Project Outsider

Status
Not open for further replies.

G.M.Spectre

Young Lion
Reaction score
UPDATE!  Beta .3 released.  Still needs a lot of work, bur I want to get some feedback and show what I can do so far.  I've been using Project64 1.6 and Glide so far.  Feedback (good and bad) is welcome.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/32ul411e53p1g26/Project_Outsider.rar

After testing out how quickly I can learn this editing thing, I wanted to make a mod full of goofy gimmicks, and pattern the roster so that the characters would fit in with the dialogue used in the various championship modes.  I decided to make the graphics "AKI style" using various tutorials for a guide.  That is because I wanted to have them blend in with the graphics in the rest of the game (like that one hidden Big Show face).  Any graphics or codes I make are pretty much open for anyone to use if they want.  I was able to figure out how to get a good AKI style face using Paint Shop Pro and the right face.  I will be using resources from other games, such as VPW2 and WCW Revenge.  I also am going to use the same moveset with each costume.  If I do make another version of a character I'd rather have them have another character space (like the various Stone Colds in WWE '16).

I have yet to learn how to make arena mods and individual move hacks, but that can be saved for a later time.  I don't want to ask a ton of questions and be an annoyance.

So with all that said, I have decided to make a roster mod.  I know it's not going to be to the extent of Showdown 64, but I want to make it at least worth checking out when completed.  It is named after an old newsletter parody that I used to contribute to.

Here is a quick video, and I'll post mod pictures when I have time this weekend .  I hope this gives a good idea of what I'm going for so far.

<iframe type='text/html'  width='320' height='240' src='
' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen=''></iframe>

I hope you like what I'm going to be making, and am open to any suggestions.
The first character I made was Johnny Ace
ace1.png

ace2.png

ace3.png

ace4.png
I decided to make it easy for myself by using the VPW2 moveset and graphics.  And fits in with the theme of the characters I wanted to make with his Dynamic Dude and recent corporate gimmicks.

The second one was his tag partner Shane Douglas.
douglas1.png

douglas2.png

douglas3.png

douglas4.png
I used an Orson Scan for the face.  For the moveset I used the one made by CAW movelists from the CAWplace message board, and for logic, I used the one from Keson's mod code from the No Mercy Library.  I replaced the Franchiser with a Belly to Belly, mostly because I liked that one better as a finisher.

The third one is P.N.News
news1.png

news2.png

news3.png

news4.png
This was the point where I convinced myself I could actually pull this off.  For the face, I was going to use the one from "nWo mark's Folder O'Goodies" in the modding starter kit, but decided to use one from a picture search.  For the moveset, I used a DKJM save for FirePro R as a basis.  I prefer to use movesets from older AKI games, but I found that the saves made by that creator to be a good reference for what I want for characters that wouldn't usually have one.

For my fourth one, I decided to make a man who took the WWF by storm.  A man called Zeus.
zeus1.png

zeus2.png

zeus3.png

zeus4.png
Again, I found Orson's Scans very useful and hopefully his costumes will give a good idea for what I'm going for with this project.  I made the moveset based on his matches (all 4 of them!), and can confirm that he has an accurate "moveset".

Earthquake
quake1.png

He's not a fish!
quake2.png

He's not an avalanche!
quake3.png

He is a MAN!!!!!  Wait, what?
quake4.png
Anyways the moveset/stats/logic are from the Keson Mod from the No Mercy Library.  I did want to make an attempt to edit the People's Elbow ground grapple so that I could take out the Rock's theatrics, and start learning how to move hack at the same time.

When  I finally figured out what I was doing wrong with ripping from WCW/NWO, I made Dusty Rhodes.  At first the face seemed off, but as I played the game the face was just so goofy, it actually fit in perfectly with my project.
dusty1.png

dusty2.png

dusty3.png

dusty4.png
Again, Keson's mod at No Mercy Library was used as the base, and he did have his elbows, his dancing, but I was able to add.....
dustyfinish1.png

dustyfinish2.png

dustyfinish3.png

dustyfinish4.png

The Dusty finish!

And speaking of WCW/NWO Revenge managers, here's Virgil.
virgil1.png

virgil2.png

virgil3.png

virgil4.png
The movelist was from CAW Movelists at CAWPlace.  And after putting Virgil in the game, he's already trying to scam people out of their money!
virgilmoney1.png

virgilmoney2.png

Here is a character from Smackdown: Just Bring It and X-Box Raw, and a superstar who made a short return a few years back.
durst1.png

durst2.png

durst3.png

durst4.png
His moveset is loosely based on the Just Bring It moveset.  Face modding into AKI style is getting easier for me as well.

I mentioned wanting to use the Big Show face that was hidden in the game...
show1.png

show2.png

show3.png

show4.png
However there was a small problem, there was a small bug with the code I used, and this caused the Big Show to turn heel in the game, so on another spot I have...
evilshow1.png

evilshow2.png

evilshow3.png

evilshow4.png
For the moveset, logic and stats, I used the Wrestlemania 2000 info for the Big Show, and for the Evil Show, I used the moveset from the Keson mod at the Np Mercy Library, and adjusted his moves and logic a bit so he finishes his matches with a knockout punch to show how good of a wrestler he is.

dafamily

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Looking good so far bro!! The only thing to mention that I have noticed in other No Mercy mods is that the game becomes screwy when using different movesets in championship mode, like the game glitches out!!

The only mode that seems to work on it from what I noticed is the WWF title mode, other than that the rest of the championship mode is glitched so I don't know if that will be a problem or not, just giving you an heads up!!

G.M.Spectre

Young Lion
Reaction score
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd> </dd></dl><div>Looking good so far bro!! The only thing to mention that I have noticed in other No Mercy mods is that the game becomes screwy when using different movesets in championship mode, like the game glitches out!! [/quote]

Good to know. I went through it a little and it didn't crash for me, but I'll keep a look out for it. It may be because I don't have too many codes on. I did notice some problems when I was using the Z blood code and entrance codes at times.

Anyways, Jim Ross was able to sign up some new characters for my project

"Razor Ramon"
razer1.png

razer2.png

razer3.png

razer4.png
Movelist - GM Spectre - based on Big Titan in Firepro G

"Diesel"
deezul1.png

deezul2.png

deezul3.png

deezul4.png

And since WCW/NWO Revenge is still one of my favorite games, here comes the nWo.

Scott Hall
hall1.png

hall2.png

hall3.png

hall4.png
Movelist/Stats/Logic - DNewgrounds mod from the No Mercy Library

Kevin Nash
nash1.png

nash2.png

nash3.png

nash4.png
Movelist/Stats/Logic - DNewgrounds mod from the No Mercy Library

Hulk Hogan
hogan1.png

hogan2.png

hogan3.png

hogan4.png
Movelist/Stats/Logic - Keson mod from the No Mercy Library

So I'm at the point now where I want to release a beta when I complete a playable path. I wanted to do the character replacements by theme for each particular title. I've been working on the lightweight title path, which I am renaming the "Celebrity Deathmatch" path. I chose this, because it would have the most characters I could make that have not been already been made to show that I am able to do this stuff on my own :). There are two types of characters I want to populate this path. The first consists of "special guest" characters in wrestling games like Fred Durst from Just Bring It. I decided to make two recent ones, with movesets based on the games they were in.

Terminator
terminator1.png

terminator2.png

terminator3.png

terminator4.png

Mike Tyson (and friends)
tyson1.png

tyson2.png

tyson3.png

tyson4.png

The other kind is a celebrity who appeared in a wrestling movie or as a special guest.

Randy "The Ram" Robinson
ram1.png

ram2.png

ram3.png

ram4.png

David Arquette/Jimmy King
arqu1.png

arqu2.png

arqu3.png

arqu4.png

With Randy the Ram, I based his moveset from what he did in the movie. With David Arquette, I gave him a pretty generic moveset, like someone who never saw wrestling would use. I used Jimmy King in the 2P spot, because this character replaces Taka/Funaki and I thought it would fit in story mode. I also wanted to keep in mind that there are several characters in story mode that you have to beat in 3 or 5 mins, so I wanted to put weaker characters in that spot.
Well, I've been making a lot of progress on it, I want to try to get a beta release. So far my goal is to release a save of 35-40 mods. I actually haven't posted as much of my progress as I should have, mostly because I wanted to highlight wrestlers that probably haven't been created. (I'll probably have a huge progress report this weekend with videos, I've been busy with real life stuff). I do have the Lightweight/Celebrity branch converted, so you can see what I'm going for. Anyways, for now, I have more celebrity characters, and I found inspiration in the strangest places. As an aside anything I create is pretty much open source for anyone to use, as long as I get a heads up :).

batgb.png

bat1.png

bat2.png

bat3.png

bat4.png
robingb.png

robin1.png

robin2.png

robin3.png

robin4.png
beargb.png

bear1.png

bear2.png

bear3.png

bear4.png

For the "ears" I used an idea from The_Juice's Tiger Mask save, which consists of using a gameshark code to adjust the shocked hairstyle, and then editing the invisibility of the hair to look like "ears".[/spoiler][/SPOILER][/SPOILER]

dafamily

Main Eventer
Reaction score
looking good so far man!! Loving the celebrity characters, can't wait to try out challenge mode with these guys especially terminator and batman!!

The NekoMancer

Promoter
Reaction score
I don't know why. But I love this.

Any chance you could make King from tekken?

G.M.Spectre

Young Lion
Reaction score
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd> </dd></dl><div>looking good so far man!! Loving the celebrity characters, can't wait to try out challenge mode with these guys especially terminator and batman!![/quote]

Thanks, I want to try to release a beta in a week or two. There's just one last character I want to make for that branch. (hint: He co starred with The Ram in The Wrestler and is going to replace Crash Holly so he's the boss of the Hardcore Branch)

<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd> </dd></dl><div>Any chance you could make King from tekken?[/quote]

Funny you should mention that. Back in the day, I used to make a ton of Tekken characters for my old Smackdown and N64 games. King was always the hardest to make, but with modding, I think he would be fun to put in this project. Especially after finding a page like this one.

One last note. One of the characters I had finished the graphics and moves for was Kimbo Slice, who passed away this week. I wasn't sure if I should keep him in this game. He was one of the more fun characters to play and sim with because of his knockout punches.
Since I have a bit more free time before I go out tonight, here's some more completed characters.

All American and Dugganfan1's favorite wrestler
duggan1.png

duggan2.png

duggan3.png

duggan4.png
Movelist - CAW Movelists

The Yeti (and friends)
yeti1.png

yeti2.png

yeti3.png

yeti4.png
Movelist - WCW Revenge

Sid Vicious
sid1.png

sid2.png

sid3.png

sid4.png

The aforementioned Kimbo Slice
kimbo1.png

kimbo2.png

kimbo3.png

kimbo4.png
Movelist - WaylonMercysHands Generic MMA mod as a base
[/spoiler][/spoiler]

The NekoMancer

Promoter
Reaction score
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>G.M.Spectre</dt><dd>Jun 11 2016, 07:24:56 PM</dd></dl><div>Especially after finding a page like this one.

[/quote]that website is a freaking blessing. I love it.

Keep it up.

G.M.Spectre

Young Lion
Reaction score
Very close to finishing, hoping to get a release by the end of the month. First off, Randy "The Ram" Robinson's co-star from The Wrestler
necro1.png

necro2.png

necro3.png

necro4.png

Movelist - based on DJKM Firepro save

And it's funny that I had this almost finished before this got posted, but here is Ronda Rousey in AKI style

rousey1.png

rousey2.png

rousey3.png

rousey4.png

Movelist - WaylonMercysHands Generic MMA mod as a base

So she works as a celebrity and MMA (European) champion, so lets get some more MMA fighters. Here's the master of the Blood Runs Cold style, it's Glacier (and a friend).

glacier1.png

glacier2.png

glacier3.png

glacier4.png

Graphics - WCW Revenge + WCW/NWO World Tour + Spriters Resource
Movelist - Hunter is the Game

I also made Meng for the MMA path, because I can.

meng1.png

meng2.png

meng3.png

meng4.png

Movelist - WCW Revenge

And since you can't have Meng without The Barbarian

barbarian1.png

barbarian2.png

barbarian3.png

barbarian4.png

Face Graphics - WCW Revenge and Orson's Bumper Box
Movelist - CAW movelists

It was here that I found out that even though some Revenge faces worked pretty well like Barbarian's, the one in Revenge for Meng wasn't so great in No Mercy. Also, even though it was there all the time, this is the first time I used something from Orson's Bumper box, and even then it was just the facepaint.

Now let's get to the crazy characters that probably haven't been made. Here is Interspecies Wrestling superstar Giant Tiger.

tiger1.png

tiger2.png

tiger3.png

tiger4.png

Face Graphics - Using an idea from from The_Juice's Tiger Mask save

Choo! Choo! It's Freight Train from $5 Wrestling!

freight1.png

freight2.png

freight3.png

freight4.png

Making this game 141 2/3% better, it's Scott Steiner.

steiner1.png

steiner2.png

steiner3.png

steiner4.png

Face Graphics - WCW Revenge
Movelist - Keson mod
Stats - Keson mod
Logic - Keson mod

That last costume, Midget Steiner (using a height mod code posted by Tokidoim), is a reference to the New Legacy Inc and Hogan vs Flair streams. Two amazingly hilarious streams where they play wrestling games among other things. One thing is they go through various games and make crazy creations through the editing mode. One such character was from Raw 2, where they edited Christopher Nowinski into Christopher Notwinski.

notwin1.png

notwin2.png

notwin3.png

notwin4.png
Movelist - Shawnashhhall4life
Stats - Shawnashhhall4life

By the way, making this character means I finally passed the first class of OSR mod school!!!

To finish up, for all characters I wanted to keep in the game, I copied them to edit spots, and used the WildFB tool to copy their logic. I also fixed their costumes (does anyone really care about referee shirts?) with some texture editing (Stevie Richards has his hair metal shirts back) and edited some movelists (really, a Kurt Angle with no multiple suplex or ankle lock?). I'm made a lot of progress with the last few months, and thank the community for all the resources that are available. Hope you like it when I finally release it :)[/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/SPOILER]

dafamily

Main Eventer
Reaction score
I was just thinking about this lol, glad to see you made massive progress bro, can't wait to try it out and make some videos on it!!

G.M.Spectre

Young Lion
Reaction score
<iframe type='text/html' width="480" height="270" src='
' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen=''></iframe>

Beta .3 is close to being finished

super_joker

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
love this project! any chance you can make more movie characters? or Street Fighter dudes?

G.M.Spectre

Young Lion
Reaction score
Alright, final post before the beta release, but first things first. I fixed Chris Notwinski, because I finally found the codes for two hand and foot textures...
notwinfix.png

and yes, I did change Al Snow's head into a watermelon.

<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd> </dd></dl><div>love this project! any chance you can make more movie characters? or Street Fighter dudes?[/quote]

Although not for this beta, I do intend on making King, and suggested above and one or two Street Fighters. This actually fits in with the old outsider newsletter, because one of our running gags was the constant connections with fighting games and wrestling in the mid 90's. For example Glacier being a Sub Zero ripoff, Jerry Lawler responding to a debuting Mark Henry saying that he knew how to street fight by saying how "this isn't the World Street Fighting Federation". USA playing the Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter cartoons before WWF Livewire and others.

Now back to the final characters. These characters were already default in the game, but I moved them to the CAW slots using WildFB's tool to keep the logic in place. Most characters had very minimal changes like Kurt Angle who just got a small move edit, Big Bossman who got the classic outfit in the game, and Taz who got some better more ECW like suplexes. Others, I gave some retro outfits like HHH and Shawn Michaels...
hhh1.png

hbk1.png

The Rock has a current look along with a tattoo. Funny thing is that I made it a point to avoid using other people's graphical work, but I found the tattoo design online, and used Keson's Showdown 64 as a guide of all things...
rock1.png

Mark Henry was a simple edit and I gave him a falling slam as a finisher. I used Waylon Mercy's Hands' code for all Special moves at least B level code for this as well.
mark1.png

mark2.png

Taka Michinoku was always one of my favorite wrestlers, especially in Michinoku and ECW
taka1.png

taka2.png

taka3.png

I did what I tried to do in every game I could edit the Dudley Boys in and give them their classic tie dye shirts, as well as make some Hogan vs Flair references.
bubba1.png

bubba2.png

bubba3.png

bubba4.png

dvon1.png

dvon2.png

dvon3.png

dvon4.png

Steven Richards changes from the angry tie wearing censor to the ECW goofball who wears hair metal shirts (including ones worn by Randy the Ram).
stevie1.png

stevie2.png

stevie3.png

stevie4.png

Finally, I took a hint from WWE 2k16 and made a classic version of Steve Austin. He's a hybrid of his various personas before 97, with some move and logic changes. For example, his finisher is the 3/4 neckbreaker which is similar to how he used to perform the Stone Cold Stunner w/o the kick and the back finisher is the Tazmission, which I am using for the Million Dollar Dream.

austin1.png

austin2.png

austin3.png

austin4.png

Finally, I had a problem where I unlocked the GBC space, but when moving it, I cloned it two more times and it just feels in the way. I wanted to see if I could hide or fix that space, but I'm not going to let that delay the beta release.
gbc2.png

All that's left is a new title screen, and some quick documentation/credits and it'll be ready very soon.[/spoiler][/spoiler][/SPOILER]

G.M.Spectre

Young Lion
Reaction score
Beta .3 released. Still needs a lot of work, bur I want to get some feedback and show what I can do so far. I've been using Project64 1.6 and Glide so far. I know I could have used a better configuration, but I was a bit confused with the various docs and wanted to avoid asking too many questions. Feedback (good and bad) is welcome.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/32ul411e53p1g26/Project_Outsider.rar

Now, who else would you like me to add?

savage101

Midcard
Reaction score
Very cool man. Your thinking out of the box and its not the same old thing. Now you need some crazy arena's like mars or the moon.

bluntfello

Main Eventer
Reaction score
I'd like to see more non-wrestlers. How about some video game characters like John Marston, Chuck Greene, or Leon from RE4?

Status
Not open for further replies.