VPW Studio

G.M.Spectre

Young Lion
Reaction score
freem link said:
Sadly, IPS only supports files of over 16MB... I plan on releasing patches as xdelta format, but there are other solutions as well.
Yes, that is correct.
The VPW series heavily abuses palettes to allow color swaps to happen.

For costume items, there are two palettes stored: the ones to use with color 0,0 (a.k.a. default colors), and a green/blue mapped palette used for changing colors.

Faces have a shared set of palettes (in games up to No Mercy, at least... in No Mercy, each face contains its own palette, which is usually consistent between items? I haven't checked.), so that as long as you limit yourself to the first skintone, the color indices can properly map to the other skin colors.

I'm not sure that's going to properly explain it, but hopefully this gives some insight into the process.

Actually that explained that perferctly.  One of the unsaid reasons that I wanted to go for the AKI style in my Project Outsider mod is that I suspected that it would be possible to edit the in game graphics, so most of them have the basic 16 color pallette corresponding to a skin tone.  Working on that as well as past projects will hopefully got me prepared for pallette editing.  The only hard parts should be figuring out how many spaces for outfits I can use, and removing beards for characters (I actually did that with Hacksaw Duggan for his WCW Team Canada outfit).

Anyways, I'm in the brainstorming part of my update, so I'm just trying to get all the future limits in my head so that I don't go too overboard with the expectations.  But even if it's just graphics and movesets that can be modded into the rom itself, that's more than enough for me.  Good luck with your project and help to see an awesome release.  Your work is appreciated.

AKIFan1998

Opener
Reaction score
I can't wait for this to be released so I can finally see what the parameters are for the wrestlers in Revenge! Oh yeah, as well as in VPW 64.

AKIFan1998

Opener
Reaction score
Lol ignore my previous comment. Now I just want the parameters from Virtual Pro Wrestling 64 XD

*Almost 2 months later... XD

freem

Opener
Reaction score
Website
vpw.ajworld.net
Finally available to the public in some shape or form (v0.0.0.30/pre-Alpha Preview 30); download it from the official site: https://vpw.ajworld.net/vpwstudio/
Post automatically merged:

v0.0.0.31/pre-Alpha Preview 31 has been released; changelog and download available from GitHub:

Last edited: