Football/Soccer Discussion Thread.

AKI Man

Legend
Reaction score
Website
s4.zetaboards.com
Brazil vs Columbia should be a corker. I am rooting for Columbia but think Brazil will edge it with there crowd support.

Blue Warrior

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Well, Brazil won, but it turns out that Yepes' goal should have been counted.

Neymar suffered a big injury, so Brazil's gonna have to go on without him....which is going to be really hard, since most of Brazil's game is based on Neymar.

Today we've got Argentina vs. Belgium, which is going to be an amazing match, and Netherlands vs Costarica, which is going to be interesting.

My guess is:
Netherlands wins safely. Costarica pulled some amazing things this cup, but their game is average. They can't play against fast teams efficiently, and Netherlands is explosive. They will not be able to bare with their counterattacks. They had a hard time versus Greece, which plays really slowly, that's why I think Netherlands will be too much of a bite for them.

As for Argentina vs. Belgium....this is probably the only match this cup where I don't think someone is atleast slightly better. Belgium is on a terrific winning streak...i think they won 12 last games if I'm not wrong. Argentina, on the other hand, didn't show much this WC. Every game was a close matchup, even versus worse teams. Belgium is a great team, but they could've played a lot better against USA. That's why I'm skeptical. Argentina has more stunning individuals, like Messi and Di Maria, who can really make a difference. But Belgium works better as a team, they have great defense, and young, fast attackers that can escape the opposition defenders and easily score (Lukaku, De Bruyne). If Lukaku starts the match, Argentina will have lots of work if they want to stop him.
My prediction: Belgium wins.

The Best

Legend
Reaction score
Today's matches results:
Argentina vs Belgium ..... Argentina won 1-0 goal scored by Gonzalo Higuaín
Netherlands vs Costa Rica ...... Netherlands won by Penaltys.
Germany 5-0 Brazil , 54 mins played.

TheDarkLord

Opener
Reaction score
so.. if Argentina beat Netherlands.. we're next? :blink:

well.. shit xD

Hasa

Legend
Reaction score
i shoked in fact...i think brazil is a great team without neymar
its the surprise of the year

Hasa

Legend
Reaction score
argentina vs germany in the final round of world cup 2014

what a awsome match will be :)

Blue Warrior

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Messi wants to win this cup so, so bad. This may be his last real shot. Argentina surely will play better than in the earlier stages.

But Germany has the confidence, they had some neat results and smashed Brazil and Portugal. Their defense is good enough to cope with Messi, Di Maria and Aguero.

Who knows, this may be a real cracker!

The Best

Legend
Reaction score
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>Best... Since Day One</dt><dd>Jul 10 2014, 06:51:11 AM</dd></dl><div>I hope to see a beautiful match[/quote]Me too.
Well, Germany won the world cup for the 4th time.