WWE Stars Not Told About Cena-Punk Match Finish

Cue

Legend
Reaction score
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd> </dd></dl><div>According to several sources who were backstage at Sunday's WWE Money in the Bank pay-per-view, the WWE locker room was not told about the finish to the John Cena vs. CM Punk main event match in advnace - but according to one wrestler backstage “it was a total sellout at the monitor!”

We were told, “Even the producers (formerly agents) were sitting on the edge of their seats, which is why Vince McMahon only had John Laurinaitis go out to the ring with him. He didn’t want anyone else to know the finish of the match.”

According to another source, Alberto Del Rio was briefed personally by Vince once Punk and Cena were already in the ring. [/quote]

Aditza

Midcard
Reaction score
del Rio won Royal Rumble and lost the title match,now it'stime for him to lose his chance when he will cash in

Cue

Legend
Reaction score
Aditza said:
del Rio won Royal Rumble and lost the title match,now it'stime for him to lose his chance when he will cash in
lol, I thought ADR was gonna lose his MITB when he showed up. Punk was in no condition to be beaten easily.

AKI Man

Legend
Reaction score
Website
s4.zetaboards.com
The damn stream cut out when Del Rio came in at the end!! Did he actually cash in the briefcase???

If so, what a way to loose your title shot!! lol

Cue

Legend
Reaction score
He attempted but got knocked out and Punk ran away before the ref could ring the bell so he didn't lose it, lol.

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
:smile: I haven't been this happy in awhile. I love how the IWC is eerily silent when it comes to what they thought would happen just days ago.

Guess what, smarks, you ain't that smart. This angle effing rules, Vince and Punk pulled a swerve on everyone.

Eyekon

Midcard
Reaction score
Yup Punk contract doesnt expire till September that why he is the champ he wants to see how he is gonna draw before they make a final contract offer.

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
That's what I said, plus, WWE just renewed his licensing rights days before the pay-per-view.... but apparently I was a dumbass for thinking he was gonna stick around.

AKI Man

Legend
Reaction score
Website
s4.zetaboards.com
Either way, I felt that this was one of the best swerves/matches I have seen in a long, long time.. I saw someone say it was even better than WM17! Now to me they were both very different shows with different meanings.. Im gonna download MITB again just to watch the whole show again! It is one of the best WWE has done in 10 years..