The 50 Best Professional Wrestlers Of 2011 Named

a3l_public

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Website
s4.zetaboards.com
For the eighteenth year, Power Slam magazine presents The PS 50, which ranks the 50 best-performing wrestlers in the industry. Rankings in The PS 50 are basted on grapplers’ in-ring showings over a 12-month period (December 1, 2010 through November 30, 2011).

1. Hiroshi Tanahashi
2. Randy Orton
3. Davey Richards
4. Prince Devitt
5. Shingo Takagi
6. Christian
7. Kurt Angle
8. C.M. Punk
9. Kota Ibush
10. Takashi Sugiura
11. KENTA
12. Go Shiozaki
13. PAC
14. Akira Tozawa
15. Hirooki Goto
16. Eddie Edwards
17. BxB Hulk
18. Tetsuya Naito
19. AJ Styles
20. Shinsuke Nakamura
21. Masaaki Mochizuki
22. Bobby Roode
23. Rey Mysterio
24. Kenny Omega
25. Sheamus
26. Antonio Cesaro
27. CIMA
28. Katsuhiko Nakajima
29. Masato Yoshino
30. Chris Hero
31. Dragon Kid
32. Jay Briscoe
33. Ricochet
34. Mark Briscoe
35. Kevin Steen
36. Yuji Nagata
37. James Storm
38. Dolph Ziggler
39. Daniel Bryan
40. El Generico
41. Alberto Del Rio
42. Ryusuke Taguchi
43. Austin Aries
44. Jeff Jarrett
45. Kofi Kingston
46. Bully Ray
47. Christopher Daniels
48. The Miz
49. John Morrison
50. Kenny King

TDK

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Seems kind of subjective to me. Some of the lower guys on the list can really work so I'd be inclined to move 'em up past a few of the 'riding on past laurels' guys.

Tired

Legend
Reaction score
Just to be clear, this is very different from the PWI 500. While the PWI try to cover as much of the Northern Hemisphere as possible, Power Slam focuses strictly upon North America, Mexico, United Kingdom, Ireland and Japan.

Success in countries that is not so easy to watch in the UK is considered greater than WWE, TNA, ROH or CZW (to keep it "balanced").

TheDoctor

Legend
Reaction score
Tanahashi is my fave wrestler for the past 8 years and is amazing, But Orton ranked above Davey Richards is retarded, there is no way on God's green earth Orton has ever had a match half as good as Davey's worst.

Tired

Legend
Reaction score
There is no way on earth that Randy Orton at his best is better than Stevie Richard's at his worst.

TDK

Main Eventer
Reaction score
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>M.</dt><dd>Dec 23 2011, 10:14:48 PM</dd></dl><div>Bully Ray... top 50?[/quote]Ya I know, seems a crime...

But if you turn the list upside down, he's top five! :mock:

AKI Man

Legend
Reaction score
Website
s4.zetaboards.com
I bought the Powerslam Magazine to see the Top 50 wrestlers of 2011 and it pretty accurate, apart from a few WWE wrestlers being higher than much more deserving ROH and Puro wrestlers. A lot of the ranks are merrited and even Bully Ray deserves to be in this! Have you seen his promo's? Hell! Even he has lost the fat and is looking his most muscular ever!

Tanahashi totally deserves No 1. He is the best wrestler in the world today, and not CM Punk. Consistanty outperforms in every match he is in.

jcsix

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Tanahashi? Really? REALLY?

I'm a Puro guy, but I think hes the John Cena of Japan, I find none of his maches exciting. I cried when Kojima lost to him for the title.

TheDoctor

Legend
Reaction score
jcsix said:
Tanahashi? Really? REALLY?

I'm a Puro guy, but I think hes the John Cena of Japan, I find none of his maches exciting. I cried when Kojima lost to him for the title.
I keeelllll jooooooooo!!!!

Super El Guapo

Main Eventer
Reaction score
What? are you delirious? this ''Top 50'' list looks like it was made as a joke, I can understand why half of the guys made the list but Jeff Jarrett and Bubba Ray thats just insane and with half hearted Sheamus at 25 and Christian at number 6, sure most are awesome entertainers but honestly when was the last time Christian had a good ''WRESTLING'' match? and if the ranks are based on merit what is the fucking point of having a top 50? it would just be Hogan, Austin and Angle top three forever,or maybe I have forgotten what ''wrestling'' is or its changed and nobody told me ether way Fuck the PG era and fuck the modern day wrestling fan... Randy fucking Orton number 2? don't get me started on that fucking oversight.

Tired

Legend
Reaction score
It's a lot more accurate than the WWE's list of all-timers.

TDK

Main Eventer
Reaction score
RagNaRoc said:
It's a lot more accurate than the WWE's list of all-timers.
Come on now, Patterson only ranked 30th. An obvious oversight. :mock: