Showdown 64

Katanarama13

Young Lion
Reaction score
The imgur album is only showing one screenshot of the emulator settings, is that all there is to get the game working? My version of pj64 also lacks the hi_res folder, should i just make it and dump the textures there?

Chuckiepk

Promoter
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Something might have happened to the gallery that Keson had on there before. I replaced it with an album of screenshots of the settings that I use. If you don't already have the hires_texture folder, then you should make one. The "WWF No Mercy" folder will then be placed inside of the "\Plugin\GFX\hires_texture\" folder.

A

AlexWrightGOAT

Crowd Member
Created an account just to say how much I enjoy this mod. Seriously great work.

I also have one question... with 6.0, the arena-specific easter eggs (Hogan attires, Goldberg on Nitro) no longer seem to work for me...well, they do work, they're just in the wrong arenas. Is there a way to fix this?

portgazhyde

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
900mb again :p Need to wait someone to upload the update file without those textures.

BilkyBob

Midcard
Reaction score
I keep getting the blue screen of death every time I try to load 6.0. I followed all instructions and patched my ROM. The screen says " service screen exception" My computer runs Showdown 5.5 just fine. Do you think it isn't powerful enough to run 6.0? Thanks :) I'm running windows 7 64bit.

Chuckiepk

Promoter
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>AlexWrightGOAT</dt><dd> </dd></dl><div>Created an account just to say how much I enjoy this mod. Seriously great work.

I also have one question... with 6.0, the arena-specific easter eggs (Hogan attires, Goldberg on Nitro) no longer seem to work for me...well, they do work, they're just in the wrong arenas. Is there a way to fix this?[/quote]
This happens because of the new arena select menu that triples the amount of arenas that are selectable. In the older version, the arenas were arranged differently. This causes the arena specific easter eggs to still work but just in the wrong arenas. I decided not to fix these for the current version because I was planning on completely redoing how alternate attires are selected in the wrestler select screen in a future version. If you are still wanting it fixed in the current version, then you are able to do it by changing the addys in the arena activators of the attire codes.

<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>BilkyBob</dt><dd> </dd></dl><div>I keep getting the blue screen of death every time I try to load 6.0. I followed all instructions and patched my ROM. The screen says " service screen exception" My computer runs Showdown 5.5 just fine. Do you think it isn't powerful enough to run 6.0? Thanks :) I'm running windows 7 64bit.[/quote]
I have never had this happen to me so I am not really sure why it is happening to you. After doing a little bit of Google searching, some sources have said that you might have a driver issue.

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
In November I'll be back to hacking and will pact Tue arena specific Easter Eggs. Maybe add one or two.

Great work Chuckie, you're amazing. :)

DynamiteTommy

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
I just finished setting up V6.0 (correctly, I think )

and I am getting this error message:

kbNVf25.png

:comp2:

Fizanko

Midcard
Reaction score
Was so happy that i managed to have the whole thing downloaded without a corrupt file as a result, but it looks like there's a game breaking bug, unless i'm missing something in the install (i didn't forgot to patch the rom, i did it with the lunar ips and followed the mod install intructions twices in case i was skipping a step)

After quickly looking at the impressive amount of wrestlers to see who was new in comparison to 5.5 , i decided to go with a fatal 4 way match (on normal condition).

Started to select Kenny Omega (he's on the AJ Styles slot) and from then it is impossible to do anything else, the game as expected for when i want to select the 2nd guy bring me back to AJ Stykes, but no button work anymore, the game isn't frozen as AJ Styles is still breathing, so no error message unfortunately.

As i had only the "Showdown64" cheats enabled (as instructed), i decided to give a try to enable the "Edit Hacks" in case they were needed but then the game launch with a Fatal Error.

Decided to disable all the interface cheats from inside the Showdown64 main category and while it indeed change the interface a lot , the problem is still occuring, once in Fatal4 ways i select Kenny Omega, it's back to AJ Styles and nothing works anymore.

Tried with other wrestlers and after selecting Steve Austin (on The Rock slot) , back to the same problem (except of course the game is stucj on The Rock)

Same problem happens with Triple Threat (normal conditions) and Tag Team (normal conditions too)

I gave a try to a normal 1 vs 1 match and to my horror, same bug, after selecting Kenny Omega , back to AJ Style and nothing will work anymore

I'm clueless at why it's happening.

EDIT : i found the source of the problem and it's quite surprising to me.
I prefer the nrage plugin to manage my game controls, i never had any problem in any No Mercy mod before with it (including Showdown64 5.5).
But looking at my settings i noticed i had the Controller 2 "plugged" button enabled, odd as i didn't remembered having it on (especially as i play alone on my computer) so bu curiosity i disabled that 2nd controller and launched Showdown64

And it worked without a problem, i could select more than a wrestler as it should.
First time something like that happened to me , so in case someone that like Nrage for the input is running into the same bug, make sure you have only 1 controller plugged because you may accidentally select 2 players in a game instead of only you and all CPU .

dafamily

Main Eventer
Reaction score
damn, didn`t expect this to be released this soon lol!! Videos will be coming shortly guys!!

TheBITW44

Young Lion
Reaction score
IDK if we are allowed to make suggestions/requests but I would really like to see Hiroshi Tanahashi and possibly Okada and Naito added to the mod. They would really round out the whole dream roster of Showdown. Sorry if suggestions aren't allowed!

Chuckiepk

Promoter
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>DynamiteTommy</dt><dd> </dd></dl><div>I just finished setting up V6.0 (correctly, I think )

kbNVf25.png

[/quote]
What happens when you press the "OK" button?

<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>TheBITW44</dt><dd> </dd></dl><div>IDK if we are allowed to make suggestions/requests but I would really like to see Hiroshi Tanahashi and possibly Okada and Naito added to the mod. They would really round out the whole dream roster of Showdown. Sorry if suggestions aren't allowed![/quote]
I am in the process of getting at least Hiroshi Tanahashi and Kazuchika Okada into the game. They were not in the current version because I didn't think that what I had for them so far was complete enough to include just yet.

<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>goldeneragaming</dt><dd> </dd></dl><div>How do I switch between the different promotions in the arenas?[/quote]
When you are on the arena select menu, press either C-Left, C-Down, or C-Right.

Reaction score
Chuckiepk said:
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>DynamiteTommy</dt><dd> </dd></dl><div>I just finished setting up V6.0 (correctly, I think )

kbNVf25.png

What happens when you press the "OK" button?

<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>TheBITW44</dt><dd> </dd></dl><div>IDK if we are allowed to make suggestions/requests but I would really like to see Hiroshi Tanahashi and possibly Okada and Naito added to the mod. They would really round out the whole dream roster of Showdown. Sorry if suggestions aren't allowed![/quote]
I am in the process of getting at least Hiroshi Tanahashi and Kazuchika Okada into the game. They were not in the current version because I didn't think that what I had for them so far was complete enough to include just yet.

<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>goldeneragaming</dt><dd> </dd></dl><div>How do I switch between the different promotions in the arenas?[/quote]
When you are on the arena select menu, press either C-Left, C-Down, or C-Right.[/quote]Thanks so much!

jmagee22

Opener
Reaction score
Is anyone else having issues where textures aren't properly loading like attires?

DynamiteTommy

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
I got it all straightened out, works great. Thank you for all of your hard work.

:10

dafamily

Main Eventer
Reaction score
here is another match for you guys:

With Version 6.0 I noticed a few things:

For Nakamura I noticed that when you do the weak grapple with down + B where he does the multiple kicks move, the opponent glitches out and whenever you try to grapple them they are a few feet away lol!!

When doing the upper ground submission on the opponent outside of the ring, afterwards, the opponent will popup like he's back in the ring, even though he's not!!

The entrances, I noticed that the entrances don't work on certain match types like the Cage or Hell in a Cell Match, they always seem to glitch out the emulator and I have to reset the game!!

Hell in a Cell, I guess that match only works in the Hell in a Cell arena right, I tried it on other arenas and it doesn't work!!

Death Match, I noticed whenever you throw the opponent outside the ring the game always freezes and I have to reset the game, I noticed this happens in just normal matches too!!

And that's about all I could find for now guys, I'll let you guys know if I could find anything else!!