Virtual Pro-Wrestling: Spirit of Queens

dweebyllo

Young Lion
Reaction score
xFinaler.png
Virtual Pro-Wrestling: Spirit of Queens aims to be the first all-female full game conversion of Virtual Pro-Wrestling 2 based around the famed Interpromotional Era of Joshi wrestling, from 1992 and culminating in 1994’s Big Egg Wrestling Universe. Much like the original devs of VPW2 said about the AJPW inclusion in the base game, the theme of this mod is incorporating All Japan Women’s Pro Wrestling and the companies it competed with during the Interpromotional era into the world of Virtual Pro Wrestling. It will feature stars from AJW, JWP, LLPW, FMW, GAEA Japan, WWF and CMLL as well as a host of other female wrestling legends from prior to the era.

Thanks to Freem’s VPW Studio, the changes made to the base game are all made by editing the original ROM meaning that this hack will be playable on both emulator and real hardware, through the use of flash carts like the Everdrive 64.

A rundown of what I’m hoping to achieve with the mod:
  • A complete English translation tailored to the scenario of the mod.
  • Complete roster of 98 wrestlers across the 7 promotions, including 23 legend characters from before the time period of the mod.
  • Fully revamped and useable creation suite, including easter eggs to be able to create stars of the future for dream matches.
  • Complete graphical revamp, ranging from UI to referees to belts, and even some changes in the arenas.
  • Complete audio revamp, including match BGMs, entrance themes and the switch from AJPW ring announcer Ryu Nakata to AJW ring announcer Nagaharu Imai.
  • In early versions, the game will start fully unlocked. Unlockables may be switched on later in development.
  • Reworking of Royal Road Succession into Victory Road, a RTWM/RRS story mode themed around the AJW calendars between 1993 and 1994 with some creative liberties taken in order to fit the limitations of doing so.
Please don’t clamour or badger about a release date. I’m hoping to get a release out at some point in the next year or so. In fact, I’d love to have one ready for the 30th anniversary of Big Egg Wrestling Universe on November 20th. But I just don’t know if it’ll be ready by then, and I don’t want to make empty promises. Please be patient and understanding of the scope of what I’m trying to accomplish with this, I hope I can repay that with a quality mod that people will enjoy playing.

Last edited:

dweebyllo

Young Lion
Reaction score
The first of hopefully many updates on this project as I move through it is a preview of Korakuen Hall.

This is pretty much a complete re-texture of the in-game AKI Hall arena to bring it closer to it's real-life counterpart, tailored to the AJW visual of the time period. At present writing, all of the arenas (including Kawasaki Stadium) will be tailored towards AJW. This is because of something I am currently delving into on the side that would probably make it unfaesible to have a realistic FMW Kawasaki Stadium build. As AJW is the main promotion within the mod, I thought it only fair to tailor as much of the experience towards them, and their presentation, as possible.

This will likely be the biggest overhaul of any of the arenas that I do (unless I can figure out how to get the ramp-less Dome to have it's own skybox), most of the others will be more minor to reflect the arenas when used by AJW during the time period.

If you want to see it in motion, check out the upload I made of the intro featuring the retexture onto twitter:

Attachments

• GLideN64_�ް���_���ڽ_2_385.png
    GLideN64_�ް���_���ڽ_2_385.png
    648.6 KB · Views: 2
  • GLideN64_�ް���_���ڽ_2_390.png
    GLideN64_�ް���_���ڽ_2_390.png
    639.5 KB · Views: 1
  • GLideN64_�ް���_���ڽ_2_396.png
    GLideN64_�ް���_���ڽ_2_396.png
    505.1 KB · Views: 2
  • GLideN64_�ް���_���ڽ_2_398.png
    GLideN64_�ް���_���ڽ_2_398.png