src='
' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen=''></iframe>

Fizanko

Midcard
Reaction score
Wow, that crowd reaction to the specials increase the immersion a lot.

Is there going to be some generic crowd sound for this ? I mean you have 200 wrestlers in Showdown64 , finding 200 specific crowd sound may probably prove impossible , especially for the more ancient wrestlers.

The possibility to turn off entrance in the main menu sounds really good.

About the entrances, i saw some bizarre camera move, going up and leading to a black screen of a few seconds for both entrances before going back to the wrestler walking to the ring, is that just a bug or a placeholder ?

JORAD

Young Lion
Reaction score
portgazhyde said:
The texture folder name should be WWF No Mercy not No Mercy. Check graphic plugin setting and enable hires texture
Do you mean select "high level gfx" ? That is selected.

and i made a typo, the texture folder was wwf no mercy.

Does my rom need to have a specific name to link to the texture folder?

TJPunk

Opener
Reaction score
Thanks to those recent posts, I've found out that there was a more recent build than what I had.

Welp, there goes the rest of my night.

JORAD

Young Lion
Reaction score
We're supposed to use the GFX plugin mentioned in the OP, right?

I've tried everything and this doesn't work.

Super bummed out, it looks incredible.

Chuckiepk

Promoter
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Keson said:
bluntfello said:
Why aren't all the uploads on the very first page? This thread is 124 pages and going which makes it hard to find the more recent uploads.
My computer was stolen quite some time ago. I'm on mobile, so if any of the mods would do that, I would be for it, haha
Done.

Fizanko

Midcard
Reaction score
JORAD said:

Showndown64 (and nearly every other mods) are only working for the USA rom 1.0
It does not work on the PAL (European) rom or does not work on the USA rom 1.1 (the one with the real No Mercy cartridge save bug that affected the US real game fixed , the PAL version used the same fix anyways), the reason is that they do not have the same memory offsets and address, so one would need to redo completely a mod and cheat codes in order to have them work on a PAL or USA 1.1 version.

So make sure you're using that USA rom 1.0

Now in case you have multiple P64 2.1 directories (i do as i play with several mods, each one use a different P64 2.1 directory) to change the rom path (in File -> Choose Rom Directory ) and the texture path (in Options -> Settings -> Directory)
P64 2.1 has a buggy way to remember the texture path and rom directory setting if you use multiple version of P64 , so make sure it points to the correct directory.

Be careful with installing anything in C:\program files\ if you have window 7/8/10 , microsoft having changed how it works, it may prevent some old programs like P64 to work 100% correctly, better put the p64 directory in C:\ in my opinion that is unaffected.

as my P64 + showdown64 is in C:\Project64 2.1 SH64\
Here is how the directories look :

Now what's important is the plugin used, some mods are dependant on the Rice/Mudlord plugin, some are dependant on the Jabo 1.7 plugin (that comes with P64 2.1) , both plugin use different dump texture naming convention unfortunately, so a mod need a specific plugin enabled to work.

In the case of Showdown64 , it's the Jabo 1.7 plugin that must be enabled, so check in Options -> Settings -> Plugins that you have selected the Jabo 1.7 plugin :

Something new to P64 2.1 (in comparison to older version) is that you can have rom-specific settings.
It means that in case you have modified a rom specific setting, it will then ignore the global one, i mean if you set the graphic plugin to Jabo 1.7 and for whatever reason you have set the no mercy rom specific setting to Mudlord/Rice, the game will use Mudlord/Rice and so will not load any of your Showdown64 textures.

If you have not modified anything in the rom specific section, it should look like that, telling P64 to use the "system" plugin (the one in the global options)

Now important too, make sure that P64 "remember" the cheats you have enabled, or in your next launch it will ignore your enabled cheat and Showdown64 will be broken
It's at Options -> Settings -> Advanced :

Now at Options -> Settings -> Options, make sure the "hide advanced settings" is NOT enabled in case you want to modify some of the plugins advanced options

Finally right click on your no mercy rom in P64 rom list and select "Edit Cheats"
http://i.imgur.com/AqAItz5.jpg

Then in the list, enable the "Showdown64" one (that contains all the required code to make Showdown64 works.

This should allow you to play this great mod

Chuckiepk

Promoter
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Fizanko said:
Wow, that crowd reaction to the specials increase the immersion a lot.

Is there going to be some generic crowd sound for this ? I mean you have 200 wrestlers in Showdown64 , finding 200 specific crowd sound may probably prove impossible , especially for the more ancient wrestlers.

The possibility to turn off entrance in the main menu sounds really good.

About the entrances, i saw some bizarre camera move, going up and leading to a black screen of a few seconds for both entrances before going back to the wrestler walking to the ring, is that just a bug or a placeholder ?
I will most likely not make crowd chants for everyone in the game because of the reasons that you gave and the fact that there are currently 281 finished wrestlers in the game with more coming soon.

The black screen that you saw is the game transitioning camera views from the entrance stage area to the ringside area. I will try to get rid of it but I don't know if it is possible.

portgazhyde

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
Since character specific chant is possible now it would be great if we can add voice to the finisher. For example when Hansen using lariat the announcer would scream lariatto etc.

bluntfello

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Would be cool if after certain guys finishers JR wold say "bah gawd, he's got a family!"

dafamily

Main Eventer
Reaction score
bluntfello said:
Would be cool if after certain guys finishers JR wold say "bah gawd, he's got a family!"
LOL, that or either Joey Styles famous "ohh, my god" quote lol!!

JORAD

Young Lion
Reaction score
Fizanko said:
JORAD said:

Showndown64 (and nearly every other mods) are only working for the USA rom 1.0
It does not work on the PAL (European) rom or does not work on the USA rom 1.1 (the one with the real No Mercy cartridge save bug that affected the US real game fixed , the PAL version used the same fix anyways), the reason is that they do not have the same memory offsets and address, so one would need to redo completely a mod and cheat codes in order to have them work on a PAL or USA 1.1 version.

So make sure you're using that USA rom 1.0

Now in case you have multiple P64 2.1 directories (i do as i play with several mods, each one use a different P64 2.1 directory) to change the rom path (in File -> Choose Rom Directory ) and the texture path (in Options -> Settings -> Directory)
P64 2.1 has a buggy way to remember the texture path and rom directory setting if you use multiple version of P64 , so make sure it points to the correct directory.

Be careful with installing anything in C:\program files\ if you have window 7/8/10 , microsoft having changed how it works, it may prevent some old programs like P64 to work 100% correctly, better put the p64 directory in C:\ in my opinion that is unaffected.

as my P64 + showdown64 is in C:\Project64 2.1 SH64\
Here is how the directories look :

Now what's important is the plugin used, some mods are dependant on the Rice/Mudlord plugin, some are dependant on the Jabo 1.7 plugin (that comes with P64 2.1) , both plugin use different dump texture naming convention unfortunately, so a mod need a specific plugin enabled to work.

In the case of Showdown64 , it's the Jabo 1.7 plugin that must be enabled, so check in Options -> Settings -> Plugins that you have selected the Jabo 1.7 plugin :

Something new to P64 2.1 (in comparison to older version) is that you can have rom-specific settings.
It means that in case you have modified a rom specific setting, it will then ignore the global one, i mean if you set the graphic plugin to Jabo 1.7 and for whatever reason you have set the no mercy rom specific setting to Mudlord/Rice, the game will use Mudlord/Rice and so will not load any of your Showdown64 textures.

If you have not modified anything in the rom specific section, it should look like that, telling P64 to use the "system" plugin (the one in the global options)

Now important too, make sure that P64 "remember" the cheats you have enabled, or in your next launch it will ignore your enabled cheat and Showdown64 will be broken
It's at Options -> Settings -> Advanced :

Now at Options -> Settings -> Options, make sure the "hide advanced settings" is NOT enabled in case you want to modify some of the plugins advanced options

Finally right click on your no mercy rom in P64 rom list and select "Edit Cheats"
http://i.imgur.com/AqAItz5.jpg

Then in the list, enable the "Showdown64" one (that contains all the required code to make Showdown64 works.

This should allow you to play this great mod
I really appreciate the detailed post.

I got it working. I moved it from D:/program files (X86) to D:/

That was it.

wow.

EDIT: Also, Am I missing something? I definitely do not have 280 wrestlers to choose from. Am I supposed to have Razor Ramon in addition to Scott Hall? I don't.

Chuckiepk

Promoter
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Version 6.0, which has over 280 wrestlers, has not been released yet.

As for the crowd chants and announcers talking, if anyone can find a nice, clear video of the sound that they want on YouTube, I might include it.

JORAD

Young Lion
Reaction score
Chuckiepk said:
Version 6.0, which has over 280 wrestlers, has not been released yet.

As for the crowd chants and announcers talking, if anyone can find a nice, clear video of the sound that they want on YouTube, I might include it.
You're doing god's work.
I'd just like to let you know that I'm sorry I'm so ignorant to what's going on here. I only recently found out about this project and I'm really excited about it. I'm sorry if I come off as being rude or anything. I'm completely gracious for the work that's being done here.