ZetaBoards Integrated Instant Messenger

ERI619

Legend
Reaction score
Website
www.razorinstinctmods.wordpress.com
I Think this forum needs an instant messaging system which helps us to simultaneously send and receive messages and also contact a person without having to wait.

Code Name: ZetaBoards Integrated Instant Messenger

What the code does: Based on the ZetaBoards Integrated Chatroom, this code integrates a instant messenger on your board: Preview #1 - Preview #2 - Preview #3

Features from the ZetaBoards Integrated Chatroom:

BBCode enabled on your board is supported.
Bold, italic, underline, strike-through, color and font BBCode buttons/drop downs added.
Clickable emoticons appear upon button click.
Online list shows current users viewing the instant messenger.
AJAX Auto-Refresh
Refresh Button
Pagination
Delete shout link available to those that can delete posts.
Editable variables.

Features specific to the ZetaBoards Integrated Instant Messenger:

Start a conversation with a user.
Conversation starter can add users to the conversation or end the conversation.
When a conversation is started with a user or a user is added to the conversation you will have the option to send an invite to the user via PM.

How to use the code: Edit the variables to your liking:

The IMForumID number is the forum ID of the forum you create, as instructed below.
The IMmaxChar number is the maximum characters you want to allow per shout.
The IMWidth value is the width you wish to give the instant messenger (100% is to fit properly in the container it is within, you probably want to use pixels when setting your own width).
The IMHeight value is the height you wish to give the instant messenger (100% is the given height of the elements within, you probably want to use pixels when setting your own height).
The IMmaxImageWidth number is the width that larger images are resized to, in pixels.
The IMmaxImageHeight number is the height that larger images are resized to, in pixels.
The IMshoutsPerPage number is the amount of shouts you want to list per page, this can be anywhere from 5 to 100.

How to install the code:

Create a new forum for the data to be deposited to:

Admin CP Posted Image Forum Sections Posted Image Create Section Posted Image Normal Forum

Give all permissions to moderators and administrators, Upload isn't necessary however. Give Read, Start and Reply permissions to regular members.

Admin CP Posted Image Board Customization Posted Image Website Maker Posted Image Create New Webpage

Page ID: messenger
Page Title: Your Choice
Link to this page in the board menu?: Yes
Page Content:

<blockquote class='code_blockquote'><dl><dt>Code: </dt><dd> </dd></dl><code>
<script type="text/javascript">
var IMForumID = '1706655';
var IMmaxChar = '250';
var IMWidth = '100%';
var IMHeight = '100%';
var IMmaxImageWidth = '250';
var IMmaxImageHeight = '250';
var IMshoutsPerPage = '15';
</script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://z3.ifrm.com/63/1/0/p478847/messenger.js"></script></code></blockquote>

Extra notes: Only 100 conversations at a time, greater than will revert back to this page. A user can only be in one conversation at a time.

The following needs to be set to Yes for the online list to record users in the instant messenger:

Admin CP Posted Image Board Customization Posted Image Preferences Posted Image Board Setup Posted Image Active Users List in Topics

TheDoctor

Legend
Reaction score
Why? I mean if you send a message and the person is on they either answer your pm or they wont.

I don't see a messenger making a difference except being annoying.....

CalvTheHedgehog

Midcard
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Messenger is good because when I'm making codes I'll stay on the same page for 30-60 minutes at a time, and when I get urgent PM's it screws me up because I don't get them in time. Idk, I think it's worth a try. And even if we don't use it, it'll totally be valuable for the Zetaboards community.

ERI619

Legend
Reaction score
Website
www.razorinstinctmods.wordpress.com
Calvanater said:
Messenger is good because when I'm making codes I'll stay on the same page for 30-60 minutes at a time, and when I get urgent PM's it screws me up because I don't get them in time. Idk, I think it's worth a try. And even if we don't use it, it'll totally be valuable for the Zetaboards community.
i share the same opinion.

The Aughat

Main Eventer
Reaction score
ERI619 said:
Calvanater said:
i share the same opinion.
My sentiments exactly.

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
There's a chat box on the bottom left hand corner of your screen. ;)

I don't like that code, we've tried it before. Clashes with other codes we have. Good job for taking the effort to go looking for this, though. :)