[Closed] SVR2006 hacking...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cue

Legend
Reaction score
baal666 said:
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>nikethebike</dt><dd> </dd></dl><div>Doing edits to this game, since it has no offsets should be simpler than the new games.
The simplest solution should be this:
1. Find the model.pac file that we want to remove from inside the data of the CH-file.
2. Replace it with your new model.pac file, make sure it overwrites all old data and if the new file is larger the offset for the next file will be "pushed forward" by your insert, if it is smaller it will be "pushed back".
3. Simply update the header with your new size.
Pretty straight forward really.

Is there anybody else who don't understand how to edit the game or am i just stupid ?[/quote]Well, you're not stupid. That much I can tell. lol

jojo

Opener
Reaction score
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>nikethebike</dt><dd> </dd></dl><div>Doing edits to this game, since it has no offsets should be simpler than the new games.
The simplest solution should be this:
1. Find the model.pac file that we want to remove from inside the data of the CH-file.
2. Replace it with your new model.pac file, make sure it overwrites all old data and if the new file is larger the offset for the next file will be "pushed forward" by your insert, if it is smaller it will be "pushed back".
3. Simply update the header with your new size.
Pretty straight forward really.[/quote]
thank for information,but I don't understand

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
jojo said:
really sorry I double post
:sgctc:
I'm to edit it,but press it to the quote
:bender: <big>Death to jojo!</big>

nikethebike

Legend
Reaction score
Cue said:
baal666 said:
Quoting limited to 2 levels deep
Well, you're not stupid. That much I can tell. lol
Well ok.
First you should read the andy tutorials on how to hex edit character models.

In 2010 if you should replace data (change a model.pac) in a ch file you'd need to (the manual way with hex):
1. Find the data to replace, the old model.pac inside CH.pac.
2. Paste your new edited data (new model.pac) over the old model.pac inside CH.pac.
3. Update the index for size and offset in the ARC file for the edited model inside CH.pac.
4. Update the index for offset in the ARC file for ALL models inside CH.pac after the edited one since the new file will change the offset for the following models.
5. To make a completely non-corrupt CH file you should also make the same changes to the CH file that you did to the ARC.

That's why we always ADD data to the CH.pac and only update the arc file to point at the new data at the end of the old file. This will eventually though make the CH.pac file grow until it has grown so much that we will notice slowdowns in the game.

In 2006 if you should replace data (change a model.pac) in a ch file you need to (the manual way with hex):
1. Find the data to replace, the old model.pac inside CH.pac.
2. Paste your new edited data (new model.pac) over the old model.pac inside CH.pac.
3. Only update the index for size in the header of the CH file for the edited model inside CH.pac. Since offsets are not used it does not matter that the new file will change the offset for the following models.

rishishere

Young Lion
Reaction score
hey nike can we unlock legends...like hogan 80's and bret hart in svr 2006 using pcsx2, my ps2 laser died so i play on my pc.....when i go to wwe shop to unlock them pcsx2 crashes....pls reply

baal666

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Download a save with everything unlocked and put it in PCSX2 memcard using mymc(search it on google).

GaijinJoker

Young Lion
Reaction score
Is anyone still messing around with this game if so witch tuts should I go by in modding this game? I wanna do a Current TNA VS ROH mod. I think playing GM mode would be awesome with this mod.

Chris Jericho

Opener
Reaction score
GaijinJoker said:
Is anyone still messing around with this game if so witch tuts should I go by in modding this game? I wanna do a Current TNA VS ROH mod. I think playing GM mode would be awesome with this mod.
READ THE RULES!
:Da F**K?:

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
Hey.... Jericho, don't presume to act like staff.

Whenever I see a noob copping an attitude like that to another noob, I take great joy in disabling your privileges.

@ GaijinJoker: Ignore this asshole.

AKI Man

Legend
Reaction score
Website
s4.zetaboards.com
Considering actual progress on this has been inactive for a while, I would see if there are any updates.

Personally, if SvR06 modding/editing is possible to a sense where it can become a new direction for the forum, I am all for it.

I would even give it a go as I love SvR06.

elchomola

Young Lion
Reaction score
Much better if there is a video tutorial for this.. i love svr 2006 than in any SVR 2010/2011 game. Pls update if this project really work. tnx

WTF

Young Lion
Reaction score
Hey Nike, I know you had talked about seeing if you could get your Editor working w/ 06, and it being pretty high on the to-do list. I just had the opportunity to use the 2010 version, and love it. Will be donating very soon. I was wondering if this may still be in the pipeline? I don't understand hex editing much, as I've tried w/ NBA 2k12-13, but your editor is pretty straight forward and easy.

Thanks man

elchomola

Young Lion
Reaction score
I dont get it.. Im not good in hex editing. Pls do some VIDEO TUTORIAL pls pls pls

nikethebike

Legend
Reaction score
I won't do a video tutorial. Someone who understood the text tutorial could perhaps do it.

I'd love to implement 2006 support in SVRedit, however it's a pretty big task to convert the editor and I pretty much have no time to spear in my life anymore to do any efficient coding. I would probably never be able to finish it, so I doubt I will even start.

If someone has any Ruby On Rails competence and would like to join in on the project and do it I would love to share it.

Prinsto

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
hey guys,

i am also trying out some stuff in hctp, svr05 and svr06. i saw the post about the model sizes (http://s4.zetaboards.com/Old_Skool_Reunion/single/?p=8184860&t=9433235) and i can't get it done.

could you explain it to me for the filesize: 000A4000

i have the following:
XX XX ?? 0A

so XX XX for the model settings (attire and model number) and i think the 0a part is also right. but i can't figure it out. i tried C4 for ??, but it doesn't work properly (model doesn't appear correctly).

i would appreciate it a lot if you would help me out ;)

thanks for your time :)

best regards,

Franz from Germany

Prinsto

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Just wanted to report my current situation on this. I still don't get how to calculate the sizes, but I use the method, which "Super_Luigi" used.

<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd> </dd></dl><div>Up to this point I have just been using character header size values from other characters that are large enough to contain uncompressed files of the wrestler I am working on. So steal that value, apply it to my character header, then pad my character's wrestler pac file so it equals the size of the wrestler's pac I stole the character header value from. Sounds confusing but it really isn't that hard... I'd like to know the equation though.[/quote]

With this method, I was able to import SvR2011 models without problems (you can import whole originals .pacs file from SvR2011) and to import wrestler mods from OSR, that was originally made for SvR10 and SvR11.

So yes: It's possible to easily make your dream roster in SvR06 with the amount of great wrestler mods here at OSR.

Status
Not open for further replies.