The new way

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrdoa

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
I think this is a great idea. Most people learn to mod by editing someone else's work anyway. I have loads of stuff that I never released because it included one or two textures someone else made. I think this will stimulate the board because it's been a little quite around here lately

Meh.

Midcard
Reaction score
Anybody who tries to resurrect NMZ, would be clutching at something that died a long time ago; it would be nothing more than a pipe dream to those elite members, who passively deemed themselves better or higher than others. The people who try resurrect, are people who just want power and control of No Mercy modding.

NMZ's demise is the best out-come possible. I always knew it would be it's own demise, people who adore power drive each other away in the end.

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
The funny part about it is, if a lot of the people in charge weren't so obsessed with keeping it to themselves and not open to the public, an internet archive would have saved it. All that information could be recovered.

If that isn't shooting yourself in the foot, I don't know what is.

No Mercy is fun again, we don't have stupid squabbles about textures credits (or any other stupid internet witch hunts), and we certainly don't have some elitist losers picking apart every new guy's stuff out of spite. The only people still hanging on to that elitist attitude carried over from NMZ are sad excuses of flesh who need to go outside, or eat a fruit cup or something. Push ups are good, too.

Monarch

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
SLX said:
I'm wholeheartedly behind this, and we should have done it ages ago.

A quick trip down memory lane for us old timers...You couldn't survive in the NMZ-community pre-2011 with your own forum (Such as my No Mercy Modstation)if you didn't follow the NMZ "rules". If you didn't, you'd have your forum hawked by NMZ spies to make sure you didn't post "stolen" textures, and have your board classed as 'shitty', 'a "B" board', ect. So basically, allowing free exchange of texture projects and information off the NMZ grid could sink your reputation. I'm glad we've moved beyond that monolithic era.

Psstt, honestly with NMZ gone, the community is back in the hands of the players, and out of the hands of the "elite" that towed the status quo.

Everyone who wanted to mod wanted in NMZ, and if they couldn't get in, most would give up. Without that board, the 3rd-party forums can actually see growth without NMZ scaring people off. OSR doesn't seem 2nd rate when NMZ no longer stands on the tip of the Mountain.

We've all moved on with our real, and internet lives, and I hold no grudges with ANYONE who I might have once thrown down the gauntlet with (Most are far and gone from the community anyway), but it just feels nice to say that i'm glad NMZ is dead and buried. Curse anyone who tries to resurrect that board instead of moving on and intergrating with other wrestling game communities. By trying to be NMZ, you will just keep that elitist asshole attitude around.
For someone who hates NMZ, nobody seems to bring it up more than you.

The NekoMancer

Promoter
Reaction score
lol some of the best modders that I know didn't want in that forum because of everything expressed in this thread so... There's not much to say to defend it.

I liked the NMZ, but it was quite shitty that you had to restrain yourself to post some stuff because some people would tell you you stole something when you didn't OR would shit on your work if it wasn't good enough.

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
Or deal with passive aggressive douchebags who bury your topics out of spite. I was honestly amazed how often that happened, it was like a schoolyard or something. I quit updating my save because it was freaking pointless after a while.

As usual, there's people who get pissed when others have something bad to say about NMZ. I liked a lot of people there, but maybe some people should remember that their actions have consequences, and instead of crying about people talking shit about NMZ and the attitude a lot of people harbored there, they could actually just learn from it and change their behavior.

Doubt that will happen, but a guy can hope. I'd rather No Mercy be an ocean of content filled with all sorts of fun, instead of being a small pond with three or four fairly large fish.

But hey, it's gone, now. There's no going back. NMZ is dead, and it's legacy is one that I think we, and a lot of modding communities could learn from, so we don't repeat a lot of the mistakes.

SLX

Midcard
Reaction score
Monarch said:
SLX said:
I'm wholeheartedly behind this, and we should have done it ages ago.

A quick trip down memory lane for us old timers...You couldn't survive in the NMZ-community pre-2011 with your own forum (Such as my No Mercy Modstation)if you didn't follow the NMZ "rules". If you didn't, you'd have your forum hawked by NMZ spies to make sure you didn't post "stolen" textures, and have your board classed as 'shitty', 'a "B" board', ect. So basically, allowing free exchange of texture projects and information off the NMZ grid could sink your reputation. I'm glad we've moved beyond that monolithic era.

Psstt, honestly with NMZ gone, the community is back in the hands of the players, and out of the hands of the "elite" that towed the status quo.

Everyone who wanted to mod wanted in NMZ, and if they couldn't get in, most would give up. Without that board, the 3rd-party forums can actually see growth without NMZ scaring people off. OSR doesn't seem 2nd rate when NMZ no longer stands on the tip of the Mountain.

We've all moved on with our real, and internet lives, and I hold no grudges with ANYONE who I might have once thrown down the gauntlet with (Most are far and gone from the community anyway), but it just feels nice to say that i'm glad NMZ is dead and buried. Curse anyone who tries to resurrect that board instead of moving on and intergrating with other wrestling game communities. By trying to be NMZ, you will just keep that elitist asshole attitude around.
For someone who hates NMZ, nobody seems to bring it up more than you.
I'm late to the party, but wanted to reply anyway.

You see "King TM R C" or whatever, Thats what vocal people do.

You see, my ignorant friend, when a WAR is started, those who have declared war will constantly speak of the enemy, and it has always been so.

Since you have no power here to whine and get me punished, i'd just like to take a minute to tell you that you're honestly a talentless imbecile who only got popular because you ripped off the Juice's style and made friends with other douchebags like nWo mark. You can draw logos and thats about it. You don't, nor ever have come close to anything I'm capable of, and never will.

Now that your favorite forum is dead, a lot of people would prefer it if you went back to playing golf because you haven't really contributed a damn thing here until NMZ went down and you wanted publicity for your boring rehashed save.

And before you come back and try to bash me, just know that the fact that you don't like me doesn't mean that everyone else feels that way or even cares. Hell I don't even care.

Have fun :)

Edit: With a sig that big, you must have no dick.

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
Part of this being a new day means I won't tolerate old NMZ fights spilling out here. If you two have issues take it to PMs.

edit: Dammit SLX, you know that earns you a warning.

dCJCEoJ.jpg

The NekoMancer

Promoter
Reaction score
Taken too far. Again.

Seriously, though, don't take internet people seriously. Most of them have no self-criticism at all.

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
Victor is the voice of reason in this thread.

It's official, hell is frozen.

SLX

Midcard
Reaction score
Well, that's the only time i have felt the need to flame anyone in a very long time. I will hold my tongue from this point forward.

I'm typically pretty level headed in real life, and I'm not going to argue over who started what. But I think everyone is entitled to vent at least once, right?

CalvTheHedgehog

Midcard
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
The fact that a video game forum has required this much attention and inflicted this much emotion from all of us should prove we need a bit of a break. As the topic started, it was kind of reinstating the point like "guys, it's just video games."

I'll admit, I've had my fare share of stress due to NMZ and even some guys here. Maintaining a level of respect in a community like this is very hard, (even more-so as I started being in the community at the age of 12) but we give it more jest than we need to. We all put our emotions into it, cuz I mean, I consider most of you friends. I have some type of relationship with most of the members here, and even if I haven't communicated with some of you directly, I've seen you post, and I remember you as people every time I see your username and I recognize you as an individual. I've grown up with all of you and that holds a way more prominent spot in my mind than it should.

Anyways, stealing is bad, but we're all doing it in different ways. I think people just want to see some honor amongst thieves, but in a form as small as "Credit: user1234" it's not even needed. One line of text being misplaced shouldn't cause a riot like it has in the past.

On a side note, should we make a holiday from modding? I think some of us need it. Just one day out of the year where everybody is urged to stay off the forums and video games and flame wars and everything, then just go the fuck outside and eat a fruit cup. International Fresh Air and Fruit Cups Day. We'll make it a staple here at OSR.

SLX

Midcard
Reaction score
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>Cal'lex</dt><dd>Mar 17 2014, 07:13:29 AM</dd></dl><div>The fact that a video game forum has required this much attention and inflicted this much emotion from all of us should prove we need a bit of a break. As the topic started, it was kind of reinstating the point like "guys, it's just video games."

I'll admit, I've had my fare share of stress due to NMZ and even some guys here. Maintaining a level of respect in a community like this is very hard, (even more-so as I started being in the community at the age of 12) but we give it more jest than we need to. We all put our emotions into it, cuz I mean, I consider most of you friends. I have some type of relationship with most of the members here, and even if I haven't communicated with some of you directly, I've seen you post, and I remember you as people every time I see your username and I recognize you as an individual. I've grown up with all of you and that holds a way more prominent spot in my mind than it should.

Anyways, stealing is bad, but we're all doing it in different ways. I think people just want to see some honor amongst thieves, but in a form as small as "Credit: user1234" it's not even needed. One line of text being misplaced shouldn't cause a riot like it has in the past.

On a side note, should we make a holiday from modding? I think some of us need it. Just one day out of the year where everybody is urged to stay off the forums and video games and flame wars and everything, then just go the fuck outside and eat a fruit cup. International Fresh Air and Fruit Cups Day. We'll make it a staple here at OSR.[/quote]It personally don't see that as really necessary. It wouldn't have opened my mouth at Monarch if I wasn't holding my tongue to say that for the last 2 years. If you don't understand why I flamed him then you really don't know what's been happening in the no mercy community for several years.

Its guys like that who want to kill the board and replace it with their own. Then lock registration so they can be "speshul"

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
hey guys, I think we all missed the point.

Fruit cups.

Status
Not open for further replies.