Very controversial talk over a possible Hall Of Fame entrant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PunkDEverliving

Main Eventer
Reaction score
troll or not, hard to believe it was a coincidence but you probably have a point.

Swifty

Main Eventer
Reaction score
People believe everything the media says and theirs no proof,WWE refuses to talk or mention his name on live television because (according to ESPN) he murdered his wife and kids,in my opinion that doesn't mean the world should forget about Benoit’s career and his achievements

Personally,Benoit was one of the greatest wrestlers of all time and he didn't get into the Hall of Fame in 2013 or will never be but the WWE should have something that acknowledges his long career and his tragic demise in the proper fashion.

There is no denying just how horrible Benoit’s actions were at the end of his life, but we as wrestling fans shouldn’t forget the good that Benoit did over so many years,Instead, everyone must learn from this awful ending to a storied career.

Goatcheese

Main Eventer
Reaction score
I don't give a shit on how successful/good a wrestler is, his actions was wrong. In my opinion, he's a psychopath. Murdered his wife and son because he feels life is shit.

CalvTheHedgehog

Midcard
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I know an 85 year old Alzheimer...er? And he didn't kill his family.

But I'm not sure why he did it. He left bibles there so it couldn't have been out of anger or anything... Idk, I'm on the fence. Benoit was my whole families favourite when I grew up. We'd hear his music hit and jump off the couch. My brother would try to put my dad in the crossface and I'd diving headbutt across the room. It's crazy to see that he did this, but I don't know. I'm still wondering if it's worth overtaking his career for the whole incident. It wasn't right... But neither is pretending his career didn't happen.

Swifty

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Atleast respect his achievements,respect him as a wrestler,respect him as the man who came to the ring put his life on the line for everybody to give you a worth to watch match,a shame people don't respect all this and i know i do,#ChrisBenoitRULES!

TheDoctor

Legend
Reaction score
Swifty said:
Atleast respect his achievements,respect him as a wrestler,respect him as the man who came to the ring put his life on the line for everybody to give you a worth to watch match,a shame people don't respect all this and i know i do,#ChrisBenoitRULES!
And that gave the piece of garbage the right to kill a child? I don't give a good god damn how many titles he "won" or how good he supposedly was. As a father the only good thing i can say that came out of the whole thing is that the waste of human dna is dead too, I hope like hell he suffered when he offed himself.

Swifty

Main Eventer
Reaction score
The double murder and suicide's cause were brain damage since he has a long history with that and steroid abuse,so he wasn't 100% when he did that,i guess this won't be changing people's thoughts but fuck it,he's the best wrestler ever and i won't deny it no matter what.

TheDoctor

Legend
Reaction score
Swifty said:
The double murder and suicide's cause were brain damage since he has a long history with that and steroid abuse,so he wasn't 100% when he did that,i guess this won't be changing people's thoughts but fuck it,he's the best wrestler ever and i won't deny it no matter what.
I know people worse off than he was and don't kill their families, just a lame ass excuse by people who want to make excuses. And btw best ever? Even if the idiot didn't kill his family he was never the best ever.

Swifty

Main Eventer
Reaction score
I understand why people hate him,and i respect their opinions,no hate Connor everyone has a point.

Govos

Upper Midcard
Reaction score
Well, in my opinion he doesn't deserve to be in the HOF.

I been a wrestling fan since i have like 3 years, so i been watching WWF,CMLL, AAA, NJPW and some independents promotions from México and USA, and in most of this companies the name of Chris Benoit means a lot of things, i can't deny that he was one of the best wrestlers of all time, but.. he killed his wife and his son.

Through the history, presidents had made amazing things for his country, but at the end they commit terrible things. One example of this it's Porfirio Díaz, one of the worst and best presidents of México; this man practicly broughts to México the Industrial Revolution and also, he took the arts as one of the most importants things in all the world so he supporter a lot of Mexican artists, but also, this man had a politic that practicly ruin all the nice things that he made to México, he became in a dictator and for that reason México needed a Revolution.

Benoit ruined his own legacy with those actions.

I remember Benoit as a good wrestler and still watching some of his matches, but it's very difficult to me.. i can't watch any of his matches without remember that he killed his wife and son. Benoit also was a very important wrestler here in México, but i've talked with some wrestlers like Blue Panther and Villano III (wrestlers who wrestled against Benoit when he was in México) about Benoit and they said to me: "Benoit was a excellent wrestler but what he done send all his carrer to the bottom".

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
Can people stop repeating themselves, already?

We get it... he killed a child and you are a father. Stop coming back to this thread just to repeat what you've already said 4 times. It doesn't add to the discussion at all.

You don't like these opinions, FINE, but stop railroading everyone with your own.

It's stupid.

KWG

Promoter
Staff member
Reaction score
I heard that theory of Sullivan killing them sometime ago."Chokehold may have killed Benoit's son,Kevin Sullivan know how to do the Thumb Chokehold",the only valid point in this theory.

KG 24

Main Eventer
Reaction score
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>Earthworm Jim</dt><dd>May 25 2013, 03:19:27 PM</dd></dl><div>I don't give a shit on how successful/good a wrestler is, his actions was wrong. In my opinion, he's a psychopath. Murdered his wife and son because he feels life is shit. [/quote]One action doesn't make a psychopath. It's not like he was an abuser of his wife or child.

The world won't end if they un-censor him. That isn't honoring someone, it's making them exist. His actions OUTSIDE the ring has caused him to lose any hope of being honored, but the fact that he was such a big part of his era and they censor him is ridiculous. What if it was Austin, or Cena, or Hogan, or Triple H who did what Benoit did? Would the WWE censor them? Would they honor them? I don't know, but you have to think of those circumstances when thinking about this one.

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
I love how Christ Benoit is the only person people get mad about, because he had a wife and family.

So did Macho Man. He beat the living tar out of the most beloved woman in wrestling history, Miss Elizabeth..... ON A NIGHTLY BASIS.

And yet..... we love Macho.... even the members with wives won't talk shit on Macho.

Let's not have a double standard, here, one standard will do just fine.

KWG

Promoter
Staff member
Reaction score
Same thing on Snuka.

For those who doesn't know,Jimmy Snuka KILLED HIS GIRLFRIEND NANCY ARGENTINO.

ON A SIDE NOTE:IF YOU'RE A WOMAN AND YOUR NAME IS NANCY NEVER-EVER DO SOMETHING RELATED TO WRESTLING.

CalvTheHedgehog

Midcard
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
CBV said:
I love how Christ Benoit is the only person people get mad about, because he had a wife and family.

So did Macho Man. He beat the living tar out of the most beloved woman in wrestling history, Miss Elizabeth..... ON A NIGHTLY BASIS.

And yet..... we love Macho.... even the members with wives won't talk shit on Macho.

Let's not have a double standard, here, one standard will do just fine.
That's true. If anything, abusing on a repeated basis is worse than killing someone. There was no signs of struggle on either of them, so I mean, it's not like it was this insane thing where he tortured them either. It's still bad that he took their lives (if he did), but it could have been worse.

KWG

Promoter
Staff member
Reaction score
Also Benoit loved his family,Daniel Benoit constantly appears on his last titantron (2003-2007),if you pause the titantrons you can see some "shadows mans",these are his son.

Tired

Legend
Reaction score
CBV said:
Whoa, whoa, whoa.

We hated Cena long before any of this. And we still do.

Status
Not open for further replies.