Showdown 64

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
Good to see you, brother! And hey, take your time. Showdown will ALWAYS be a WIP, and new things will always be experimented with.

Makes me happy to see ya, man. :)

bluntfello

Main Eventer
Reaction score
That text is sexy as hell. How do you do it, photoshop or a website or what?

TJPunk

Opener
Reaction score
Photoshop. There are several different layers and effects per element in play here to make the text look like it does.

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
Dafont is a fantastic starting point for sexy text. Great site of open source stuff.

Just throwing that out there.

TJPunk

Opener
Reaction score
I second the DaFont reference. That's where pretty much all of the base text I use for this menu stuff comes from.

mrdll88

Young Lion
Reaction score
I was wondering is it possible that more attires will be made for the Ultimate Warrior? he had so many. He usually wore a different outfit every time he entered the ring so I was curious if it is possible to add more for him

marillmau5

Opener
Reaction score
just a suggestion maybe you can make the icon of the wrestler selects a logo instead of showing the 4 wreslters available. for example one icon is the heart foundation, dx, nwo, legends, hardcore, luchadores, nxt. as the icon

dmc83

Young Lion
Reaction score
Hi, new guy here. I noticed in the cheats something about hollywood hogan attire. I searched and found a video of how to get it in 5.5, but that doesn't seem to work for me in 6.0. Is it possible to use it in 6.0? I also noticed a checkbox in cheats to store finishers. How do I do that? Thanks

membball84

Young Lion
Reaction score
I have done everything exactly how you said but the textures dont load, ... ok so let me explain what I have done .... I downloaded PJ64. I downloaded showdown64 .... ok then I put the cheats from showdown into the config folder in PJ64 it already had the basic cheats file in there so I replaced that one with yours .... then I put the .fla file in the save folder in PJ64. then I went into the plugin folder in PJ64 then into GFX folder but I didnt have a "hires_textures" folder in there at all .... all that was in it was application extensions "Jabo_direct3d8.dll" and another application extension "PJ64Glide.dll" ..... so what I did was I created a new folder in the GFX folder and named it "hires_textures" and put your wwf no mercy folder in it from showdown64 ...... ok then I enabled cheats in PJ64 only checked showdown64 .... I then went to directories under the options menu .... I left the default "apppath\plugin\" checked, same for save, same for the next "save" ... same for screenshots, .. then I selected the newly created folder I made "hires_textures" for the plugin texture directory .... hit apply then ok ... started game ... and I see the legends names but the pics are still the regular no mercy people, the menu looks same etc .... so is there something I am doing wrong?

Fizanko

Midcard
Reaction score
Make sure the AppPath\textures\ is set to
...\Plugin\GFX\

and NOT to
...\Plugin\GFX\hires_texture\

Make sure that the graphic plugin is set to Jabo 1.7 , not to Mudlord/Rice or other graphic plugin.

edit :
and make sure the folder you created is named
hires_texture
and NOT
hires_textures
there must not be a "s" at the end of texture in that folder name

membball84

Young Lion
Reaction score
Man, thisis so frustrating because I am doing everything exactly how it is supposed to be done lol .... thank you for feedback btw .... so the actual rom that I patched ... I put that inside a folder named "rom" inside the PJ64 folder correct and load it up from there? ..... other than that I have the directory correct and the graphic plugin correct etc. but still not loading textures.

membball84

Young Lion
Reaction score
Ok this is a dumb question but what do you mean? I put the textures in the project 64 plugin folder in a folder I name "hires_texture"-
Correction. I put that in the gfx folder in the plugin folder in the project 64 folder so it looks like this project 64/plugin/gfx/hires_texture/wwf no mercy/interface, arenas, etc.

membball84

Young Lion
Reaction score
I got it to work finally lol I was running 2.3 instead of 2.1 lol ..... so I did notice and just want to make sure I am correct in this .... all the wrestlers look great except they all have like 2 ears plastered on the back of their head, ... is that the way they are supposed to look?

Fizanko

Midcard
Reaction score
This probably is because your P64 2.1 is not using the correct rom folder in which you have your patched rom (assuming you patched it as instructed for Showdown64), and P64 does not autodetect it when you use a new P64 directory

So make sure to go to your P64 Showdown64 -> File -> Choose Rom Directory and point it to the actual rom directory that contain the patched rom.

hulkster

Opener
Reaction score
You might as well make a custom windows .exe portable file for this game that includes the rom, textures, and all the settings configured for the noobs.