Very controversial talk over a possible Hall Of Fame entrant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tired

Legend
Reaction score
Due to the very controversial nature of this story, this thread will be locked as soon as it is posted. Any comments on the topic may be deleted by staff. Some websites are refusing to post the story due to the controversial nature.

It appears that Vince McMahon is angry at a recurring debate regarding the Hall Of Fame. This debate has been going on for over a year. In short, people around want him to change his mind over a previous decision.

They want McMahon to remove the ban on Chris Benoit going into the Hall of Fame.

McMahon banned Benoit due to the circumstances of Benoit's death. Benoit took his own life in 2007 after killing his wife and son. This cast a very dark shadow on the industry. McMahon had also banned Benoit's name being mentioned on any future WWE programming, as well as the immediate cease of all Benoit merchandise. All WWE owned footage of Benoit's matches have also been destroyed by McMahon's instructions.

Before his death, Benoit had spent a quarter of a century in wrestling. Benoit toured the world with Dean Malenko and Eddie Guerrero, joining WWE, WCW and ECW together. The trio helped elevate ECW as well as WCW's Cruiserweight division. Benoit was the WCW World Heavyweight Champion when they left the company for WWE. This was believed to be the single event that caused WCW's downfall. Benoit main-evented WrestleMania XX, where he and Guerrero closed the show with both major championships.

Another suggestion was to induct Benoit, Malenko and Guerrero as a stable.

Getting McMahon's approval would only be the first stage. If McMahon did lift the ban, Benoit would not be inducted until sometime after McMahon retired.

Some people are using the logic that Jeff Jarrett, Ultimate Warrior and Randy Savage were also previously banned from the Hall of Fame, but those bans were eventually lifted. However, it should be noted that none of them committed atrocities like Benoit did.

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
If this posts gets enough likes we open the topic.

TheDoctor

Legend
Reaction score
Here's a comment, if they do EVER lift the ban on the piece of garbage, I will be done with the WWE for good.

I couldn't two shits about his wrestling career, he is a murderer of a child period, he destroyed any legacy he had himself no one else did. I have heard some many people say don't judge the man, judge the wrestler, well I hope they both rot in hell.

Meh.

Midcard
Reaction score
This is merely my opinion and I don't expect people to agree and I will make it short.

Benoit was a phenomenal wrestler and entertainer - he should be in the Hall of Fame for that reason and that reason alone. I refuse to believe that the evidence presented for what happened in Benoit's acclaimed murder case was all that was true - I truly accept there has to have been more to it and we will never know.

I respect Benoit for he did vast amounts for Wrestling.

The NekoMancer

Promoter
Reaction score
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>Connor MacLeod</dt><dd>May 24 2013, 11:19:26 PM</dd></dl><div>Here's a comment, if they do EVER lift the ban on the piece of garbage, I will be done with the WWE for good.

I couldn't two shits about his wrestling career, he is a murderer of a child period, he destroyed any legacy he had himself no one else did. I have heard some many people say don't judge the man, judge the wrestler, well I hope they both rot in hell.[/quote]This.

His Wrestling acomplishments are worth it... but what he did... jeez. No shit, i liked benoit while he was alive but when he died the way he did, i lost all respect for him.

KWG

Promoter
Staff member
Reaction score
Bombardier said:
This is merely my opinion and I don't expect people to agree and I will make it short.

Benoit was a phenomenal wrestler and entertainer - he should be in the Hall of Fame for that reason and that reason alone. I refuse to believe that the evidence presented for what happened in Benoit's acclaimed murder case was all that was true - I truly accept there has to have been more to it and we will never know.

This.

Also remember,CHRIS BENOIT isn't CHRISTOPHER MICHAEL BENOIT,Chris Benoit is the on-screen character.

TheDoctor

Legend
Reaction score
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>WoodBoy Doctor of Chaos</dt><dd>May 24 2013, 11:37:42 PM</dd></dl><div>
Bombardier said:

This.

Also remember,CHRIS BENOIT isn't CHRISTOPHER MICHAEL BENOIT,Chris Benoit is the on-screen character.[/quote]Still the same person who killed a child, no matter how you try to sugarcoat it, still a murderer. It just amazes me, how people can actually act like they are two separate beings.

KWG

Promoter
Staff member
Reaction score
I think the topic will be locked soon but,no one was there to see what happened,or know why this happened,there isn't another fact besides the fact that they're dead.

TheDoctor

Legend
Reaction score
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>WoodBoy Doctor of Chaos</dt><dd>May 24 2013, 11:44:00 PM</dd></dl><div>I think the topic will be locked soon but,no one was there to see what happened,or know why this happened,there isn't another fact besides the fact that they're dead.[/quote]Yep the famous no one knows or was there defense.

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
Verne Gagne and Jimmy Superfly Snuka have both murdered people (Snuka killed a woman), and I love those guys.

Chris Benoit and the man that killed his wife and child, in my opinion, are two very different people.

<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd> </dd></dl><div>The tests, conducted by Julian Bailes of the Sports Legacy Institute, show that Benoit's brain was so severely damaged it resembled the brain of an 85-year-old Alzheimer's patient.[/quote]

Chris Jericho recently spoke about Benoit near the end of his death, and he even said that wasn't the same guy.

Verne Gagne killed a man and due to his Alzheimer's, had no re-collection of it even happening. No one pisses on his legacy, because he's a very sick man.

Chris Benoit was very sick. He literally had HOLES IN HIS BRAIN. Him, his wife and son, are all part of one great tragedy. I'm not condoning murder, Vince McMahon did every time he let someone who had been showing signs of clear duress go out and put more harm on his already diseased brain.

If anything, look at the scene of the WWE today. The guys are taken care of so much better, and all of this extra attention to concussions is due to Chris Benoit and the tragedy that fell in his wake. Vince takes better care of his wrestlers, now, because he understands how serious head injuries are. Mick Foley has retired for good, because of the research done on concussions through The Sports Legacy Institute.

A terrible, terrible thing to happen, and because of it, stars of today like Dolph Ziggler are being tended to, instead of being pushed to make the PPV. If this had not have happened, who's to say Dolph wouldn't have been forced to compete at Extreme Rules?

Link: The Sports Legacy Institute

edit: spelling :p

Tired

Legend
Reaction score
I used to hear and read stories of Benoit as a teenager, looking up to 'The Dynamite Kid' Tom Billington. I used to love that story because I was a teenager who looked up to Benoit.

Benoit was one of my all-time top 3, with Bret Hart and Roddy Piper. I used to study his matches and promos because I thought he was so cool. When I wrestled, I adopted many of his moves and mannerisms. Not just the crossface and swandive headbutt, but the way he kicked and did side headlocks. I was given the nickname 'Celtic/Causeway Crippler'. Even though I had long hair, some people could see the facial similarities between Benoit and myself. I even have a missing tooth that everyone can see when I smile.

I always believed that the worse things any man can do is assault a woman, or harm a child. Benoit did both to the worst extreme. And one of my closest friends committed suicide just a short time before this. To this day, I hate him for all of that. He is still one of my favourite in-ring performers. He is still a man who inspired me for a decade. He is still a man who did some of the most horrendous things I can imagine a man doing.

Since 2007, I kept my hair long (except when work didn't allow it). I didn't want people to see how similar my face was to Benoit's. Those of you who are friends with on Facebook will not see it. But when I smile, am angry, or really happy, you can see Benoit's face in my own. I am even losing my hair in the same way he did. And I hate that I look so much like a man who did something so evil.

Because Benoit was one of the best wrestlers that ever existed, he has earned his place within wrestling history. He deserves to be remembered for his career and what he did in the ring. But he murdered people. So did O.J. Simpson, and he was one of the greatest American football players ever. Simpson and Benoit should be remembered as the best.

Honoured? No. They robbed their own lives of honour. Benoit should not go into the Hall of Fame.

nadimmania

Legend
Reaction score
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>Reverend RagNaRoc</dt><dd>May 25 2013, 12:30:44 AM</dd></dl><div>I used to hear and read stories of Benoit as a teenager, looking up to 'The Dynamite Kid' Tom Billington. I used to love that story because I was a teenager who looked up to Benoit.

Benoit was one of my all-time top 3, with Bret Hart and Roddy Piper. I used to study his matches and promos because I thought he was so cool. When I wrestled, I adopted many of his moves and mannerisms. Not just the crossface and swandive headbutt, but the way he kicked and did side headlocks. I was given the nickname 'Celtic/Causeway Crippler'. Even though I had long hair, some people could see the facial similarities between Benoit and myself. I even have a missing tooth that everyone can see when I smile.

I always believed that the worse things any man can do is assault a woman, or harm a child. Benoit did both to the worst extreme. And one of my closest friends committed suicide just a short time before this. To this day, I hate him for all of that. He is still one of my favourite in-ring performers. He is still a man who inspired me for a decade. He is still a man who did some of the most horrendous things I can imagine a man doing.

Since 2007, I kept my hair long (except when work didn't allow it). I didn't want people to see how similar my face was to Benoit's. Those of you who are friends with on Facebook will not see it. But when I smile, am angry, or really happy, you can see Benoit's face in my own. I am even losing my hair in the same way he did. And I hate that I look so much like a man who did something so evil.

Because Benoit was one of the best wrestlers that ever existed, he has earned his place within wrestling history. He deserves to be remembered for his career and what he did in the ring. But he murdered people. So did O.J. Simpson, and he was one of the greatest American football players ever. Simpson and Benoit should be remembered as the best.

Honoured? No. They robbed their own lives of honour. Benoit should not go into the Hall of Fame.
[/quote]I think this explain it all. I believe in this post.

KG 24

Main Eventer
Reaction score
The least they could do is to make it so he DID exist. HOF, no, and hell they don't even have to mention him on live or taped TV. But trying to erase a man who did so much for the wrestling business as if he was nothing is an impossible task. I honestly see nothing wrong with at least stopping the censoring of him on old shows and PPVs.

nadimmania

Legend
Reaction score
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>KG 24</dt><dd>May 25 2013, 01:26:38 AM</dd></dl><div>The least they could do is to make it so he DID exist. HOF, no, and hell they don't even have to mention him on live or taped TV. But trying to erase a man who did so much for the wrestling business as if he was nothing is an impossible task. I honestly see nothing wrong with at least stopping the censoring of him on old shows and PPVs.[/quote]As long as McMahon family was in charge of WWE, I think WWE will never stopping "The censoring of Chris Benoit on old shows and PPVs".

kevan1700

Upper Midcard
Reaction score
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>KG 24</dt><dd>May 25 2013, 01:26:38 AM</dd></dl><div>The least they could do is to make it so he DID exist. HOF, no, and hell they don't even have to mention him on live or taped TV. But trying to erase a man who did so much for the wrestling business as if he was nothing is an impossible task. I honestly see nothing wrong with at least stopping the censoring of him on old shows and PPVs.[/quote]exactly...its not like im even necessarily looking specifically for benoit matches. but he was HEAVILY featured during the point where i was REALLY into wrestling and involved in MAJOR storylines. Its frustrating to think i can never relive a lot of those moments he just happened to be involved in for something that wouldnt happen until years later. WWE cant erase the past and shouldnt want to. but it can look to the future to prevent something like this from happening again

HOF is completely out of the question though. it would be like honoring charles manson for his music.

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
To his credit, though, even if Charles Manson hadn't convinced those people to kill those folks..... he would have never won an award for his music. It completely sucked.

KWG

Promoter
Staff member
Reaction score
The motive that made Vince protect Snuka it's because he was alive and a important member of the roster,Chris Benoit wasn't,he was dead,and the police evidences show that there may have been a Double Murder-Suicide.

PunkDEverliving

Main Eventer
Reaction score
I don't know, maybe Chris Benoit is the victim here.
-few days before the incident, people thought that chris is acting different.like worried about his family.(maybe he is getting some warnings and threats?)
-Somebody from Connecticut have added the info about the death of nancy 14 hours before the bodies were found.
-the info on wikipedia only says something about nancy.(maybe nancy is the target? and to make sure that there are no witnesses, they also killed the kids?)

I think he committed suicide because he was devastated because of the death of his family.

I'm not forcing you to believe but this is my opinion and he's still one of my favorite wrestlers and I still respect him.

Tired

Legend
Reaction score
PunkDEverliving said:
-Somebody from Connecticut have added the info about the death of nancy 14 hours before the bodies were found.
-the info on wikipedia only says something about nancy.(maybe nancy is the target? and to make sure that there are no witnesses, they also killed the kids?)
I'm to clear this up right now.

The person in Connecticut was a troll who never met the Benoit family. He was watching the 'Night of Champions' PPV. Just before Benoit's match began, Jim Ross commented that Benoit had been unable to make the show due to "family issues". The guy in Connecticut just jumped to the conclusion that Nancy (who was once a wrestling personality as well) had died.

The fact that he was right about Nancy did not mean that he had anything to do with it. It was coincidence. He was investigated, and charged over the hoax.

Later that year, trolls claimed on Wikipedia that Christian Cage was removed from the main event of a TNA pay-per-view due to his own death.

Status
Not open for further replies.