[SPOILERS] TNA at crisis point?

Tired

Legend
Reaction score
The bad news just keeps on rolling in for TNA Wrestling.

In case you were not aware, a high number of wrestlers have either been released, or have asked to be released. Over the past year, TNA have greatly cut down the number of shows they put on, filming up to 4 episodes of Impact in one night. They have also cancelled a number of smaller events at short notice as well as a high-money tour of China. And their partnership with Wrestle-1 in Japan is dead. This already meant that a lot of TNA wrestlers were not making that much money; but many of them have been paid really late multiple times this year.

The decision now is to run TNA as a different company. It will no longer be a wrestling company, but a company that produces wrestling-based television shows. Which means that TNA will now be hiring outside wrestlers for their individual shows instead of signing people to contracts.

Knux was released quietly a month ago. Both Gunner and Samuel Shaw were let go 2 weeks ago, despite both of them having signed a 3-year deal only 18 months earlier. Both James Storm and Magnus have asked for their releases and will be finishing with the company at Slammiversary. Austin Aries has already chosen not to renew his contract which expires after Slammiversary. Both Tiffany Tyrrell and Awesome Kong have both been told that they will not be re-signed either. They will all continue to appear on TNA television for some time to come due to them working pre-taped shows.

TNA has no choice but to grant releases to whoever wants them. Talents know that they will not be making the money promised in their contracts due to the limited number of shows they work. Also, their contracts make it harder for them to book non-TNA appearances or get a tryout for WWE or Ring Of Honor.

Rumours of former co-founder Jeff Jarrett buying out TNA are completely false. However, he has brokered a new deal with TNA which will see him use TNA talent in his shows. Expect many of them to eventually defect to Global Force Wrestling, as Magnus has already done.

KG 24

Main Eventer
Reaction score
PinkFloyd said:
Another Triumph Win for WWE
Not even WWE's fault. TNA has made a buttload of mistakes, most at their own ignorance, that lead to this. NXT, Lucha Underground, ROH, and NJPW has pretty much taken over as the main focus for most wrestling fans outside of the WWE's influence, of course. Getting canned by Spike and now Destination America is a sign that even though the TNA's in-ring product is pretty good, it just doesn't bring in viewers, unlike the other shows mentioned. The fact that TNA should have been the #2 American wrestling company and is probably fighting for that spot, IF not fighting for #3 with whoever else, after 13 years, shows that the window has closed for TNA's opportunity. Remember when the report that TNA wasn't going to be renewed by Destination America came out and pretty much every TNA wrestler and fan got pissed and threw insults at the man who reported the news? Yeah, not a good look for the company image, if it wasn't already shattered by the YEARS of incompetence.

I think I might sound a little harsh in this rant, but I'm not saying anything that isn't at least 90% true. I don't want TNA to go away... it's more like I want to stop watching a train wreck that's been going on for about 1-5 years.

PinkFloyd

Midcard
Reaction score
What I mean is that another big Wrestling company falls like WCW, ECW, ETC...

S.K. Stylez

Backstage Worker
Reaction score
TNA isn't what it was before. I enjoyed watching it during the Asylum days. The way things are now is just ridiculous. The TV tapings are a joke. They're taped so far in advance, it ruins the product. It's silly that you have a title change during a set of tapings, then you have a live PPV where storylines aren't followed through and the former champion is still champion and all this other bullcrap. Then the next show isn't a fallout show from the PPV. I don't like watching a product where it doesn't flow smoothly and the production is everywhere.

PinkFloyd

Midcard
Reaction score
I always thought those tape interviews were a fucking joke. It's like I'm watching a movie but then I see a match so I have to remind myself I'm watching wrestling
Be lieve it or not I grew up watching a little bit of TNA, Most of what I remember is the wrestlers and Abyss beating the shit out of Kurt Angle

AKI Man

Legend
Reaction score
Website
s4.zetaboards.com
:sgctc: TNA is genuinely a train wreck these days. The production is joke and the roster is so thin we are practically seeing the same shit week after week. TNA were booming circa 2004-2006. How they ended up like this is tragic. Fuck you Dixie.

S.K. Stylez

Backstage Worker
Reaction score
And it seems like PWI will not be recognising TNA's World Title, as a World Title. LOL

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
To their credit, they don't recognize NJPW's world title or ROH's, either. They have rankings for them, but they only consider there to be one true world title in wrestling now, and that is the WWE Heavyweight Championship.

PinkFloyd

Midcard
Reaction score
Keson said:
they only consider there to be one true world title in wrestling now, and that is the WWE Heavyweight Championship.
Only used for most popular wrestlers to have a spot they jack off to when there merchandise is selling and have money(and hos)

PinkFloyd

Midcard
Reaction score
WWE Heavyweight title in my opinion is pretty much a title for the Most popular wrestler everyone likes. The title also is used to increase a Wrestler's popularity even though I already know this but I'm probably just ranting because another wrestling show is bombed. Also WWE has been too childish and predictable and I want to find a good wrestling show :(

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
ROH and TNA are both good shows, I just started ROH but I like it. Lucha Underground is very good stuff.