Showdown 64

Chuckiepk

Promoter
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
The VPW patch might not work because it is a special patch file that only works with ninja. Do you know any patching programs that do work for you?

jmagee22

Opener
Reaction score
Chuckiepk said:
The VPW patch might not work because it is a special patch file that only works with ninja. Do you know any patching programs that do work for you?
I'm trying to use JIPS, Ive got the program and running but still nothing. I can try using Ninja and see what happens.

EDIT: Ninja definitely wont open for me.

Katanarama13

Young Lion
Reaction score
Hold up, so is there something up with the file or are the last post just about a general issue with Ninja? I was looking for 6.0 and it appears that it still isn't up yet

jmagee22

Opener
Reaction score
Katanarama13 said:
Hold up, so is there something up with the file or are the last post just about a general issue with Ninja? I was looking for 6.0 and it appears that it still isn't up yet
It's not up but im trying to get Ninja to open for me so when 6.0 gets released I can be good to go.

Chuckiepk

Promoter
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Katanarama13 said:
Version 6.0 is still uploading. The patch is needed because V6.0 runs on a hacked ROM and because we are not allowed to share direct links to ROM files on this forum. So to get around this problem I am releasing a file to patch over an original ROM that users have already obtained. His problem was that he uses Mac instead of Windows and he doesn't think that the Ninja patcher program works on Mac.

I will try to include two different patch files in the release. One that can be used with the Ninja patcher and an alternative IPS patch that can be used with a Mac version of IPS.

Katanarama13

Young Lion
Reaction score
Chuckiepk said:
Katanarama13 said:
Version 6.0 is still uploading. The patch is needed because V6.0 runs on a hacked ROM and because we are not allowed to share direct links to ROM files on this forum. So to get around this problem I am releasing a file to patch over an original ROM that users have already obtained. His problem was that he uses Mac instead of Windows and he doesn't think that the Ninja patcher program works on Mac.

I will try to include two different patch files in the release. One that can be used with the Ninja patcher and an alternative IPS patch that can be used with a Mac version of IPS.
I see, I was just a little confused there for a sec

Chuckiepk

Promoter
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
jmagee22 said:
Chuckiepk said:
I'm trying to use JIPS, Ive got the program and running but still nothing. I can try using Ninja and see what happens.

EDIT: Ninja definitely wont open for me.
Are you able to open Lunar IPS or Multipatch on your computer?

Lunar IPS: http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/240/
MultiPatch: http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/746/

jmagee22

Opener
Reaction score

jmagee22

Opener
Reaction score
Chuckiepk said:
Which of the two programs were you able to open?

What do you mean by "how do I keep the rom to be valid?"
Both multipatch and LunarIPS.

I used the VPW patch to just get a feel for it even though it's meant for ninja. but if the Valid Rom message comes up how exactly do I go about it.

jmagee22

Opener
Reaction score
Chuckiepk said:
It might be because Ninja uses .rup patch files while the other ones use .ips patch files.
Definitely makes sense. So how should I go about this. I want to be sure that everything will run smooth once 6.0 comes out.

Katanarama13

Young Lion
Reaction score
So besides the roster additions and arenas, what kind of changes can we expect with this update? Are there any significant gameplay changes?

Chuckiepk

Promoter
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>Katanarama13</dt><dd> </dd></dl><div>So besides the roster additions and arenas, what kind of changes can we expect with this update? Are there any significant gameplay changes?[/quote]
There are lots of new things. Other than the new wrestlers and arenas, I completely changed the exhibition menu so that many new match types are selectable such as Hell in a Cell, Barbed Wire Deathmatch, Table, TLC, and Multi-Man Cage matches. In addition, I updated the weapon overhaul system that I made for previous versions of Showdown to now include new weapons for the new arenas. I also added a few smaller details to the game such as less intrusive attitude bars while in-match and attire modifications such as Flashman/Jordyad's non-mirrored head texture hack and S.K. Stylez's longer shorts hack.

<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>jmagee22</dt><dd> </dd></dl><div>Definitely makes sense. So how should I go about this. I want to be sure that everything will run smooth once 6.0 comes out.
[/quote]
The only way that I can think of to see if it works is to just try it out once it is released.

jmagee22

Opener
Reaction score
Chuckiepk said:
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>Katanarama13</dt><dd> </dd></dl><div>So besides the roster additions and arenas, what kind of changes can we expect with this update? Are there any significant gameplay changes?
There are lots of new things. Other than the new wrestlers and arenas, I completely changed the exhibition menu so that many new match types are selectable such as Hell in a Cell, Barbed Wire Deathmatch, Table, TLC, and Multi-Man Cage matches. In addition, I updated the weapon overhaul system that I made for previous versions of Showdown to now include new weapons for the new arenas. I also added a few smaller details to the game such as less intrusive attitude bars while in-match and attire modifications such as Flashman/Jordyad's non-mirrored head texture hack and S.K. Stylez's longer shorts hack.

<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>jmagee22</dt><dd> </dd></dl><div>Definitely makes sense. So how should I go about this. I want to be sure that everything will run smooth once 6.0 comes out.
[/quote]
The only way that I can think of to see if it works is to just try it out once it is released.[/quote]Alright fair enough. Looking forward to it.

BilkyBob

Midcard
Reaction score
Def looking forward to 6.0 myself..I kept checking back to this site all day to see if the patch was loaded.
:D

jmagee22

Opener
Reaction score
BilkyBob said:
Def looking forward to 6.0 myself..I kept checking back to this site all day to see if the patch was loaded.
:D
Same here lol.. Between 6.0 and the midnight release of 2K17 I dont know what's better.