the "pg era" is not whats killing WWE

kevan1700

Upper Midcard
Reaction score
I am so sick of smarks crying about the pg era. If i recall correctly, smackdown has ALWAYS been pg. I didn't even watch RAW when i was younger because I didn't have cable. But I tuned in to smackdown every week and it was ALWAYS exciting to watch.

Now I cant sit through 30 minutes of smackdown without going :wall: . Not because of the "PG era" but because of horrible, horrible writing.

That's not even to say the WWE writers didn't have their bad moments too. Katie Vick, Mae Young giving birth to a hand, etc...

But because we are being fed an inferior product and bad writing on a CONSISTENT basis.

Now at times, it can be over the top childish (anything related to the muppets, seriously what age group are they aiming for? i was FAAAAR beyond the muppet stage when i started watching wrestling )

But the majority of the shows are not muppets and super-cena. just bad writing (and product placement). i have grown to like zigglers character. i dont know how much of that is actually him but lets just hope they don't mess it up

<small>also, they need to feature my wife layla on tv more. (i know shes horrible but she bad as hell)</small>

nadimmania

Legend
Reaction score
Most of current WWE Creative Team only have an experience in "Soap-Opera" world, Not in "Wrestling" world. That's why they can't write a good storylines on a consistent basis. If WWE hire a creative writer who have an experience in "Wrestling" world, I'm sure they can produce a good storylines on a consistent basis.

KG 24

Main Eventer
Reaction score
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>HAPPY NEWS LADY</dt><dd>Jun 1 2013, 09:27:14 AM</dd></dl><div>The real problem is that there is too much WWE programing.Everybody`s flaws get exposed.[/quote]I think the problem is too much programming, but never seeing enough of the talent. You see all the main people on RAW, and then you see them again on Smackdown, and then again on Main Event, not to mention RECAPS. I'm kinda in the mood for another brand split BECAUSE I want to see that low-level talent (Gabriel, Hawkins, Tatsu in examples) be shown on something other than NXT.

And if anyone is still blaming the crapiness of the product on a tv rating, you need to grow up. It's 2013, get over it.

Meh.

Midcard
Reaction score
One might think to themselves that the writers are restricted by policy's under a PG criteria.

KG 24

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Bombardier said:
One might think to themselves that the writers are restricted by policy's under a PG criteria.
Or maybe they just have a lack of creativity since they're LAZY AS FUGG

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
The problem isn't the PG rating, it never has been. Sure, I miss seeing blood, but when WWE was in full swing during the attitude era it really wasn't NEARLY as great as everyone touts.

I have every single RAW from 1996-1998 and I'm re-watching, and guess what? There's just as much bad as there is good when it comes to the product. The big difference I see these days, is that WWE is giving us more pound for pound WRESTLING action every week, which is great.

Let's not call it the "PG" era, that sounds dumb. We are living in the "Cena" era, plain and simple. It's had just as many great and bad moments as any other wrestling era, but the main problem (in my view) is simple: Triple H and John Cena.

The second (actually, it may be the first) problem is the fans. Over-indulged fans who think the business OWES them something. It's pathetic.

Swifty

Main Eventer
Reaction score
And ofcourse most people blame Cena as always,i'm not a Cena fan and i don't hate him but people should do he's doing what the WWE tells him to do,just like every other superstar.

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
Damn right I blame Cena, here's some proof:

I stopped watching for 5 YEARS because I was sick of Cena. It matters. WWE has lost a TON of viewership during the Cena age. Fact.

kevan1700

Upper Midcard
Reaction score
CBV said:
The problem isn't the PG rating, it never has been. Sure, I miss seeing blood, but when WWE was in full swing during the attitude era it really wasn't NEARLY as great as everyone touts.

I have every single RAW from 1996-1998 and I'm re-watching, and guess what? There's just as much bad as there is good when it comes to the product. The big difference I see these days, is that WWE is giving us more pound for pound WRESTLING action every week, which is great.

Let's not call it the "PG" era, that sounds dumb. We are living in the "Cena" era, plain and simple. It's had just as many great and bad moments as any other wrestling era, but the main problem (in my view) is simple: Triple H and John Cena.

The second (actually, it may be the first) problem is the fans. Over-indulged fans who think the business OWES them something. It's pathetic.
i officially started to dislike cena when they mentioned cena going into a submission match and (at the time) he didnt have a submission. it hit me right then like "wait isn't this guy a pro wrestler. its one thing if you have the skills but just prefer the brawler side or are a bigger/power guy like kane who can get away with throwing smaller guys around the ring, but cena was too small to not have a submission move at all" and then i started feeling that way about all the smaller guys that didnt have some sort of submission finisher. it didnt even have to be their MAIN finisher. just have one in your moveset...

but as much as i would like to put the blame on super-cena i cant do that either. he did pick up the buck when brock lesnar left and its not like cena is a booking/writing for himself anyway

i do fear thats itll be years to come before they even consider cena to turn. i mean shit. how long was hogan getting booed as a face before he joined hall and nash? 12? 13 years???