[Closed] AKI Puroresu mods by Jazz

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDK

Main Eventer
Reaction score
jazz said:
Atsushi Aoki, Katsuhiko Nakajima, Ricky Marvin, Kaz Hayashi, Seiya Sanada
It's always such a pleasure to see a post like this. What can I say, except wonderful work once again! :toast:

chikaraboy

Midcard
Reaction score
Oh my gawd! Did I hear this right? A puro AKI save? About damn time too and by greats in AKI modding. Your previews look awesome jazz dude and can't wait to see the official topic. Cheers

jcsix

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Love Marvin!

And sure thing, I'm basically off for like, 2 weeks now :).

jazz

Midcard
Reaction score
Thanks! Ricky Marvin FTW. By far the classiest wrestler I've ever met, I can't speak highly enough about him! I met Marvin at a NOAH show in Tokyo two years ago and he really went out of his way to be hospitable and generous. He even asked me to meet him after the show so we could hang out for a while and so he could give me some gifts, that's just the kind of guy he is!

@free time: right on man! Look forward to seeing more of your work. I have a few days off over the weekend too, so hopefully this can be the weekend we finally get to catch up.

So, I've modified Stubb's original Tokyo Dome ramp code (w/KussenKDogg's ramp properties) to work in all arenas, and I'm also working on getting the proper arena-specific ringpost and turnbuckle pad color setups. Here's what I got so far:

NOAH:
15481zd.png

AJPW:
i42txj.png

Still need to figure out a way to get the red ringpost/red pad setup, for some reason the same method that I used for the blue corner doesn't work.. I'll have to do some more research into this. The other alternative if I can't get it to work would be to keep red/blue posts and white turnbuckle pads for all four corners.

I'll probably need to recode the NJPW turnbuckle pads, hopefully I can figure out a way to keep it active all the time.

Styles4life

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
So this is going ahead, hey? Fan-fuck-tastic!

Previews alone are making me drool and with a team that kicks ass at aki modding this is a sure fire winner and one I will be watching closely(when I have the time to come on)lol.

jazz

Midcard
Reaction score
14xvl1.png

Korakuen Hall WIP

Good news: I got a Korakuen Hall arena setup (texturing is still pretty rough, I just wanted to throw something together to see how much I could stretch the polygons without stretching the textures too much). The cool thing is that the Korakuen Hall setup isn't arena specific-- since it replaces some of the crowd polygons as opposed to arena-specific stages or anything of that sort, it's basically a single-code universal arena modifier that you can use on any arena and maintain the original ring setup. :)

Bad news: I don't think I can get both the Tokyo dome ramp and Korakuen Hall codes to be always on at the same time(there's some polygon and properties conflicts I can't get around), so it looks like it might be that you can only keep one of the above codes on and then reset the game if you want to change your setup.

Next: Kawasaki stadium? :) I don't know if it's possible, but I'll give it a shot.

TDK

Main Eventer
Reaction score
jazz said:
...so it looks like it might be that you can only keep one of the above codes on and then reset the game if you want to change your setup.
No worries about the setup...

It looks freakin' amazing! I'm really impressed with the sharpness of the textures. Ace work my man!!

AKI Man

Legend
Reaction score
Website
s4.zetaboards.com
Thank fuck jazz rules!!

Thats just brilliant bro, plain brilliant.

You know, regarding your problem with the having the ramp code and arena codes working together? Well, just to be sure, send WldFb a PM and see if he can russle you up a specific code that may solve that problem. The man is a genius and will certainly try and help you my friend.

Awesome stuff bud.

jazz

Midcard
Reaction score
Thanks!

Darth AKI, I might check into that, I still have some activators to try out but I'm still undecided on what is the best way to go.. I think I might just leave it as it is, I suppose it's a bit of a hassle to have to reset the game if you want to switch arenas, but having it as a universal modifier saves us some arena slots-- we wouldn't need to make two separate arenas for an NJPW ring with the Tokyo Dome Ramp and one for Korakuen Hall.

Anyhow, here's the progress on the Kawasaki stadium, which I'm not sure whether to include in teh save or release it independently-- if it's part of the save, it would have to be a third separate arena setup that would require switching on and off. And no one really runs those big Kawasaki stadium shows anymore either.

35k7mg6.png

2vdodg0.png

textures are far from final, just messing around with polys again.

AKI Man

Legend
Reaction score
Website
s4.zetaboards.com
Holy fuck. Thats incredible jazz my man. Shit you are so talented bro.

You know what? I say release the Kawasaki stadium on its own once you are done with it. People can add it to the save if they please that way and it will save you the hassle also.

TDK

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Love the outdoor stadium look, it gives the game a whole new feel... Just when I think I've seen it all, you come back and blow us all away once again! Fantastic work Jazz!!

chikaraboy

Midcard
Reaction score
God damn jazz dude, that rocks. Well, what I mean its everything in this topic. Those arena's look plain awesome and im really am lovin that outdoor arena. Would love to see it released either in the save or on its own. Really excited to see this save is in full progress.

jazz

Midcard
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments! I will release the stadium independently, I'll just clean up the textures and get rid of one small glitch. :)

preview time!

k20je8.png

jcsix

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Holy shit! I never expected it to be that quick!

Status
Not open for further replies.