Tutorial: Orson's Tutorial For JamStubbs' NMThing Tool

Orson

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
Welcome to Orson's Tutorial for JamStubbs' NMThing Music Tool.

This guide is to assist people that are struggling to find a correct offset and get to the music tool working properly.
It shows the procedures necessary for people using a Windows operating system.

To help with troubleshooting, it might be worth setting the Music Tool to run as Administrator and also compatibility mode for Windows XP.

7fZbTNE.jpg

aNyboIj.jpg

CL059vB.jpg

Vmdpkyy.jpg

I1GiFZN.jpg

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
Thank you so much for this tutorial Orson and thanks JamStubbs for the amazing tool.

AKI Man

Legend
Reaction score
Website
s4.zetaboards.com
Yh pretty much what RR said, I really appreciate you adding this here Orson and with such a great in-depth tutorial. Many Thanks again Orson

AKI Man

Legend
Reaction score
Website
s4.zetaboards.com
AwesomeOne said:
i have a question Loco
Why never loading for me? i open the PJ64 and going to menu and i follow the steps i put clic in the Enable music and nothing! is because... please tellme broh :)
Awesome one, I know you say your English is poor, but on numerous occassions you have typed perfectly well and then suddenly! Its piss poor? Also try and make effort and do not double post, you could have edited the first post and make the changes. Regarding the problems you are having, explaing it in a way that is hard to understand will not make it easy for Orson to understand what the problem is! Please specify in stages what is wrong. I have been very patient with you, and still are under speculation, so please be careful next time, or action will be taken. Sincerley :( ...

AwesomeOne

Young Lion
Reaction score
tnafan said:
AwesomeOne said:
i have a question Loco
Why never loading for me? i open the PJ64 and going to menu and i follow the steps i put clic in the Enable music and nothing! is because... please tellme broh :)
Awesome one, I know you say your English is poor, but on numerous occassions you have typed perfectly well and then suddenly! Its piss poor? Also try and make effort and do not double post, you could have edited the first post and make the changes. Regarding the problems you are having, explaing it in a way that is hard to understand will not make it easy for Orson to understand what the problem is! Please specify in stages what is wrong. I have been very patient with you, and still are under speculation, so please be careful next time, or action will be taken. Sincerley :( ...
Ok Ok go back, if you want to delete the other post no problem there, Orson my problem is when I run the wwf no mercy as I am in the main menu, then run the roster tool and I hope to say "Offset correct" and never say that just stays on "Loading Roster" before if he could hear the songs, but one day this problem happened to me and even today I can not listen to any song and when I run the tool roster of songs you hear distorted and not very clear and game becomes very very slow before I went that man, please help me ...

Tnafan now I was clear? :)

AKI Man

Legend
Reaction score
Website
s4.zetaboards.com
Much better awesome one and your English is fine in this post, much much better! I am not trying to be a ass and give you the 3rd degree but rules are rules and we follow them here, but appreciate you trying to change the error of your ways, and its good to see. :yes:

Orson

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
If I was having a problem like that, I would set everything back to it's original state.

Set up a fresh install of Project64, fresh plugins, a fresh install of Roster Tool and clear all of the hacks.
If the problem is still there, you have things going on elsewhere with your PC and none of the above is to blame.
If the problem isn't there, add the hacks one by one and finally your current save state.
If any part of your setup is to blame, you will find it this way.

This is all assuming you keep backups of everything of course, which is the sensible thing to do for situations such as this.

AwesomeOne

Young Lion
Reaction score
Orson said:
If I was having a problem like that, I would set everything back to it's original state.

Set up a fresh install of Project64, fresh plugins, a fresh install of Roster Tool and clear all of the hacks.
If the problem is still there, you have things going on elsewhere with your PC and none of the above is to blame.
If the problem isn't there, add the hacks one by one and finally your current save state.
If any part of your setup is to blame, you will find it this way.

This is all assuming you keep backups of everything of course, which is the sensible thing to do for situations such as this.
Ok Ok man i re-install all, thanks for your help. I'll tell you if it worked or not :)

dabaddguy

Midcard
Reaction score
Heyyo, you MAY have been having a problem where I was, when you get your offeset, do not copy over the 0X4 part, put your offset code after this part, mine finally worked, also when I 1'st tried the offset I didn't get a result with the last for digits ending in FFFE, the first numbers were right but the last ones didn't have that part. Follow Orson's info step be step. What's your offset#???

AwesomeOne

Young Lion
Reaction score
dabaddguy said:
Heyyo, you MAY have been having a problem where I was, when you get your offeset, do not copy over the 0X4 part, put your offset code after this part, mine finally worked, also when I 1'st tried the offset I didn't get a result with the last for digits ending in FFFE, the first numbers were right but the last ones didn't have that part. Follow Orson's info step be step. What's your offset#???
I'm sorry but, i not move hacker, I use the roster tool of other mods I found and just change the songs, I just do patches, I do not know anything about codes :( , sorry Broh. thanks for your help anyway :D :hi

Orson

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
Obviously I am assuming that you have followed every detail of the tutorial and your .exe matches the "ProcessName" in the Roster Tool settings file.

So if your Project 64 is called Project64.exe then the settings file should read ProcessName="Project64.exe"

or

If your Project 64 is called Project64 1.6.exe then the setting file should read ProcessName="Project64 1.6.exe"

and so on.

Also, try changing the properties of both Project64 and Roster Tool so that they run in "Compatibility Mode for Windows XP Service Pack 2" and also "Run as Administrator".

L

leovince23

Crowd Member
hello there. :) i'm new to this modding stuff. i've been seeing a lot of music mods over the internet. are all these compatible with whatever mod i have?